Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

4 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

Ok the one thing that bugs me

Is Marisa in her stage and her well, everything, constantly shifts back between Roman and Greek stuff, to the point where I don't think they know the difference. Like here is a roman gladiator besides what is nominally a spartan/macedonian hoplite. They are nowhere near the same thing!

It shouldn't bug you because Marisa herself says she considers the rightful heir of the warriors of Ancient Greece, so...

3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

The Greeks never had gladiatorial games: they were the guys who had theater, they had bearded philosophers walking up and down porticoes asking each others stuff like "what's the best system of government?" or "what is the true nature of reality?" or "women suck!", they had the Olympics and pederasty, but they never had gladiatorial games. The Romans were the guys who invented gladiatorial games, just like they had crucifixion as preferred execution method, a love for massive war crimes like the burning of Carthage, the sack of Corinth and the Gallic Wars, civil wars and codified rule of law.

On the other hand, the Romans took so much after the Greeks that they were somewhat "grecised" even if they factually conquered Greece. Greek slaves were customarily employed as tutors for the wealthy Roman kids because they were considered the most cultured. The Romans harboured so deep an envy for the perceived Greek cultural superiority that they ("they" = "Vergil") created a whole epic work just to make themselves pass as the direct descendants of the Trojans whom the Greeks once defeated, because that's what the Aeneids really is.
So, even if I notice Spartans hoplites in the Coliseum, I just laugh. We already had a mostly-Venice mashup sold as Genoa, so it isn't the first time.

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Based on what good view you get, this better be plus on block. I definitely wont be remembering all the names of the moves so i'll be doing what i always do name them myself. If her command grab is called the  'oh là là " , this particular move here i'll call the  Crêpes Suzette

Just wait until Capcom reveals the names of her normals (obviously only in the Japanese version, because they never bothered to do the same with the International editions) and they name them exactly like that. I mean, Falke's normals were PLANT NAMES IN GERMAN because they... I don't know, I suppose they just sounded cool.

4 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

I am afraid if I speak up something will change though, cause I think I partially caused the Lily re-design by opening my mouth on the clubs lol.

That's interesting. What did you say, and where? Because I don't think they took out the war clubs, just the warpaint...

Edited by Miðgarðsorm
Just now, Sonero said:

Does that mean that you'd be able to make that into a playable mod?

Yes. 

I am giving Juri quite a bit of costume mods because i enjoy  making 3D renders but most of these i shall be porting to the actual game as well ( though granted i need to look a bit more into porting it into the RE engine game files , i looked it up i can definitely master it given some time ). I'm quite determined to give the characters i like bunch of mods during SF6's lifespan.

I’m not a fan of big bodies normally but Marisa looks super dope. I love Greek culture and that grab looks absolutely vicious.

Manon looks cool too even tho I agree there is something sus with her legs lol 

Also I logged it to tell Perth about Hades 2 but clearly he knows.

Edited by Vhozite
2 hours ago, Skort said:

As someone who never really  played Tekken but is somewhat interested in T8 what are the chances of these characters to be added : Lili , Nina , Anna and Eliza ? From the female roster those i like the most while from the guys  Kazuya is already in the game so all is good.

Lili - 100%. A favorite of Harada’s, commonly played, and a unique fighting style. I think Lili is one of those characters that’ll never miss a game after her debut. She also kinda took over Nina’s main female role in the series. If she does not get in, I’ll eat a sock.

Nina - 100%. While she is not the female who is the most merchandised anymore, Nina is still popular and important to the story. She one of the few characters that has a positive relationship with Jin, I could see her being in the story. She also one of the few characters that was in every Tekken game.

Anna - 50%. Her story is tied to Nina, but she has missed  Tekken 4 and didn’t get into Tekken 7  until season 2. Whenever the roster isn’t willing to try and get everyone back, she seems to be one of the expendable ones. But we don’t know how the roster will be this time around, so who knows.

Eliza - 10%. Fans hate her for being a 2D character and she isn’t popular competitively. If the team is feeling funny, I could see it. But otherwise I don’t think she’ll make it.

