Stage Select

Street Fighter 6 Lounge: The FGC has a crack problem.

6 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

Stage presenters. What if Capcom announce Mimi/Manon there? Event is in France, and she's french. Makes sense.  

Good catch, my French is a little rusty but it says something about a unique presentation taking place in addition to the game stations.

3 hours ago, delete_me said:

22 base roster just sounds too good to be true.

Naw we're getting 22 base roster. Biggest complaint casuals had was a small launch roster. If they're going through the trouble of putting a walking simulator in SF6 no way they're skimping on the launch roster. The bitching of Juri being DLC again would be too much bad press for SF6.

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES said:

Biggest complaint casuals had was a small launch roster

I distinctly remember casuals complaining about the lack of an arcade mode and a proper story mode first and foremost. The launch roster was maybe complaint number 3 but hardly the biggest one, at least from my experience.

I see the world tour mode as Capcom's redemption feature, not necessarily a bigger roster. Though with all that said nobody knows how they're going to approach DLC anyway. It doesn't have to be 16 + 6, it could also be 18 + 4 or something. But the more I think about it the less I believe 22 characters will be there day 1. That seems ludicrous when looking at development budgets from this day and age.

19 minutes ago, delete_me said:

I distinctly remember casuals complaining about the lack of an arcade mode and a proper story mode first and foremost. The launch roster was maybe complaint number 3 but hardly the biggest one, at least from my experience.

I see the world tour mode as Capcom's redemption feature, not necessarily a bigger roster. Though with all that said nobody knows how they're going to approach DLC anyway. It doesn't have to be 16 + 6, it could also be 18 + 4 or something. But the more I think about it the less I believe 22 characters will be there day 1. That seems ludicrous when looking at development budgets from this day and age.

I'm keeping the faith. 22 will be there day 1. Let it be know I never doubted Capcom.

Edited by TWINBLADES

There's also the possibility that sf6 is f2p

I could see something like a rotation of free characters, 70 dollars for the whole base roster plus first wave of dlc, 50 for just the base roster, solo characters for 4ish dollars a piece...

It probably is a "normal" release but idk...

I recall some talk about a F2P version of SF6 but i don't see it happening.  

Mostly because Capcom does not need to go with this business model. SF5 was pretty bare bones a good while and they still sold copies based on the name alone " Street Fighter".   If 6 is done properly to draw in both "casuals"  and more hardcore players, people are gonna buy the game regardless and  it's DLC, be it costumes and the sorts.

In short ,if it ain't broke don't fix it. It's gonna be a fully priced game with X number of characters per year and all sorts of cosmetics as well most likely.

6 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I don't want to navigate all the bs of a f2p game.  Just sell me the regular copy and milk me every year for a season pass.  I'm good with that.  

Ah I would be careful, they basically have everything for that already in SFV.

Fight Money, that very slowly accumulates to unlock stuff.

Lootboxes

They also wanted to put in a Premium currency early on.

There is no saying that they wont put any of this into 6, in fact we have no clue if the game will be full price or F2P at this point.

We will see in the future.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
11 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Are we still laughing at Ken's whole life being in ruins?

Canon wise we already passed on debate who is giving to Eliza the D as we speak 

Old Kinu art point at Blanka, wonder if Mel will now learn rolling and electric attacks or refuse to call him dad 

Blanka keeping win at life, Dan stay mad 

5 hours ago, Daemos said:

The only one I had trouble finding is Fei Long.

Not sure who is the guy with sunglasses and the ass between Chun-Li's legs - Could it be him?

he's the one behind Rog's Las Vegas girls 

25 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Whole thing reads like it was done by a person who started with SF5.

Yeah

SFEX and SFEX2 was fun and impressive way back because of the super cancels that was amazing mechanic back then in mid 90s that no other FG in 3d and 2D FG ever had that time. People picked it up not because they just want to play alternate Tekken. lol

Most of the people that played up SFEX3 back then never cared of Ace feature. 

Edited by Shakunetsu
1 hour ago, Sonero said:

Also, if you ever had to ask yourself why Gatekeeping is necessary, have a non-FGC meme about SF:

b40qytj0pg791.jpg

They should nuke reddit.

Of all the things one could potentially miss from 4 they picked the looks?

Really?

8 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I like the clever use of the 6 Roman numeral, but overall style is indeed pretty lame. 

You just made me notice there's even a roman numeral in there. Capcom somehow managed to go from a painfully plain logo that looks like NFT advertisement to something that is simultaneously still plain but also too busy to understand.