Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

6 hours ago, Phantom_Miria said:

Vesper made a video on it.

As a Manon player I see this as a universal buff, 'cause all I'm seeing there is their ass blocking low on the ground and I have two overheads that go into combos and a command grab that reaches from the Moon. 😎

And, here is where things get interesting

Hopefully Capcom releases an emergency patch before Red Bull Kumite this weekend.  If not, the tournament organizers will have to make sure players don't have an SIA button bound.

Also, why are Arslan Ash and Leffen invited for this?  That's like having a Tekken invitational and inviting Daigo and Justin Wong.  

• Sonero changed the title to The SF6 Thread: Blanka won a Major. Brazilians either happy or in shambles.
3 hours ago, Sonero said:

How you guys feel about throw loops in this game?

Throws have 5f startup, 30f total on whiff. 

Backdashes are what 23f total.

Backdashing a perfectly timed throw should still leave you +2.  At worst +0 vs perfect meaty. 

They're annoying but not terrible. Could use three more whiff frames tho. 

Hey y’all - I’ve been chomping at the bit to play this week, but life (especially last night) has been happening annnnnd for the worst. I wish I could get into specifics but the nature of my situation’s fairly personal. What I can say is things are so bad that I’m sure that I’m developing depression. If you  wanna dm me, by all means please. Really could use the support…

15 hours ago, Maravilla said:

So now that you guys have had a couple of weeks with this game how easy or hard is it to counter a drive impact with your own drive impact? Like how many times are you successful out of 10? 

The only time I really have an issue trying to drive impact is when it's done raw in neutral and I'm not anticipating it or when they drive impact my jump-in. I'll need to start mashing it when I land to make sure the hitstop doesn't eat the HP+HK input.

1 hour ago, JustBooming said:

@EvilCanadianI hope you're considering making a BG3 build video for BG beginners, as well as more excellent SF6 content. 

more sf6 content naturally

ive learned over the years i cant make any non FG content though, nobody watches it.

Thats fine though, BG3 is my sickness game, as in im gonna be a sick degraded human and play it for 10 hours straight in the dark every day for like a week. Debase myself and face dice rolls

5 hours ago, ToreyBeans said:

Hey y’all - I’ve been chomping at the bit to play this week, but life (especially last night) has been happening annnnnd for the worst. I wish I could get into specifics but the nature of my situation’s fairly personal. What I can say is things are so bad that I’m sure that I’m developing depression. If you  wanna dm me, by all means please. Really could use the support…

Hope you feel better soon, we all go through stuff in life but there's always a way out even though sometimes it doesn't feel like it, try to stay positive and you'll see you'll get through this, God bless. 

34 minutes ago, elliephil said:

The only time I really have an issue trying to drive impact is when it's done raw in neutral and I'm not anticipating it or when they drive impact my jump-in. I'll need to start mashing it when I land to make sure the hitstop doesn't eat the HP+HK input.

Yea but is it safe to say it's rarely a counter on reaction? What I mean is that it's like a throw where it's more of a read than a reaction? 

58 minutes ago, Maravilla said:

Yea but is it safe to say it's rarely a counter on reaction? What I mean is that it's like a throw where it's more of a read than a reaction? 

Yeah to an extent. It depends on the situation. If I meaty someone and they decide to drive impact on wakeup, it gives me some additional time to react.

The first step to dealing with drive impact is telling yourself that it's always there lolol