Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

The quiz has some kind of branching format i answering the first question differently just for kicks and got a totally different set of questions 

Choosing B for the first question gives me questions much more up my alley even tho naturally I would pick A, which leads me to getting Dhalsim or JP, neither of whom I’d ever play lol.

Picking B for the first one but still answering honestly Deejay or Kimberly (blackfist.jpg)

Edited by Vhozite
14 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

Well yeah i played on a wireless connection from Trinidad so i fully agree with you there, the netcode is nothing but incredible. I did have my share of laggy matches of course but i also had like 80% really really stable ones. So if my garbage setup could play games in Asia....WELL YEAH!!  CAPCOM is doing something really impressive there!!

Damn I didn't know you were sponsored by @TWINBLADES👀

34 minutes ago, Neclord said:

Yoooo Marisa alt outfits. Urien suit and Greek hoplite helmet hair. And double boob window pog.

spacer.png

It's possible even see AKI alt already, vampiresque choice 🧛‍♀️

Edit:

-Guile alt is cool

-Manon as Lady Oscar wannabe (Seth already got it in SFV) is perfect

-VACATION HONDA IS EPIC lol

-Nayshall clothes JP is interesting for story reasons

Side note: lot alts seems to have a version without one layer of clothes compared  to the default look, wonder if is just concept phase for the artworks or if we will get the chance to alter fighters look with a code a la SFV

@Daemos doing zoom i don't think old guy next to DamnD is Retsu alt look seems chinese and have white hair, my guess is SF1 Lee

Edited by CESTUS III
3 minutes ago, Daemos said:

I thought it was Retsu or the original Jamie concept which probably would've resembled old man Lee. Would've preferred Old Drunk Man Lee, hope we see him.

Tbh i can see Lee being Jamie's Master

Lee is Yun and Yang's uncle and Jamie idolize them

Plus Lee was listed as Drunken Fist user in SFV (was Bajiquan in SF1), so good chance he's the one who teached Jamie

I think on general we have good chance of see good amount of SF1ers

Retsu confirmed

Lee possible (with Jamie style)

Eagle likely (Ken working in his company)

Guess they may gift us some more cameos... personally would like to see how they can update Joe's design

18 hours ago, Counterstrike said:

Damn bro why you gotta do me like that?? LOL!! 

Well yeah i played on a wireless connection from Trinidad so i fully agree with you there, the netcode is nothing but incredible. I did have my share of laggy matches of course but i also had like 80% really really stable ones. So if my garbage setup could play games in Asia....WELL YEAH!!  CAPCOM is doing something really impressive there!!

It was my first SF6 BETA experience, so i was finally able to play the cast and i got a good 16 hours in over this weekend!! I can't complain about that and i had a lot of fun!!  Played with mostly Jamie because i like his style  but come release date i'll focus on muh boy Deejay! 

Hmmmmm do you play SFV? 

5 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Idk what Smugs listening to but it keeps calling HK "high kick" and I am triggered 🤬

EDIT almost as much as a French character getting a costume based on her country being an 18th century naval power and somebody saying it's based on their childhood cartoon 😖

Edited by Pair of Rooks
10 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I gotta give it up to these guys. They look like they legit love street fighter. Everything about it feels like its them wanting to bring something they love in a new light.

Well to be honest, Ono loved Street Fighter as well. We’ve been very fortunate these last 3 games that the person(s) in charge at Capcom are also fans of the series and its characters. Like they see and understand the character’s intimately in a way that only die-hards can really relate.

The journey from 4 to 6 has been long but this is shaping up to a new peak for the series 35+ years in!

19 minutes ago, Daemos said:

Well to be honest, Ono loved Street Fighter as well. We’ve been very fortunate these last 3 games that the person(s) in charge at Capcom are also fans of the series and its characters. Like they see and understand the character’s intimately in a way that only die-hards can really relate.

yeah, and the things is the user feedback, fads and trends that time were different that time. So this ideas weren't something talk about for street fighter even it was with MK for a long time. 

If people were talking about something like this SF6 worldtour back in the day during SF5 1st trailer, that guy would probably frowned upon and be dismissed then told that it's a waste of development resources and online PVP is the must.

Another things is there is a new current trend in gaming now that everyone is trying to evolved a GTA and Sandbox experienced. Like Fornite from another PUBG, is now evolving into a a GTA open world roaming is becoming the new popular thing again. So its the perfect time to test that kind of experienced for SF6.

From what I remember the current heads now are from Monster Hunter. which is another successful open world and obviously became inspiration of SF6 world touralong tge likes of GTA.

4 hours ago, TWINBLADES said:

Hmmmmm do you play SFV? 

Used to but i'm a filthy casual at best. I never invested any real time into it and i quickly lost interest since  i couldn't play games online with my scrubby internet. I used to main Zangief and i had a basic pocket Cammy.  Dabbled with FANG in the early days because i always like to pick the low tier weirdoes no one likes to play. Makes me feel more original that way. 

SF6 will be the first time in years i've updated my system and invested any money into a fighting game since I'm that biased. I'm mainly going to play World Tour because i enjoy creating my own Street Fighters. I have over 60 hours on the DEMO because of that option alone. 

I know it’s kind of cringe to be hype for dlc when the game hasn’t released but I can’t stop from imagining some characters in this system. But after experiencing the drive system I can’t wait to see makoto or Dudley. *fingers crossed

On top of the game and netcode feeling good you can see the amount of effort going into making a good product and nods to the sf legacy in this thing. I hope they sell well they deserve it.

Edited by Illwill88
5 hours ago, Shahenzan said:

stuff like this is exactly what I did not want to see from parries lol

Back when CVS2 was out, I accidentally just-defended into a sonic hurricane. I was surprised. Charged down-back, walked forward then immediately blocked an attach (which caused the JD), then attempted a throw but that launched the sonic hurricane instead lol.

10 minutes ago, -PVL93- said:

Friendly reminder the devs still haven't said if she's underage or not 

There's a discussion about it right now in the story thread, but apparently if she is Hawk's daughter like one concept art suggests then she is most definitely underage by a lot.

I don't think Capcom would go this low for the stupid loli junkies.

32 minutes ago, Daemos said:

There's a discussion about it right now in the story thread, but apparently if she is Hawk's daughter like one concept art suggests then she is most definitely underage by a lot.

I don't think Capcom would go this low for the stupid loli junkies.

T. Hawk is the third oldest character of the originals, only a few years younger than dhalsim, who himself had a 8-10~ year old kid in alpha.

plenty of time for a grown kid