Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

I guess this is what we can expect from the open beta. Glad to hear all of them have their voices in now.

Holy crap, Nagoriyuki’s berserker bar builds up fast. That first combo in the second round builds it up to two bars. 

Axl getting Za Warudo makes me super happy. Nice of them to finally give him a move that references his time powers. If it doesn’t have time limit, that can be a scary option for Axl to have.

It looks like Ky’s install doesn’t have a time limit. Could be the trade off for only being able to activate it on low health.

Sol’s new super is pretty cool but it uses the dragon install super we saw in one of the trailers. Wonder if this means he won’t have an install this time.

1 minute ago, Darc_Requiem said:

GGs man. I had no idea what your character can do. It was good learning experience.

Yoshitora is pretty weird if you never fought him before. The move where he hops forward with his back turned guards all attacks, he has a command grab, and his far heavy slash, while super punishable when blocked and can be deflected, hits five times.

He also unlocks a special move when you hit with the rest of his specials. It was that giant wave I killed you with in that second game. If you still have it, you could use rage explosion into issen to punish it.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:20 PM, Darc_Requiem said:

HiFight has an interesting video up. Wonder how man of these guess he'll get right.

Hope they don't nerf Poison.  She's a cool character that is unique and adds a nice flavour to the usual stuff we see.  Her overhead being -4 doesn't bother me - she has to spend meter and it is still punishable.  

Seth and Rashid could definitely use a few nerfs and Bison as well for just be annoying as hell to fight.  Other than that I hope they keep the nerfs to a minimum and focusing on buffing for the low and mid tiers. 

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Other than that I hope they keep the nerfs to a minimum and focusing on buffing for the low and mid tiers. 

I feel everyone has had this same sentiment since 2016. Although last season came pretty close to slimming down the lines between tiers, imo. Sakura won Evo Japan. I'll always remember

edit-that new Strive footage is pretty swanky too. Does the game look overall brighter or more vibrant to anyone else? I feel the earlier builds had some more subdued colors to it, gave the game a more 'washed out' aesthetic. 

The old look was cool but I found the characters blended into the background more. New style seems closer to Xrd in vibrancy 

Edited by Jocelot
8 hours ago, Vhozite said:

This sentence here is exactly why building in a fuckton of anti-fb tools is shit game design. It makes it so fireball characters are non-functional unless they are over tuned like Guile or Akuma. It breeds lopsided matchups. 

It’s much better to just make fireballs more tame, but bad players will still get ducked by those I guess.

I partially agree with you.

I don't think that is bad design per se.

But it is a problem when the characters design doesn't take into account the mechanics of the game.

The major problem is that SFV has new mechanics that the legacy characters and their designs were not made for unless they have the bennefit of having a VTrigger that allows them circumvent them.

Other games have similar mechanics and have strong zoners and zoning game, but those games also have the characters build around the systems in place.

Something that SFV doesn't really do.

Then we have that the game is working as intended, where the gameplay is more agressive, and the players have more ways around stuff that gave bad players troubles on past games.

1 hour ago, HeavensCloud said:

Seth and Rashid could definitely use a few nerfs and Bison as well for just be annoying as hell to fight.  Other than that I hope they keep the nerfs to a minimum and focusing on buffing for the low and mid tiers. 

Not to rain on your parade, but when has capcom do the sensible thing with their balance changes 🤣

I expect them to do the usual, nerf a lot of chars even if they didn't deserve it, make random buffs that don't really address the problem, or worse, buff characters that didn't need a buff and basically piss all over the place.

I would say that is more healthy to expect nothing, so any positives are a win.

1 minute ago, Volt said:

There's also a much worse trade-off.

It doesn't play Holy Orders III when you activate it. Absolutely terrible super, probably doesn't even make DP do a gorillion damage.

Ky's specialty has always been his Projectile.

So if anything should be doing gorillions damage is Stun Edge.

Side note, i have been so out of the loop of Shitrive that i didn't even know that Ky now had an Install 🤣

Not that i plan to see any footage of that Glamorous Garbage.

1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

Ky's specialty has always been his Projectile.

So if anything should be doing gorillions damage is Stun Edge.

Side note, i have been so out of the loop of Shitrive that i didn't even know that Ky now had an Install 🤣

Not that i plan to see any footage of that Glamorous Garbage.

It legit looked improved in a lot of ways tbh. 

On the other hand, Zato is going to be disgusting again.

Real talk, give the footage a chance. I got my own opinions about it, but I wanna see what you have to say about it first.

But yeah, didn't know about Ky's DI either. 🤣

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

But yeah, didn't know about Ky's DI either. 🤣

There was an image of Ky looking like he does in DI back in the October Famitsu.

image0.jpg

However this is the first time we see the install in gameplay.

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

@Volt

Instead of asking nonsense download  antasy Strike on your potato pc, so we can play it via crossplay 🤣

I wish I could, but IRL's been hectic. Don't even have my PC with me rn.

1 minute ago, Jocelot said:

Probably the best since Koichi's special move in JJBA Allstar Battle, which was literally called "S.H.I.T"

That's actually one of his Stand's catchphrases. 🤣

You might've heard about this one too.

2 minutes ago, Volt said:

That's actually one of his Stand's catchphrases. 🤣

You might've heard about this one too.

Lol jeah it's just that in Allstar Battle whenever you preform a special move in the game, the move's name appears on screen above your meter to, I guess, show how dynamic and bombastic the source material can be. I just remember laughing seeing the words "S.H.I.T" appearing on my screen repeatedly for that bit of time when I was playing a lot of Koichi.

