Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MattatsuSorry man, I was just about to post this. This probably won't help your itch. If you want I'll play you. I haven't played SFV in like a month and I've been up 31 hours but I'm game.

It’s funny because i woke up this morning and had this feeling about Ryu like right away (maybe i had a dream? Idk), and then 5 minutes later, i opened twitter and saw that. I took it as a sign, but have been very lazy today to do anything about it. I’ll download SFV again now. I’m not sure if i can play today, but i’ll let you know

8 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Cool. If you want to play something....except SF4. I'm down. I'm literally doing nothing right. Outside of random sets of push ups. If nothing else, I'm gonna get my guns back this year.

Yeah, actually right now would be perfect. Up for Samsho, or maybe ST/3S?

Edited by Mattatsu
3 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@MattatsuDamage isn't too high. That's how Samsho has always been. 

No, I know. It’s still shocking to me. His WFT I think does over 50% by itself. It’s like 60% when I cancel into it.

3S’s Ken low forward xx super is one of my favourite things to do ever in a fighting game, but Hoahmaru’s MS cancels into WFT may just top it

Edited by Mattatsu

41 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

No, I know. It’s still shocking to me. His WFT I think does over 50% by itself. It’s like 60% when I cancel into it.

3S’s Ken low forward xx super is one of my favourite things to do ever in a fighting game, but Hoahmaru’s MS cancels into WFT may just top it

Thats just normal SamSho Damage tho.

A lot of the last and current Era FGs have very low damage in comparison to their previous iterations.

I still get stomach pain from thinking about SFIVs damage scaling and how you basically did no damage after the 4 or 5th Move and how so many Combos started with Jab,Jab,Jab.

The Pain!

Where are the times where you could get 40% of a Jab without spending meter?

Lets pretend like there were much other Options in Super Jab FADC IV.

But there is nothing better than hitting someone in Melty with a CH J.A, since that leads into unscaled full damage, basically giving you 50% off of it.

There are way better ways to handle it than what we've seen in SFIV and V.

Remember in Tekken 7 as one CH dickjab of Geese could literally kill you? That shit looked so stupid.

So, i booted up SFV and started having fun with Cammy, but holy F this game feels so differemt from everything else i’ve been playing lately.

figured i’d boot up an old rookie account just to re-acclimate myself to ranked and got seriously worked by a bronze amd rookie... honestly, i don’t know if i ever played this game this poorly. It’s such a scramble-fest down here and i’m not used to it... i miss the days when i could coast through rookie and bronze lol

edit: i forgot the secret, you have to let them kill themselves

Edited by Mattatsu
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

HiFight has an interesting video up. Wonder how man of these guess he'll get right.

Thats a good list. 

I'll speak on characters that i play

G nerfs : No more ex smash over / ex low rush VT activation. Reduce timer faster on VT1  orb.   

Sagat buffs: faster walk speed,  2bar VT1, DP damage and stun increase. 

16 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

Thats a good list. 

I'll speak on characters that i play

G nerfs : No more ex smash over / ex low rush VT activation. Reduce timer faster on VT1  orb.   

Sagat buffs: faster walk speed,  2bar VT1, DP damage and stun increase. 

Sagat's fireballs need more push back on block. They barely move his opponent back at all.

16 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

HiFight has an interesting video up. Wonder how man of these guess he'll get right.

I enjoyed this vid.

I thought it was funny was how he said they can’t nerf Seth axe kick too hard because it’s his best tool, but then he proceeds to show case like 3 other things that also make Seth amazing lol.  

Also thought his position on Akuma was strange. Akuma has been nerfed multiple times and is still good, which is true. But then he predicts some medium strength nerfs and immediately suggest Akuma will need compensation buffs. Heaven forbid he actually just eat a nerf lol.

Didnt like the (joking?) suggestion of giving some of Guile’s normals to Nash. Guile is indeed better than Nash in every meaningful way, but for some reason people thing the best remedy for this is to mkae Nash even more like him. Nash needs his own niche not to be pigeonholed even further into being a bad version of another character. Their buttons are already fairly similar in a lot of ways but Guile is better because he moves faster. Nash needs tools that are better suited to his shit walkspeed, not imitations of something used on a faster character. 

31 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Guile does well for himself despite that. Sagat could use some of that love. 

This sentence here is exactly why building in a fuckton of anti-fb tools is shit game design. It makes it so fireball characters are non-functional unless they are over tuned like Guile or Akuma. It breeds lopsided matchups. 

It’s much better to just make fireballs more tame, but bad players will still get ducked by those I guess.

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

This sentence here is exactly why building in a fuckton of anti-fb tools is shit game design. It makes it so fireball characters are non-functional unless they are over tuned like Guile or Akuma. It breeds lopsided matchups. 

It’s much better to just make fireballs more tame, but bad players will still get ducked by those I guess.

Not that I don't agree, because I do but you need to ask yourself who was this game designed for in the first place.

This was fully intended.