Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 hours ago, Illwill88 said:

Glad I'm not the only one, I thought he just blocked the super lol.

Tbh at first i thought Cody blocked it and Akuma super just did so little chip that it didn’t kill lol. 

Monthly reminder that needing to burn your whole super gauge on a chip kill is an AIDS tier design decision. Another game of that is one of two things that will give me huge pause come SF6. Not trying to shill MK11 but one thing I find super refreshing in that game is how dangerous chip is. Literally everything does chip and that shit builds fast.

Edited by Vhozite
15 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

If I had a xbox I definitely would have checked out KI just for the nostalgia and plus I hear it has good netcode. 

I don't really have a hard opinion on the whole chip kill situation. Outside of netcode I can't really think of anything that I super dislike in sf5 it's just a bunch of little annoying things that add up lol.

It's on PC. I'm assuming you don't have that, but it's just a thought in case it slipped your mind.

1 hour ago, Pair of Rooks said:

:squinting:  Satan coins? 

For now it's only 1 coin that I own. It's a super limited edition Night Sentinel coin - polished. I also ordered the same Night Sentinel coin in an antique finish. Also extremely limited at only 500 existing units. The third coin that I ordered is a DOOM 25th Anniversary coin. It's not specified as limited, but there are few in circulation. So fucking excited. The 2 that I ordered have cases, so my polished one will go in the case and the antique finish one I'll carry around.

55 minutes ago, Volt said:

Megashock name

Gotta represent.

It's basically a 100% tuition scholarship. It's a grueling competition, and just getting invited is hard as fuck. I got invited, so I'm happy. There are also many other programs, but no one cares so I won't go into details.

Essentially, this could knock my university fees from $40,000 to $7,000 overnight, and that's on TOP of the scholarships I already have. So I have the potential to TAKE HOME money! I hope it goes well. As unfortunate as it is to say, this could change my life.

18 minutes ago, Psychoblue said:

This is going to mark the first time I'll be commentating something under the direct eye of publishers/developers, and given that doing so was something I had aspirations for as far back as 2010, I'm more than a bit anxious about making sure I make a strong impression.

I met with the rest of the team here on Wednesday, including the nWay contacts that report to Hasbro themselves.  They are super strict about the brand and there were times going over some of my usual canter that I made me realize how serious they are about making sure things go flawlessly compared to the disorganization I saw at Capcom Cup before COVID shut everything down.  However, I told them I welcomed their professionalism and how up front they were about answering my questions about what they expected of me.  Strangely enough there was more concern I was going to make the commentary too kiddy/cheesy rather than the usual stuff about inappropriate language.  I work with kids for a living anyway so I know how to watch myself especially for streams where it's easy for parents to look me up between my NPI number and the articles Redbull wrote about me around the time I won SFxT at EVO.  

I'm usually commentating on my own and have been told I talk enough for 3 commentators, but I'll be working with a partner this time, and given this was exactly why I contacted Ultradavid about building chemistry quicker.  While I'm sure things will go smoothly, mentally I'm treating this like a job interview.  With offline events dead for who knows how long, if they ever come back to the scale they once were, it's imperative that I hit a home run with this because this might be the last shot for esports commentary power fantasies.  I'd love to do a CPT event sometime too and a great showing here could open the door for that later.

There was something Mike Ross said a few years ago about how frustrating it was that Capcom wouldn't let him go through with his ideas to make the show cooler.  After the group shot down some of my ideas, I made it known that if I'm presenting or defending those ideas it's because I wouldn't have presented them if they were weak, but at the same time I'm a professional and whatever they want, I'll deliver.  

I'm not interested in doing things my way.  It's not my event.  I'm interested in doing things the right way and I'm willing to put my ego aside to ensure that I excel at whatever they ask of me.  

I'll be kicking off this Sunday at 3 PM EST.  Can't wait to play as Dan a couple days after to either drown my regrets or toast a good showing.  

Didn't know an MS user was commentating Frosty. I don't know much about PR as far as the game goes, but I'll be watching to cheer you on. Go, Blue.

2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

@Mattatsuhave you played with Seth in SFV? He has some legit AA damage options. 

takes away one of our biggest gripes with the game. One button AA with combo potential and good punish damage. 

I might pick up Seth 👀

I only tried him once and he seemed cool, but i think i just went back to whoever i was playing... i didnt realize he had an AA with combo potential though

spacer.png

Something new for the SFxT collection, a Heihachi themed Vita pouch.  Sadly it's too small for my L2/R2 grip that I play on, but it's still a nice piece of memorabilia for what's been a pretty important part of my life.  

19 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Congrats!

I know nothing of that world, but I'd assume the producer decided most everything about the show before the onboarding of talent to implement it even began. 

And is the yellow guy in that gif the only one who actually practices a martial art? 😂

The Yellow Ranger was the only one who didn't have any martial arts training.  The other Rangers all came in with martial arts, stunt work, or athletic backgrounds.  

Edited by Psychoblue

Seth's st hk is crazy good. It's also really low effort  so it's really beginner friendly for whoever want to pick him up. I do wonder why characters with a DP got tools like this, Seth's st.hk and Akuma's  back st.hp. 

Played Seth quite enough to tell you that after a while i stopped AA with DP in most cases  and just used the st hk, it's that good and satisfying, you can even use it in neutral from time to time.