40 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

It is confirmed that the first season pass will only have 4 characters. If the following will continue to have that number is not confirmed.

I don't think it will.

Didn't Tekken7 start with 2 or 4, then jump to 6 after the first season? I think we could see something similar with SF6. Also the first season is technically only half a year compared to SF5 S1 which was about 9 months.

24 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

People say bison but I keep staring at it and im just not seeing it.

He's creating constructs sure, like green lantern but with psycho power, but not bisons ghost.

I’m on mobile so I can’t get a good screen cap, but watch the movie JP does at around 1:44 in the trailer at like 50% speed. To me it really looks like a ghost swiping at the opponent. You can clearly see the hand swiping at the opponent from his construct.

I think the red VFX around his psycho power attacks (in addition to the purple) also imply Bison’s presence but I admit that is a reach. 

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I’m on mobile so I can’t get a good screen cap, but watch the movie JP does at around 1:44 in the trailer at like 50% speed. To me it really looks like a ghost swiping at the opponent. You can clearly see the hand.

I think the red VFX around his psycho power attacks (in addition to the purple) also imply Bison’s presence but I admit that is a reach. 

I really like the idea of puppet/enslaved Bison, but the PS Blog says:

"JP can also send out clones from across the screen with Torbalan or Embrace to keep his opponents in check"

23 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

He's creating constructs sure, like green lantern but with psycho power, but not bisons ghost.

But I'm halfway through my Misery 2 screenplay. I just wrote the part where Bison tries to escape, so @Daemostakes away his toothbrush and cancels his dental insurance. 

29 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

It's more like Balanced Kenshi variation or Rose's Astral Projections but more evil.

Bison was able to do this in the canon but over much longer distances.

The "unique" thing about JP's moveset is those crystalline structures. They are like Kolin's ice or Otama-raga's crystals. Very interesting.

52551721236_d66e416dd5_k.jpg 52551721251_c5422e6526_k.jpg

I was planning on making my create-a-character a Chun-Li clone, because I wanted to control Chun-Li as I roam around the city.

Now with the SF Masters being able to travel with you wherever you go, I can take my Waifu to see a fight at the Metro City arena, or enjoy a sunset beach vacay in Jamaica, or see the collesium in Italy, or enjoy a carnival and crepe in France. 

Oh I can just imagine it right now, Chun-Li_Forever and Chun-Li taking a nice walk down the streets of Metro City... then we get into a scrum and beat down the fools who dare try to mess with us. Then Chun-Li tells me how to refine my techniques, to watch out for whiff punish opportunities, and to stay in my footsies range. Then we'll walk to the mall to get some new drip before concluding with some ice cream...  💙🤍😍🤍💙

Li-Fen can look after Chun-Li's kung fu school while we're out... probably... she'll be fine.

Edited by Chun-Li_Forever

Not gonna lie the shading / lighting in the open world zones is far less impressive than actual 1v1 stages in SF6. I suppose they had to compromise something if they opened the world like that, though i wonder why, the engine is clearly capable of more. 

Performance perhaps ? Those screenshots look way off. I am still curious how this game will look and run on PS4

14 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Until I see otherwise, I don't think the PS4 version is releasing. We've seen nothing from that version of the game. PS5's have been easier to come by and by June of next year, I don't see lack of PS5s being an issue anymore. 

Hmm, remains to be seen indeed. It's still advertise to release for PS4 as well. 

Graphic wise the console is definitely capable if the game is properly optimized if you look at games such as Red Dead 2 that do run on PS4 though if i recall it's locked on 30fps. For a fighting game however 30fps is a no go so they will definitely need to do some magic to get it working properly. 

I'm thinking  if SF6 does release for PS4 as well it may have some of the following changes

• Lower texture size
  • Reduced draw distance in the open world mode
  • Less crowd density
  • Frame skip ( every 3rd frame skip ) for animations. It's a common way to increase performance while barely being noticeable
  • Lower field of view while in the open world so the console GPU has to render less in front of your viewport, thus increasing performance if possible

Curious if it's going to have cross-play with the other platforms as well.

