Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

59 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Speaking of things going on,

The amount of Strive players that are mad that ASW didn't nerf some shit to the ground is hilarious. Not sure what they were expecting from ASW but holy shit.

😂

Almost as if the majority of people playing Strive are people who never played ASW games and are very likely jumping ship to SF6 once it comes out 🤔

21 minutes ago, delete_me said:

Just watched some Max video about the latest trailer. All you American dudes, please don't massacre Manon's name the way he does.

Resident monkey man @EvilCanadianhas it almost nailed, take him as an example instead. 

How do you say it? I been saying 

MAN-NON, but truthfully I’m known irl for saying shit wrong lol

Is it MAY-NON?

5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Almost like ASW makes Kusoge ass characters and people gassed themselves up into thinking they weren't.

We already had this conversation.

You confuse your personal preference with something as an absolute way that characters and games should be designed.

Buffs >>>>>>>>>> Nerfs

Also, this boricua here making me sound as if I am defending Strive, smfh.

For what I gather from our previous convos, I can only deduce that reducing the character options and system mechanics in Strive is what has lead to what you and other people usually complain about the game, showing why Strive belongs to the garbage bin.

Edited by Hecatom
1 hour ago, delete_me said:

Just watched some Max video about the latest trailer. All you American dudes, please don't massacre Manon's name the way he does.

Resident monkey man @EvilCanadianhas it almost nailed, take him as an example instead. 

I'm not surprised considering max STILL says "sa-kooo-rah" all these years later even though we have multiple sources correctly pronouncing her name

49 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

How do you say it? I been saying 

MAN-NON, but truthfully I’m known irl for saying shit wrong lol

Is it MAY-NON?

It's "mah-non" with the emphasis on the O. At least that's how the name was pronounced in Medal of Honor Underground where the playable character was named the same 

I wonder what are the chances of BETA 3 to have completely different character pack.

Like none from current build except maybe Ryu and Chun but remove all the rest and add SIM,Honda ,Blanka,Manon,Marisa ,DJ and JP.

Would  allow Capcom to get more data on characters as it would force the player to play certain characters.

I know the betas are mostly to test online play and not the characters,but you never know.

Edited by Skort
51 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

We already had this conversation.

You confuse your personal preference with something as an absolute way that characters and games should be designed.

Buffs >>>>>>>>>> Nerfs

Happy Chaos comes in, shoots people from across the screen with virtually no counterplay.

"If you just buff other people"

sometimes you have to nerf shit. ASW has been making games for 20 years and they still put out poorly thought out characters.  Buffs > Nerfs people have taken in the wrong way. Sometimes you have to nerf shit because it warps the game into shitty territory.

In this situation its coupled with ASW buffing random dumb shit that didn't need to get touched.

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I wonder what are the chances of BETA 3 to have completely different character pack.

Like none from current build except maybe Ryu and Chun but remove all the rest and add SIM,Honda ,Blanka,Manon,Marisa ,DJ and JP.

Would  allow Capcom to get more data on characters as it would force the played to play certain characters.

I know the betas are mostly to test online play and not the characters,but you never know.

That's kind of what I was going to happen for beta 2, that they'd rotate some characters out. I'm still stoked to play but it woulda been pretty neat. If beta 3 happens I'm sure they would. If I got a chance to play Marisa before June I'd be a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry happy guy

11 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Happy Chaos comes in, shoots people from across the screen with virtually no counterplay.

"If you just buff other people"

sometimes you have to nerf shit. ASW has been making games for 20 years and they still put out poorly thought out characters.  Buffs > Nerfs people have taken in the wrong way. Sometimes you have to nerf shit because it warps the game into shitty territory.

In this situation its coupled with ASW buffing random dumb shit that didn't need to get touched.

Like I said before, the problem here steams of how bad Strive is designed, HC for what I have seen is a character designed for a game that Strive it isn't close to be.

And yeah, duh, sometimes you have to nerf, but considering how kneecaped almost everyone is on Strive and the game also kneecaping options, is no wonder a character like HC would rule over the cast.

Nerfing him wouldn't really resolve shit, when the game is fundamentally flawed.

His character design given the context of the game strikes me like Akuma or Millia and Raven, that no matter how much they nerfed them, they were always strong chars that even if made reasonable people will complain about, since they either work outside the framework other chars have to play, or their options are just really good overall.

Also, tangent, most of the characters you complained as poorly thought out are fine, with some notable exceptions, like the top tier on BBCT, which were mostly bad because the guard lybra system than their movesets themselves.

Edited by Hecatom

I wonder if there will be any kind of balance changes to the beta, specially seeing how PC niggas have been able to keep playing the old build to test and learn what they can do on the game.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people will turn off the crossplay during this beta because of that, lol.

6 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nerfing him wouldn't really resolve shit, when the game is fundamentally flawed.

???
The game did exactly what it set out to do, HC is an issue because he represents a lot of options that arent consistent with the limits and standards the game seemed to want to enforce
Nerfing him made the game better once, and nerfing him again now is about to make the game better again lol

Latest strive patch gives me hope for the game BECAUSE theyre nerfin things

Can't complain personally. I got Juri in the beta so I'll be able to test a lot of stuff I practiced in the cracked one.