20 hours ago, Vhozite said:

This sentence here is exactly why building in a fuckton of anti-fb tools is shit game design. It makes it so fireball characters are non-functional unless they are over tuned like Guile or Akuma. It breeds lopsided matchups. 

It’s much better to just make fireballs more tame, but bad players will still get ducked by those I guess.

I remember MVCi having projectile deflect non-sense lol

Played some SC6 and VF5 with @M A R T I A Nlast night and I'm rusty as hell lol. I haven't been playing FGs much at all lately cause I've been telling myself to just chill until strive drops than go hard on that front. 

But maaaaaan, my old bad habbits showed up in a big way. I was constantly looking for "good shit" instead of just using something I had already found that works. I zoomed out and saw it a couple times in SC, but then would switch characters and start it all over again🤣

Also, I really need this Virtua Fighter Esports thing to be something tangible. If it's a rerelease of VF5FS with a HD coat of paint and better netcode, I'd be happy.

VF is the way I want a 3D fighter to be.. Tekken is cool, but VF is more my speed. 

Oh shit... This is the SFV thread... uh... CHUN-LI'S THIGHS, CAMMY'S BUTT, MIKA'S BOOBIES, DAN'S PONY TAIL!

That should count as a quality SFV post😎 

You miss the Problem.

The anti-FB tools are not the problem, it is the fireballs themself and to a larger extend the normals that accompany them.

Guile works, his fireball is ass compared to older SF, but it can still be used to control space, BUT, he would not be able to effectively control any space if his normals would be ass, what they are not. He still gets pushed more into the direction of rushing the opponent down duo to how the whole game is build, but eh can zone effective.

Look at Ryu. What has Ryu to control space? Literally nothing, his fireball is ass and his normals are ass, you can work with a bad or medicore fireball if you have good normals, case in point with Chun. Kikokens are fairly average, but Chun can still use them effectively cause she has good normals to create and control space, while her projectile supports her in doing so.

Another way you can make bad fireballs work is, if they're on a mobile character. If you have a fast character than can replace themself a lot he can space the counters out and use his projectile effectively. Now no one in SFV would come to my mind who would be like that, but thats another way to make Zoner work with bad projectiles.

What about some anime? I could talk all day about Murakumos zipping across the stage and throwing stuff at you in games where you can Instant Airdash for incredible gap closing or shot yourself across the stage with anti-projectile moves or with huge hitboxes.

tlrd, the anti-FB aren't the problem, it's the projectiles and to a larger extend the ass normals that accompany them.

Even if you nerf/remove all the anti-fb tools in the game, the projectiles will stay bad, because their fundamental problems have not been fixed.

21 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

@M A R T I A N

Also, I really need this Virtua Fighter Esports thing to be something tangible. If it's a rerelease of VF5FS with a HD coat of paint and better netcode, I'd be happy.

VF is the way I want a 3D fighter to be.. Tekken is cool, but VF is more my speed. 

Yeah man, I'm down to play Virtua Fighter literally on a dime. I fuckin love Final Showdown. If you ever wanna play it don't be a stranger. 

FS port would be very godlike. I'd love VF6 too, but I feel that's a lot less likely. And honestly, Virtua Fighter 5 is already such a complete and balanced game that it still stands on its own as a product. Give it rollback netcode, revert the graphical style to vanilla VF5, and I will give Sega any amount of money to play that game natively on my PS5/PC. 

Playing that game through emulation really gives you an idea of what could be..   😭

2 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

And honestly, Virtua Fighter 5 is already such a complete and balanced game that it still stands on its own as a product

And has already been ported to PS4/5 via Yakuza, so the game part is already done. The real work would be getting serviceable netcode. Boom. 

Honestly, I'm thinking they'll put out a legacy collection with netplay. We're coming up on the 30th anniversary for the series, so why not? 

5 minutes ago, Volt said:

You deserve to play Brazilian WiFi Kens. All of them. In succession. Like a deranged kumite

I live in NA and I'm bronze in SFV, all I have to do is boot the game and this is a guarantee, I ain't scurred 

5 minutes ago, M A R T I A N said:

Way too much value bro. Sega would never do it. Not for $60 lmaooo

You can already play 2 and 5FS in Like a Dragon! And both have local multiplayer. So you can have a local experience of both of those games on modern consoles for $60.

I mean, shit, you can get Judgement for $20 and get 5FS there with local multiplayer!

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

No hate on the voice actor because he does a good job actually. But i haven't cringed as much in a while.

I'm not hearing that, but it's probably not as bad as Mika's VA making a vid congratulating NuckleDu on his CapCup win. *That*... Was rough to watch.

26 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You can already play 2 and 5FS in Like a Dragon! And both have local multiplayer. So you can have a local experience of both of those games on modern consoles for $60.

I mean, shit, you can get Judgement for $20 and get 5FS there with local multiplayer!

Yeah, it's why I was excited to see the Yakuza collection come to PC honestly lmao. You can play it in 6 as well. 

For the time being, nothing really beats being able to emulate it on PC 😔

Dan does say in the audio recording that he  "needs a runback on that last match" , meaning he lost.

This can mean some of the following :  

- The Dan player was bad

- Dan himself is terrible and underpowered so of course he lost

- the netcode is still bad and Dan lost because rollback

Capcom are communicating with us on the next level and here we are bitching they are ignoring us. !!!