Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Mena Won Evo Japan!

Getting knowledge checked by Kimberly players who DEFINITELY didn't grind the crack beta for 5 months lolol. I'm getting used to the full screen 17 frame low mixed up with 22(?) frame overhead, EX spray paint teleport (anti airing it without whiffing a button takes patience), and the little hop thing she does after f+HK.

I've seen some dirty sequences on Twitter like this one.

7 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

I'm having enough fun at the moment that I don't care too much about the animations. 

Oh yeah for sure. If nothing else it feels SO GOOD to be back on SF. Genuinely feels like coming home. I can’t imagine how good it’ll be when I can play the rest of the characters.

Tried to play around with Drive Rush a bit, it's thankfully not as complicated as expected. I used a very basic, non-optimal route with Chun to get the hang of the timing (st.MP, cr.MP -> Drive Rush -> st.MP, cr.MP) and I can actually pull it off more or less consistently in a match now. I'll never be able to use it off a single hit confirm, but it also won't take me years to learn like FADC did back in the day. It's probably best used in a scenario where you can get the KO anyway because of the massive meter cost.

I'd also like to point out how refreshing it feels to be able to use all your buttons in neutral without the risk of your opponent getting a random crush counter and comboing you into the corner with 35% damage to boot. 

4 hours ago, Volt said:

Posting from work real quick to let y'all know the Discord crew is going to throw hands around 6:30 ET today.

If y'all need an invite, here it is, we gonna hop on voice chat because half of the fun is talking shit. 🤣

https://discord.gg/5Hrr74c

Hope to see y'all there so I can fold your sorry asses in half!

Please keep in mind this isn't the official Megashock Discord.  The official one is the one linked at the top of the page.

I'm gonna make a very bold prediction. That sf6 will score at least in the low 90s in metacritic. Around 92-95. The gameplay is just sublime. 

I'm a 16er and a sf5 fanboy but SF6's gameplay just blows sf5's out the water. 

Here's hoping that gaming journalists will give the game a proper review instead of "Why are there no 50 characters on launch therefore 2 out of 10" 

1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

SF6 scrubquotes looking good

I can't believe Capcom really conceded to the gay agenda when making SF6. 😔

They better not have some scene in the game with Cammy and Juri kissing passionately as well, because that would make me really angry!

You hear me Capcom? If you ever do something like that I would get really angry and furious!

😈

1 hour ago, Daemos said:

What BLM woke shit? Eternity? These guys have never seen a femme guy before? 

We should put Grace Jones in the game as well to balance things out, I say.

35 minutes ago, Phantom_Miria said:

They better not have some scene in the game with Cammy and Juri kissing passionately as well, because that would make me really angry!

You hear me Capcom? If you ever do something like that I would get really angry and furious!

Yeah, I'm gonna place and cancel my preorder just to send a message to never put passionate lesbo sex between a schizo Barefoot Korean and a bootiful British cat lover, we can't allow these companies to further taint the genre instead of focusing on Ryu's sweaty muscles after a good fight 

Goddamn Sony, you can’t use any ps4 pad or fight stick on the ps5 version of the game. Okay I’ll just download the ps4 version nope it doesn’t show up anywhere on the psn store or the app if your account is linked to a ps5. 

If the ds5 didn’t feel like complete shit for fighting games I wouldn’t care.

EDIT: nvm my ps4 fight stick works but not the pad oh well I’ll take it

Edited by Illwill88
2 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

Goddamn Sony, you can’t use any ps4 pad or fight stick on the ps5 version of the game. Okay I’ll just download the ps4 version nope it doesn’t show up anywhere on the psn store or the app if your account is linked to a ps5. 

If the ds5 didn’t feel like complete shit for fighting games I wouldn’t care.

I can't speak for the Beta, but I could use my Qanba Obsidian on the PS5 demo version