Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Most don't ask for nerfs because they like to see nerfed characters  ( at least the people on this forum from my knowledge ) , but out  of hope that the game can evolve into something better.

A lot of complaints about SFV is it's meta that's all about pure robbery. Most players don't want to add to that by raising the low tiers to the same dumb level.I would guess they want to move away from it and reduce it. 

If SFV had all / most  characters  that were G levels of v-trigger stupid then truly SFV would not be worth playing at all. Because that won't be all characters are viable and strong tools, that would just be all characters are a shit show when it comes to balancing.

SFV was always about the V-Trigger robbery, the game is build completly around this mechanic, the only way to make characters really strong is to give them bullshit V-Triggers.

This has been the games Meta since at least Season 2 and it already started and leand into that area heavly with the second half of Season 1.

The only thing the nerfs do, is to remove the only few good options left in this game, in order to make it even more stale and one dimensional.

If you want to make the game not about this, you have to stomp the entire game in and build it up from the ground.

At least give the Character strong stuff, but can't do that, if you give characters strong stuff, then V-Triggers will fall off, therefore the only way to handle things is to nerf Tools across the board. 

The game has been completly flawed by design day one, with a purposly fabricated gamestructure, the game is intended to play like this and no amount of nerfs or changes will change that.

The only way to send Capcom the message that you're not ok with this is to drop the game and not support it in any way shape or form.

5 hours ago, Skort said:

I don't get it why they hype Dan so much really. And it's dumb stuff like  "Dan has a taunt WOW " ! .

I mean, we know dudes....we know.

Because there is no hype.

Capcom is trying to force it, by being over excited about him, when in reality, outside some few clowns most of the fgc doesnt care about him.

He is a joke that overstayed his welcome for more than 2 decades by now.

19 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Capcom is trying to force it, by being over excited about him, when in reality, outside some few clowns most of the fgc doesnt care about him.

I think there are a decent amount of casual players who like him, though I can’t imagine there are many of those guys left in year 5 after a botched launch. 

My hope is that his late inclusion in V means we won’t have to see him at all in 6.

Edited by Vhozite
19 hours ago, Vhozite said:

My hope is that his late inclusion in V means we won’t have to see him at all in 6.

To quote  SFV devs " we thought Dan is a good choice because he is friends with Sakura and Blanka" 

Yea, with that logic you can expect him in  SF 6 as well. They be smoking the strong stuff at Capcom HQ.

Let's add Eliza also because she is Ken's wife.

DWBl_DGVQAIKOa-.jpg

Edited by Skort
17 minutes ago, Skort said:

To quote  SFV devs " we thought Dan is a good choice be cause he is friends with Sakura and Blanka" 

Yea, with that logic you can expect him in  SF 6 as well. They be smoking the strong stuff at Capcom HQ.

Let's add Eliza also because she is Ken's wife.

DWBl_DGVQAIKOa-.jpg

Why not their daughter? While we're at it, why not add a complicated time travel element? Maybe the child's child comes to fight as well! You know, because she's Ken's granddaughter. Also, let's add Sarah Connor as she has some experience with time travel. So does Marty McFly, so let's add him too. By the way, the Dolorean is a car, just like Lightning McQueen. Add him too. McQueen was gunning for the piston cup for a while. You know what else is a cup? The thing they used in 2 Girls 1 Cup. Add the girls. You know who else is female? Sakura, who is friends with Blanka. Guess who is friends with them? Dan.

Dan is in SF6.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I think there are a decent amount of casual players who like him, though I can’t imagine there are many of those guys left in year 5 after a botched launch. 

I don't doubt that some people like him.

But i am sure that those who do are neither hyped, or interested on getting him as a DLC char even more this late on the game.

And specially not on the level that Capcom is trying to hype him out, like if he was some fan favorite char that everyone has been asking non stop since day juan up to today.

Like i said, he is a joke that overstayed his welcome.

He usually ends being a waste of space because he is not allowed to evlove from the joke.

Those are fine points MrBae but I literally never hear any talk between anime heads about liking or not genres, except for the tentaclesex stuff.  It's always "I like anime" or "I don't like anime", which says to me any differences in genre are far eclipsed by the difference of being anime instead of non-anime. 

In what way has VHD1 aged poorly?  Just production values?  I'd still put it head and shoulders above anything with the "oh noes!" kind of characters. Dialogue, character development, plot points, supporting characters with their own lives, all seems fine. 

7 hours ago, Hecatom said:

Yeah those guys interested with him is either curios with the new mechanic not directly to dan or just want dan to be there but never really interested on playing him continuosly over other upcoming dlc.

His not a funny joke nor an effective handicap character to teach people.

12 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

What would have been more ballsy is if SFV actually put a AOF or a KOF character. 

Like Ryo or Kyo for example. 

Something like that would have actually made some people do a double-take. 

The reason why I'd probably avoid that scenario is because Capcom will likely butcher or neuter their move sets somehow. 

B. Jenet definitely fits Capcom's DLC portfolio and would have brought that character back into the mainstream public eye, just like with Akira.

22 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I want them to release the patch notes before this drops.

Lol they’ll drop patch notes with the release. Maybe an hour before if we are lucky.

It’s annoying because patch notes is all I want. I’d assume releasing a text document and letting players read would be easier than organizing an entire stream but here we are. 

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I remember they released no footage until the day he dropped. 

Something planned way in advance by the Capcom marketing experts as they knew from the start before anyone else that Alex was about to get trailers every day for several years via twitter vids.

Official trailer was not needed, the spirit of the fgc is within the character itself.

Y'all are just haters.

I am looking forward to doing nothing when Dan drops. It will be a good nap.

I am also looking forward to Oro. Many people who have never played SF3 will complain about how he doesn't play like he used to. I will also complain that there is no "used to" for them to begin with.

As for Rose, I look forward to seeing her reception similar to Kage's. Remember how people thought he was good until he wasn't? But wait, Daigo is playing him again...

New Battle Mechanic is certainly going to be a better loading screen. Now the loading time is 5 seconds, but it's like old cinema reels. They'll flash the DLC for 1 frame like they used to for popcorn, and then you'll buy it. Silly SFV players...

Do y'all think that a fighting game needs to have locals to be successful?

Or at least in person majors? 

I've seen the argument that GBFV crashed so hard in the USA because it dropped weeks before COVID shut the country down. 

But it also has butt netcode. Would of it of faired better if the netcode was good? OR is it doomed no matter what without in person events, especially ones like CB, CEO, EVO etc...