Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

Maaaaaaaaan I love that they have 4 new characters but MAN I miss when individual characters got a focus. I NEED more Marisa. Luckily the blog gives us more info:

A powerhouse of a character, Marisa utilizes her long limbs to unleash slow yet gargantuan strikes. Marisa can use Gladius, a devastating straight punch that can be wound up for extra damage. Scutum is a defensive stance that gives her upper body armor and counters an opponent’s attack. Use Quadriga, a powerful front kick to show opponents that “This. Is. Marisa!” Her Level 3 Super Art channels the Goddess of the Hunt into an almighty tackle straight into a wall.

J7H3GL5.png

Judging by the blog, this has to be Gladius. 

Skw1Qkq.png

EX Quadriga. So much range. Plus I'm guessing L/M Quadriga to end the combo:

UCFQkGE.png

And this is Scutum, her counter:

JqoF2Lb.png

I just wish we knew more about the other stuff. The EX launcher, is that EX Gladius? Or it might be the move from the voice leaks, Tonitrus:

umaiu3D.png

And maybe this is her regular Tonitrus? 

KWvlUJS.png

The leaks also mentioned she has a mixup game with a move called Prochella, I just want to know how it all works together

Edited by Jocelot
2 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

I think people are gonna have to get used to Capcom using real life features. They want the women to look distinct. 

I don't think it's even them trying to look after real life. They're just going for distinct facial features on their female characters as well, which means that the people who think the only "feminine" skull type is the anime-girl one are going to get disappointed and cry "manface".

I liked what they did with Kolin in V, so I like what they're doing in VI.

5 hours ago, EvilCanadian said:

I do not approve of turning her from an alien human into an anime!!!!!

FTFY.

Flippers for feet, ankles barely an inch around, thighs wider than her waist, boobs implying a body fat level no ballet dancer ever had, haircut from someone who loves Splatoon far too much, a schizophrenic outfit... 

...and it's the *cheekbones* they alter?!?

What in the actual fuck.

On 12/9/2022 at 11:53 PM, Skort said:

Not gonna lie the shading / lighting in the open world zones is far less impressive than actual 1v1 stages in SF6. I suppose they had to compromise something if they opened the world like that, though i wonder why, the engine is clearly capable of more. 

Performance perhaps ? Those screenshots look way off. I am still curious how this game will look and run on PS4

On 12/9/2022 at 11:58 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

Until I see otherwise, I don't think the PS4 version is releasing. We've seen nothing from that version of the game. PS5's have been easier to come by and by June of next year, I don't see lack of PS5s being an issue anymore. 

On 12/10/2022 at 12:28 AM, delete_me said:

RE Engine is very scalable (look at Monster Hunter on Switch), so there should be no issue visually downgrading the game for PS4. But: I fear this whole thing is going to bite them in the ass in Year 4 or 5 of supporting the game. They'll have to make sure every new character coming out in 2027 for example doesn't break the framerate on a console from 2013. I hope in turn this doesn't turn into a bottleneck when designing characters.

The real shitty part is you can tell SF6 is very much held back visually because of having to support PS4 while running at 60fps (at least most of the time). 

Some of the texture choices are strange, the lighting feels unfinished and flat, characters are missing shadows, on certain stages everything looks like it's sticking out or photoshopped in. This title should've been ps5/xbsx exclusively and blow everybody's minds with the visuals

static/screenshots from 6 make the game look like it's from a decade ago, not a 2023 project

And of course the severely simplified graphics in the World Tour mode

IMO Bandai made the right call to make T8 current-gen only while Capcom will bite their elbows down the line

Edited by -PVL93-
25 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

MO Bandai made the right call to make T8 current-gen only while Capcom will bite their elbows down the line

I definitely agree with this.

I think the best most recent example where porting the game to last gen was a really bad call is Cyberpunk. The game ran pretty okay on PC , current gen consoles ok after some patches but last gen consoles even after ~2 years of patches it still  struggles a lot.