@SkortCPU is the biggest issue. The best example of that is the Xbox One X versus the Xbox Series S. The One X actually has the edge in specs except for the CPU and the HDD speed. One X can actually put out games that look better than Series S but the Series S is hitting 60fps or sometimes more. The One X isn't doing more than 30fps. The PS4 CPU is a slower version of the Xbox One CPU. Not the One X, the base Xbox One.

RE Engine is very scalable (look at Monster Hunter on Switch), so there should be no issue visually downgrading the game for PS4. But: I fear this whole thing is going to bite them in the ass in Year 4 or 5 of supporting the game. They'll have to make sure every new character coming out in 2027 for example doesn't break the framerate on a console from 2013. I hope in turn this doesn't turn into a bottleneck when designing characters.

11 minutes ago, delete_me said:

RE Engine is very scalable (look at Monster Hunter on Switch), so there should be no issue visually downgrading the game for PS4. But: I fear this whole thing is going to bite them in the ass in Year 4 or 5 of supporting the game. They'll have to make sure every new character coming out in 2027 for example doesn't break the framerate on a console from 2013. I hope in turn this doesn't turn into a bottleneck when designing characters.

You are missing on key issue. SF6 needs to run at 60fps. Monster Hunter is 30fps on Switch. When scaling games down to Switch, the first thing the developers typically due is cut the framerate to 30fps. That's not an option for SF6.

Edit: Not an RE Engine game but Destiny 2 is 30fps on PS4 and XBO because of the CPU. This holds true of the Pro and One X as well. Both of those revisions dramatically increased GPU power, but the CPU was just overclocked from 1.6ghz to 2.1ghz (Pro) and from 1.75ghz to 2.3ghz (One X). Bare in mind, Digital Foundry was able to get the game to 60fps on PC on a "potato CPU". A Pentium G4560 IIRC. The CPUs in the PS4 and XBO are really bad. Clock for clock the Switch's CPU is faster.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

You are missing on key issue. SF6 needs to run at 60fps. Monster Hunter is 30fps on Switch. When scaling games down to Switch, the first thing the developers typically due is cut the framerate to 30fps. That's not an option for SF6.

Monster Hunter is 30fps because they wanted to target a certain visual fidelity and because 60fps wasn't strictly necessary. At the end of the day you can get basically everything running at 60fps if you reduce the workload in other areas significantly. At least of go into development with that outset in mind, contrary to most belated Switch ports that happened after the fact. For better or worse Capcom was always planning to put SF6 on PS4 so in that regard they went into it making sure they could get it to work on the old machine.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Kizzie intends to compete in SF6 so it probably will matter if it's indeed illegal.  What does that button do anyway?

Im pretty sure it's a button that will input the opposite direction of whatever your lever is inputting

Basically a way for stick users to have hitbox style socd tricks

Edited by Shahenzan
3 hours ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

I'm really happy that Street Fighter 6 is going to get an Arcade version. Even though I'll likely never be in a position to play it, just knowing that the newest entry will continue the tradition makes me happy. Something about seeing SF in an Arcade setting that always takes me back to being a kid.

I felt the same way about Street Fighter V's eventual Arcade version. Too bad I never had a chance to go to Dave & Buster's to run everyone off the machine with my Scammy.

It was a missed opportunity with SFV

I just hope they would go on full internationally not JP exclusive. 

Malls and Arcades are still a thing here in Philippines,

They are still favorite hangout but it's slowly dying and replace by electronic pinball games and china games.

We even have UMVC3 arcades here for awhile along SF4 that were modified PC and Xbox to turned into a coin op. This is why those game were kinda wide reach here compare to SFV that easily died and most of the players left isn't as active like it was in SF4 and UMVC3.

People here practice on those modified PC and Xbox in garage arcades then plays on official version of the arcade in the mall, to show off. This is still a practice with Tekken Machines. Tekken is still big here and mostly in every Arcade.