Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

9 hours ago, misterBee said:

Worst anime of all time.

I'm going to watch this episode. 

EDIT: I watched the episode. I was disappointed that there wasn't a lot of game footage. I wanted to harshly criticize how terrible they were. Aya kept switching characters when she was on winner's side. That's some bullshit. Playing a friendly game of SFV to determine who gets the D is ok by me. 

Edited by Hawkingbird
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

I clicked the link and good god I still cannot stand how insipid and slow anime shows are.  The dialogue is straight up awful, and the simplistic art is cookie-cutter. 

I assume there are sub-genres within anime?  Because that link is a prime example of the stupid saturday morning cartoon nonsense which is everywhere these days.  

Anyone ever watched Vampire Hunter D?   (Either of them.)  I think it's the only one I've actually liked. 

14 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I clicked the link and good god I still cannot stand how insipid and slow anime shows are.  The dialogue is straight up awful, and the simplistic art is cookie-cutter. 

I assume there are sub-genres within anime?  Because that link is a prime example of the stupid saturday morning cartoon nonsense which is everywhere these days.  

Anyone ever watched Vampire Hunter D?   (Either of them.)  I think it's the only one I've actually liked.

Of course there are sub-genres.  This is a slice of life anime.  It's supposed to be slow, and animation quality isn't really the point.

Anime varies just as much in tone and visual style as anything else.  All anime isn't the same just like all movies, music, and games aren't the same.

Saying all anime is insipid and slow/poorly drawn because of stuff like this is like saying all movies are over-dramatic and stupid because you didn't like seeing that one chick flick that one time. 🤣

If you want to take things further, think about how much anime probably exists and compare it to how many live-action films exist.  There is probably a way higher proportion and quantity of horrible movies than there is of horrible anime.

I've seen both Vampire Hunter D adaptations.  The first one has aged very poorly, and the second one is peak 90s art style and tone.  Neither holds a candle to the original novels though. ❤️

If you ever want to give anime a try you could say what kind of things you like and maybe someone could recommend you something cool.

There is an anime for everyone.

Some people like anime, you would never expect them to like.

I still remember as my girl wanted to watch Elfenlied with me, I expected something magical girl esque from the name and then the bodyparts started to fly after 2 minutes, not that this would be uncommon for what passes as magic girl anime today.

5 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I always liked it when Anime would incorporate real games into the shows. The first season of Genshiken used Guilty Gear heavily. Arc Systems was a sponsor on the show IIRC. 

I dont remember if it was a sponsor, but i remember that the author really liked GG, so it used it on the manga and anime.

I remember that one of the main chars was supposedly a top tournament player, so he kept playing #Reload and Isuka.

6 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I assume there are sub-genres within anime?

I can't tell if this is bait or real. 🤣

7 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I assume there are sub-genres within anime? 

My nigga, Anime is just a medium.

The same as Movies, Series, Cartoons, Music, Video Games.

You have a great variety of types of stories on the usual suspects like comedy, science fiction, fantasy, etc and with sub generes on those genres.

You can surely find stuff of your liking.

Boomer, much like any often used insult on the web, has lost it’s original meaning and just became a catch-all term. Wouldn’t be too much thought of somebody throwing it around.

6 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Who's working on this?

I believe it’s Hidden Variable, the same guys that are working on the mobile game. Notice how Lab Zero is not in the credits in the beginning of the trailer.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

I don't get it why they hype Dan so much really. And it's dumb stuff like  "Dan has a taunt WOW " ! .

I mean, we know dudes....we know.

They're miserable and want us to become miserable too.

Any time any FG with a modicum of popularity makes any announcement... Here comes Capcom to spoil the mood.

This new battle mechanic and balance patch better be something worth the wait ( it most likely won't ) because hyping things so much for Dan is so damn hilarious for me.

Even if he will end up being good,it's just gonna be another shoto overshadowed by Akuma. 

7 minutes ago, Skort said:

This new battle mechanic and balance patch better be something worth the wait ( it most likely won't ) because hyping things so much for Dan is so damn hilarious for me.

Even if he will end up being good,it's just gonna be another shoto overshadowed by Akuma. 

I don’t even care if the patch is good tbh I just hate the idea of using tools that might not be there next week. 

Also curious to see what changes. Other than everyone whining about Seth, who will probably get clapped, I have no idea what’s been going on in high level SFV. 

Edit: Also the sooner they drop Dan the sooner I never have to hear about his ass again and we can move on to an actually interesting character.

Edited by Vhozite
4 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Hopefully Akuma gets the Sean treatment next patch. 

The only character I want nerfed into the dirt is G. There are others I don’t like ofc but that character is the crown jewel of the AIDS epidemic 

Akuma would be ok if Capcom would actually try to give the other shotos a useable niche. No “fuckton of counter moves” is not a good niche.

Edited by Vhozite

Yea G can fuck right off. I legit hope i never see that character in a SF ever again. 

Akuma ? History shows that Capcom won't be nerfing him anytime soon,though it's needed. 

Seth ? Adjust the axe kick a bit and make rapid punch have less pushback so Seth is at least within grab range when that thing gets blocked and should be ok. Seth is ok just way too safe to play for what he gets out. 

Kolin VT 2 being 3 bars, Laura VT 1 lasting shorter and few other changes would help the game a lot.

Edited by Skort