Stage Select

The SF6 Thread: Akuma Incoming!

My youth was entirely with arcade stick because console were expensive here that most of them are for rentals and rpgs if i want to play with them when i was in secondary school,

while arcade was cheap and almost everywhere like every corner of the street there is a garage arcade that has 2-3 cabs of either mahvel and kof titles.

i did play a bit pads back then when going to a classmate house but with saturn and genesis that with 6button pads.

Yet in early 2ks I find it easier on keyboard play with because i was introduced to mame emulators and mugen.

I only adopted and became comfortable to pad when i had handheld experience with 16bit emulators in my Ngage QD. that emulates genesis fighting games, but still until now my muscle memory isn't used to pressing shoulder buttons, i had difficulties playing with any standard playstation pads unless they are 6 buttons layout

I own capcom cps soldier and cps stick for snes when i joined retro collectors tournament in 2015-2017

Like they a usability principle regardless the tradition. Convenience is KING, So likely sooner or later in SF8 input and game controllers for fg standard is about to change.

From Reddit: Nakayama-san explains the difference between how players are able to get to Master in 5 and 6:

In "V", you needed a win rate of around 70% to reach Master or higher, but in "VI", you can reach it with around 50% if you play a lot of matches. There is a difference in nuance in the same high rank, and some of the traditional fans would like to see the title of Master or higher.

With SF5, definitely got to a 50% win rate and struggled my way to Diamond. So then... Master is the new Diamond?? New ranks incoming?? 

https://www.inside-games.jp/article/2023/07/21/147316.html

Today's Ryu's birthday! I'mma have a few online casual matches with him today.

In other news, I got every master in World Tour to full strike exp and bonding exp. I'm almost done with the sub quests and after I complete them I'll finish everything in arcade and THEN!

Combo training, and eventually ranked. Excited to get on the road to Master! 

23 hours ago, Sonero said:

Capcom staff members of the Street Fighter 6 team had to have known this was going to happen. 

What the staff members were likely banking on as a counteraction is for a low/high intermediate player to start implementing the defensive mechanics cleverly, yet under these circumstances, it * might * be easier said than done. 

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

What the staff members were likely banking on as a counteraction is for a low/high intermediate player to start implementing the defensive mechanics cleverly, yet under these circumstances, it * might * be easier said than done. 

Which is personally why I typically hate specific defensive mechanics. It encourages the devs to make offense extra dumb and turns it into an arms race. 

“Oh this character can generate unblockables or unseeable left/right mix…should we calm that down?”

“Nah it’s fine they can parry bro”.

Edited by Vhozite

50% win rate to get master? That's it? I don't find ranked very fun compared to the custom rooms and battle hub. Getting from Plat to Diamond on ranked felt like an eternity for me. Muh precious points makes people act a type of way on there too, which was a big issue in SFV.

Killer Instinct still did ranked ladders the best. I wish they would use that system in all ranked modes.

17 minutes ago, Jurassic said:

NRS always seem to make a game that has an uneven polish to them. Most characters look great, while a few look incomplete. I remember Wonder Woman in Injustice 2 looked really out of place.

Nah MK11 Sheeva, when you see her face model and you see Sheeva.....it's WTF happened.

Edit:

EcqpGNsWkAMvr_9.jpg

Edited by Darc_Requiem
14 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

How is it 2023 and we still have ppl able to DC to protect their points? Dude disconnected literally as I emptied his life bar? 

Surely there should be some kind of way for the server to check and see the disconnect

I've had people dc after the final ko. In silver. Game still saved him.

And how hard up you gotta be to nope out in silver anyway. Bro you want gold that bad learn a drive rush combo it's 100x easier.

10 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Which is personally why I typically hate specific defensive mechanics. It encourages the devs to make offense extra dumb and turns it into an arms race. 

“Oh this character can generate unblockables or unseeable left/right mix…should we calm that down?”

“Nah it’s fine they can parry bro”.

It's agitating to think about. If they are to fix this, the devs would have to make stuff more minus and/or put a little more whiff recovery frames on the moves that would otherwise be headache-inducing. 

Those are just solutions right on top of my head. Although... I'm not sure what the devs would have in mind. 

Man I’m willing to wait but the more I play this game the more I’m not sure I’m a big fan of the Drive System. I like the idea of it but the implementation feels overbearing the more I play the game. Idk how to properly describe it but when I watch or play the game I’m seeing them play “SF6” instead of playing “Ryu in SF6”. Like they are piloting the Drive Gauge first and whoever their character is secondary. It’s starting to make the game feel repetitive to me because fighting different characters feels too similar. 

Maybe I’m rambling idk I’m curious to see how (if) my perception changes as I go. I’m steadily climbing (just made Plat 5 with little issue)  but the more I play the more it feels like the way I’m playing and using meter is incorrect.

Yeah, I agree, you're spending more time either using the Drive mechanics or preparing yourself to deal with them than actually playing the SF core underneath. I'm not saying that's either good or bad, but subjectively I don't like it too much and I kind of have stopped playing already mostly for this reason (will pick it up again when Aki comes out though).

Edited by delete_me
49 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Also…

image.png

Does anyone know what “Damage” means in this context?

My first thought was that it was the percentage of your Drive Gauge used for offense but you don't Drive Parry or Drive Reversal much, so I'm lost.  I'm sure my Drive Reversal % is even lower. I literally forget about 99% of the time. And don't use it 99% of the time I do remember it.