Really curious how SF 6 on PS4 will turn out.

also on topic of fighters being cross- or currentgen only

holy fuck I cannot wait to see the visuals NRS are about to squeeze out of the hardware with MK12. Keep in mind they've been working on a heavily modified version of an engine from over a decade ago and managed to deliver insane graphics with Injustice 2 and MK11, and that wasn't even UE4. Now that they're hopefully moving to UE5 (which is a massive jump in both the available tools and the development environment), I hope the artists team can utilize all its features, which so far Namco haven't shown to (though Harada did mention that the footage from TGA trailer for Tekken 8 is very much in development and unfinished, while we know they're using UE5 this time)

ArcSys also haven't yet upgraded to UE5 and all their latest projects (DNF, Strive) are built on UE4, and seeing how much progress they've made from Xrd in 2014 all the way to GGST last year - suffice to say whatever their first true currentgen game will be, it'll blow our fucking minds

Maybe unpopular opinion but i think it's too early for a new MK game if its releasing next year. 

MK 11 does not feel old to me. I would much welcome Injustice 3 or even the rumored Marvel game they are supposedly working on. MK could take a step back for the time being, but if they do indeed develop MK 12, ease down on the fatalities / brutalities. While these have always been a big part of what made MK popular, i think it's way overdone in the latest entries in the franchise and they get really stale after you watch them a few times.

28 minutes ago, Skort said:

Maybe unpopular opinion but i think it's too early for a new MK game if its releasing next year. 

Well that's the thing....

as of *right now*, without any credible leaks or rumors or spoilers, 2023 is more or less looking to consist of:

- SF6 launch + season 1

- Samsho rollback

- KOFXV crossplay + season 2

- FighterZ rollback

- DNF season 1

- Strive season 2 wrap-up + season 3 start

- Granblue balance patch + new DLC + idk rollback finally?

So unless you consider the smaller indie FGs, Street Fighter is going to be the only major release of the year. Namco haven't even as much as hinted at the launch year for Tekken 8, and Ed Boon is still dead silent in regards to Mortal Kombat. We don't know if ArcSys are working on anything else except DLC characters for already released games either

It's entirely possible 2024 will see the T8 vs MK12 clash

Edited by -PVL93-
20 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

wjx0gf3kcv4a1.jpg?width=1632&format=pjpg

Problem is  original have more unique look, latter looks generic cute videogame girl

Plus this color is'nt the official and make her bit less feminine, i think original blue eyes and pink hair soften her look a lot compared to that color

Btw i think for sharp face structure, with high checkbones and that kind of nose they took bit inspiration by Milla Jovovich

Street Fighter 6 Trailer Reaction - Game Awards 2022 (Dee Jay, Manon,  Marisa, JP) - YouTube

Wallpaper actress face girl milla jovovich movie resident evil - Photo  Wallpaper desktop

Edited by CESTUS III
3 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

I don't think it's even them trying to look after real life.

From my vantage point, I feel like I could pull Chun-Li and Ryu from out the game and spar with them a bit! The models carry a certain degree of “maybe I could watch them in an actual fight online” or something. 

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Its..FUCKING FUNNY, because I have to be the only poster that at any point talked about how the character was capable. Then the haters told me I was wrong. Wonder where the haters were at that didn't know how the character worked and then came back like "Oh, FANG can frame trap 3 frame normals".

What else is funny is that Cody and Karin, two pretty strong characters, both lose to FANG.  And I've heard other people say their character loses to FANG as well.  If all these characters lose to FANG then is he really that bad?  It's like the Honda syndrome where he beats everyone but is still low tier somehow.  

Just now, HeavensCloud said:

What else is funny is that Cody and Karin, two pretty strong characters, both lose to FANG.  And I've heard other people say their character loses to FANG as well.  If all these characters lose to FANG then is he really that bad?  

Honestly my issue with what happened then, which coincidentally also happened during season 2 when I said Rashid was gonna be a problem and somebody said Cammy had better pressure than him, that dudes literally don't want to take a moment to process information.

When I said that for FANG you had to keep track, becuase if he gets away with one coward crouch into kicks, he goes back to the same situation he was before and its like he resets his pressure. The whole convo got turned into "LOLOL what's a pressure reset"?  That shit drives me out of my mind because people aren't trying to talk about gameplay stuff that you can go to training mode and verify. People are arguing from a weird clout position.

FGC has gotten way more dickridish in general. Its going to really hamper how people work out SF6 in the west. We're gonna get a whole lot more of the "BUT THE PROS DONT THINK SO". Sure, alright, whatever.