From the remaining cast I'm only rly interested in Manon and Cammy tbh. DJ a bit as well but I don't play charge usually so there's that. Besides, 4 characters is pushing it.

I'll stick  at 3 the  most for season 1.

Edited by Skort
14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I wonder if there will be any kind of balance changes to the beta, specially seeing how PC niggas have been able to keep playing the old build to test and learn what they can do on the game.

The CBT2 blog did mention some small changes for beta 2, jeah. I think the biggest thing was no more universal projectile invincility on Level 1 Supers (but I didn't even know that was a thing so w/e I guess) :

Balance Adjustments
- Perfect Parrying a projectile now has the same damage scaling when attacking an opponent during their recovery as Perfect Parrying a strike.
- If you continue your parry stance after Perfect Parrying a projectile, if you release the parry within a certain period of time, no recovery time for releasing the parry will occur.
Level 1 Super Arts for all characters no longer have projectile invincibility.

Ryu Adjustments
Balance Adjustments
- To go along with the invincibility change made to all Level 1 Super Arts, Ryu's Hashogeki and Shin Hashogeki are now considered strikes and not projectiles.

Edited by Jocelot
33 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people will turn off the crossplay during this beta because of that, lol.

I just saying if I come across random Guile's doing drive rush booms loops in the corner I know what time their on.  

5 hours ago, Sonero said:

Speaking of things going on,

The amount of Strive players that are mad that ASW didn't nerf some shit to the ground is hilarious. Not sure what they were expecting from ASW but holy shit.

😂

Where tf is this happening?  The patch looks super good.

Nago health and pokes nerfed.

HC midscreen combo Swiss army knife nerfed.

Ram rekka damage nerfed. 

Milia keeps L/R mix-ups when cornering.

Jacko minions are now basically Haggar.

What's not to love???

Guys. A question. I managed to get into the beta on PS5 and one of my friends is really upset that he didn't get it. If I give him my PSN log in and password, will he be able to log in to play without issue?

None of my friends managed to get into the first beta, and now for the 2nd one,  only me and another guy got in. The rest (around 8 of them didn't get in).

Anyway, yeah, we'll be able to test how godlike the netcode is when we play together. Singapore to USA. ShinTwinblades incoming!!!😆

8 hours ago, delete_me said:

Fully nailed it you mean, its time for you to brush up on your pronunciation 🤠

*edit*

as a french canadian though it fucking pains me to pronounce her name, when I left quebec behind I very much left everything french behind, I don't like having to be "correct" id rather butcher her name and troll people honestly.

Edited by EvilCanadian
34 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Fully nailed it you mean, its time for you to brush up on your pronunciation 🤠

#remindme: never compliment the monkey again. 🙊

I think it's important to get the names right though. Every time I hear a commentator say "Raioo" for Ryu it sends shivers down my spine. 

I do have absolutely no clue how to pronounce Marisa though, but I doubt the strong "s" most people go with (MariSSa) is correct.

4 hours ago, Sonero said:

Missed opportunity to post this - Which is clearly the inspiration behind the character...

5 hours ago, The Slick Tony said:

Great theme. While he takes cues from other bosses in SF, he still looks to play like different.

I'm still disappointed they went the Psycho Power route instead of introducing something completely new like Gill/G and even Seth. He also should've had a Russian accent if they wanted to cement the Rasputin angle further.

Edited by Daemos
45 minutes ago, delete_me said:

#remindme: never compliment the monkey again. 🙊

I think it's important to get the names right though. Every time I hear a commentator say "Raioo" for Ryu it sends shivers down my spine. 

I do have absolutely no clue how to pronounce Marisa though, but I doubt the strong "s" most people go with (MariSSa) is correct.

Complaing about people saying Raioo is ageism!!!!!

For us olds its what we grew up with and therefore the only correct way to say it.

7 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Complaing about people saying Raioo is ageism!!!!!

For us olds its what we grew up with and therefore the only correct way to say it.

Nah man. We knew the correct pronunciation since the early 90s since they were used in movies.

I still hear people mispronounce Ryu, Sagat, Sakura, Karin, Urien, Abel, Bison (I've heard Bee-sun and Bi-zon), etc. And now we have Manon to add to the roster.

11 hours ago, The Slick Tony said:

Moveset looks awesome, i like when you see Bosses that give the impression not only you will lose the fight, but you will probably have difficult time even landing a finger on them lol

10 hours ago, Vhozite said:

JP looks corny af compared to every other villain. Dusty ass could even hold Gill’s jock strap let alone Bison. Kirklands James Bond villian.

My only problem with his design so far is i'm not sold at all in his color scheme, orange feels to fucking bright but more than that white parts blend too uch with hair/beard

Curious to see alt colors, surely with 9 other options there will be something less flamboyant lol

Btw his alt seems way more serious/sober

Street Fighter 6 - Pre-Order Trailer (Dee Jay, Manon, Marisa, & JP  confirmed) News - Capcom | ResetEra

Now that JP is officially announced, what if any connection do you suppose  he has with Q, and G? : r/StreetFighter