Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

10 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

No more Guts talk.

FINE😤

I'll talk about KOF'02UM instead cause I picked it up last night. I played this game once like a year ago and remember liking Clark cause he has a dope ass elbow drop thingy. 

And, uh, since it's the SFV thread:

NEW MECHANIC WILL BE A BATTLE ROYAL. THE LAST CHARACTER WILL BE RUFUS, BUT FATTER. and uh.... oh!

WHO SMELLS WORSE, BLANKA OR RYU??

I'd say ryu. I feel like the electricity would kill all the stink germs on blanka and he wouldn't smell all that bad. 

4 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Ryu has official art of him using a laundromat and I’m pretty sure he mediates under waterfalls. Still, I think Ryu would smell worse than Blanka.

The waterfall baths are amazing, and I can account for it having done it in Pakistan, but I believe he washes under contaminated and oil-spilled ponds... Blanka is def worse though. Have you seen his chest hair? And his arm hair? I'm a hairy guy, but not THAT hairy.

Ryu ain't nakey under the waterfall? The man would be mister mildew. The only way the waterfall shower would count is if he did it in the buff and dried off before he put his clothes back on. 

Ryu nasty

Edit: Blanka wouldn't smell funky cause the electricity would effectively sterilize him. But I feel like all the hair would be singed when he did that, so he'd smell like burnt hair all the time. Not sure if that's better or worse. And since he's the personification of a fart cloud, I bet that dude could clear a room when he rips ass 

Edited by KingTubb
10 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Ryu ain't nakey under the waterfall? The man would be mister mildew. The only way the waterfall shower would count is if he did it in the buff and dried off before he put his clothes back on. 

Ryu nasty

Edit: Blanka wouldn't smell funky cause the electricity would effectively sterilize him. But I feel like all the hair would be singed when he did that, so he'd smell like burnt hair all the time. Not sure if that's better or worse. And since he's the personification of a fart cloud, I bet that dude could clear a room when he rips ass 

Disproving your own point I see. I'm proud of your philosophical and intellectual growth here. Of course Blanka is worse! Dude is also probably radioactive, so electricity as a sterilizer probably has no effect. Burnt hair too! Yuck.

Just now, BornWinner said:

I renege my statement and say Blanka smells worse.

I'll add to this it's canon that Ryu can in fact grow pretty thick facial hair, which means that he can most likely grow body hair, which means the man meticulously manscapes cause there isn't any armpit hair on Ryu. 

So does Ryu actually smell GOOD??? 

Just now, KingTubb said:

I'll add to this it's canon that Ryu can in fact grow pretty thick facial hair, which means that he can most likely grow body hair, which means the man meticulously manscapes cause there isn't any armpit hair on Ryu. 

So does Ryu actually smell GOOD??? 

Ryu smells GODLIKE. Ever seen any body hair on Gouken, Gouki or Ken? Ansatsuken promotes cleanliness!

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Akuma smelt like brimstone

My grandfather owned and worked at a foundry. My dad worked there, and then I worked there as well. In my opinion, there is almost no feeling greater than riding a motorbike back home in the evening with black hands, burnt arms and bulging muscles while you all smell like charcoal, stone and metal (even though metals don't have odors, it's actually your oils!). I really loved that place, and I loved wiping down the motorcycles after showering.

Ok, Best smelling SF characters (probably, and in no particular order)

Karin 

Ken

Urien 

Bison 

Dudley

Yang

Cody (mayor version)

Honda 

Rose 

Vega

Eagle

Characters that Probably smell bad:

Blanka

R. Mika

Birdie

Necro

SFV Sagat
Sodom 

Makoto

I feel like there's a lot of neutral smelling/ neither good or bad smelling characters in SF. Like all the military people or cops

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Karin 

Ken

Urien 

Bison 

Dudley

Yang

Cody (mayor version)

Honda 

Rose 

Vega

Eagle

Blanka

R. Mika

Birdie

Necro

SFV Sagat
Sodom 

Makoto

I feel like there's a lot of neutral smelling/ neither good or bad smelling characters in SF. Like all the military people or cops

Gouken probably smells like sandalwood...

20 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Karin 

Ken

Urien 

Bison 

Dudley

Yang

Cody (mayor version)

Honda 

Rose 

Vega

Eagle

Blanka

R. Mika

Birdie

Necro

SFV Sagat
Sodom 

Makoto

More Good:

* Gill: no way he doesn’t smell like a Bath and Bodyworks model. He should at least be higher than Urien.

* Chun-Li: definitely uses perfume 

* Bison: Definitely cares about his hygiene. Always dresses sharp and his teeth are immaculate

More Bad:

* Abigail probably smells like sweat, motor oil, and gasoline.

* Guile: iirc he is a smoker

* Nash: Half of his body is covered in green flesh stapled to the rest of his body in the most grotesque way possible. He also was dead. Draw your own conclusions

* Necalli: Doesn’t know what a bathroom is

* FANG: may not necessarily smell bad, but smelling his poisonous fumes is probably deadly so he gets honorable mention here

More neutral:

* Seth: Robot so probably sterile or metallic

* Kage: more brimstone

Edited by Vhozite
15 hours ago, misterBee said:

You might argue guts can function as a  comeback mechanic, but in fast-paced anime games guts isn't going to save you most of the time anyway. 

WHAAAAT? The amount of comebacks that I've seen in games like GG where it looks bleak for the one getting the beat down is in the numerous. Watching some Johnny player just wailing on a Pot player only for that same Pot player to finally get in and just liquidate Jonny's life bar is extremely butt clenching and that literally only happens because the Pot isn't getting wiped off the face of the earth. How could you possibly say it's a scrub mechanic??? Like am I missing something massive here? I'm not big brain when it comes to fighting game theory but I wouldn't reduce guts to a scrub mechanic.

3 minutes ago, TWINBLADES_SRK said:

Watching some Johnny player just wailing on a Pot player only for that same Pot player to finally get in and just liquidate Jonny's life

But Pot's a grappler, that's how grapplers do. I remember hearing somewhere that if you're playing a grappler, you have to look at your health as expendable and know you're going to lose most of it to get in. 

41 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

But Pot's a grappler, that's how grapplers do. I remember hearing somewhere that if you're playing a grappler, you have to look at your health as expendable and know you're going to lose most of it to get in. 

Besides it ain't much different than Zangief getting in on Dhalsime and then kills him in one sequenze.

1 hour ago, KingTubb said:

This isn’t even exclusive to Grapplers it applies to everyone. Health is a resource just like super meter or time, and “spending” it can get you different things. In fact I’d almost go as far as to say the amount of HP you have doesn’t really matter until you are in danger of being killed. Obviously that isn’t 100% true but my point is that as long as you have at least a pixel left you’re theoretically still alive and you don’t fully pay what you’re spending until you die. 

This is why I say balance via hp is a bad idea.  Low HP characters are usually better than their beefier counterparts but they theoretically die faster. But because they have better tools to work with that disadvantage doesn’t always come into play. 

Edited by Vhozite