Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

34 minutes ago, elliephil said:

Juri up there for annoying fast characters in this game. Dee Jay and Kimberly there too 😆 

22 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

Bruh Juri moves at the speed of light - it's insane how fast she is.  Remember when she was a zoner in SF4 lol

I try to dash with Cammy, she does the most limpest hop forward with 80 frames of recovery on it. Juri does a regular dash and hits me with the #1 Burger, she does it with fireball back up and its all Royale with Cheese up in my grill.

Then she has a st.mp that's +2 on block, both her medium and heavy dps have 5 frames of start up and she can still special cancel both st.mk and cr.mk?

Somebody at Capcom absolutely loves her hentai. Ain't no way. 😭

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I try to dash with Cammy, she does the most limpest hop forward with 80 frames of recovery on it. Juri does a regular dash and hits me with the #1 Burger, she does it with fireball back up and its all Royale with Cheese up in my grill.

I don't really see the strength in Cammy that others do yet. She still does Cammy things but in like 10 touches instead of 4 or 5.

5 minutes ago, HeavensCloud said:

There's scheduled maintenance in a few hours might be because of that.  I'm also getting kicked/errors trying to connect.  

I saw the "emergency maintenance" news thing when I logged in. My friends and I were playing a late night lobby and everything started shitting the bed that we had to switch to battle hub.

6 hours ago, Sonero said:

Juri fireball into Drive Rush might be one of the top 5 scrubbiest moves in this game.

Why is it like this? 😂

Uncle Iroh mode ON:

Why did you let her store that fireball to begin with? 

6 hours ago, HeavensCloud said:

Bruh Juri moves at the speed of light - it's insane how fast she is.  Remember when she was a zoner in SF4 lol

Her forward dash in 4 was amazing too. It could low profile stuff.  In fse it was nuts.

It's her backdash that's always been ass. 

If she's overtuned in 6 ok but those aren't the reasons.  

Like, why's it so much easier for Juri to grab stores but not for Jamie to get drinks. She's -4 without the kara movement and worse with.

Rashid is on the way y'all. I opened up the game after the update and the News and Fighting Pass (that I'm definitely not getting :/)  info shows Rashid's official artwork is shown along with stickers and SFV music for Laura and Necalli. I'm guessing it'll be a few more days at least before we catch Blender Man. 

2 hours ago, Maravilla said:

Anyone have sf6 on ps4? How does it play? I mean is it too laggy etc? The demo seems fine but not sure about the actual game. 

It runs fine, I didn't notice any difference with the PS5 version in lag or frame dips or whatever. As Hawkingbird said, WT is locked at 30FPS and it's pretty loud on startup, but it calms down a bit when you play the game.

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

Second link is for @Daemos👀

Edit: Can't sleep. Shouldn't have been hard headed earlier. Hand hurts, don't care, I was playing some SF6 today dammit 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem

So I was watching a vesper arcade tip video on drive rush, and you know how everyone thought the drive rush shortcut was awesome (instead of holding parry then forward forward you just press f,f+parry) well he mentions that it's better to just do the regular cancel as it's way more consistent and he's right, no wonder I thought doing the shortcut felt not that fluid. He mentions that he believes even pros dropped the idea of doing the shortcut in real matches. Do you guys use shortcut or agree with him?

I'm no pro, but the shortcut is really straight forward, and I seem to drop it quite a lot. But I figured it was more optimal than a raw rush out of parry, maybe I'm wrong but it just feels like that takes longer and is easier to see coming because of the additional animations.