Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

13 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

@Volt

You know as much as me, that SF won't die as long as people are willing to get along with anything Capcom does to them.

They haven't fixed day 1 issues in 4 years and only pilled on more costumes.

At this point, Capcom knows they can just half ass SFVI, make it extremly bad and people will still support them, cause muh SF.

Having said that, I will be more than happy to play Strive with anyone once it comes out.

Or Melty, Melty will never let you do and never gonna give you up.

Now don't get me wrong, SFV *is* ass.

That doesn't mean I want the whole franchise nuked tho. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nigga, not my fault that you post so much wrong shit on daily basis that i now auto default to educate you without reading all your post

Try harder. 🤣

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And sorry, but the whole point of the DISAGREE button is to just click on it instead of wasting time making a reply.

If it bothers you so much that someone disagreed with something you posted then leave the internet

Bothered? I'm making fun of you. Besides, didn't you reply anyway? Twice? 🤣

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

The Franchise needs to get nuked to get the message trough.

You know how dense Capcom is, they wanted to turn SFVI into a Tag Fighter ffs.

Who is "they," bro? It was Ono who had recently escaped Gotham's Elderly Home of the Insane... Shortly after he was demoted to the point that he felt the need to quit the company. Capcops got him, but not the netcode team... 

6 minutes ago, Volt said:

snip

You know, I have always found idiotic when people assume some one is mad because you are replying to them.

Even more when they default to common replies like get of my nuts, my dick, or you mad bro, hoes mad, etc.

What is the point of posting on a forum if you don't expect a dialogue, lmao.

How does outsourcing one's franchise to another company work when it comes to gaming ? 

- why do it ?

- why not have your own team within your company , in this case capcom ?

- how much freedom does the owner of the IP have towards the development cycle of the game once they gave the wrights to DIMPS ?

Afaik these DIMPS dudes made SF 4 and SF 5 right ?  I hope SF 6 is not made by the same dudes tbh. It's a long shot because it may end worst but maybe a change is needed.

Hasn't Capcom remade their entire fighting game divison in  2018 ? What team do they even have ? And why even have it if someone else makes the games for you lol.

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

Afaik these DIMPS dudes made SF 4 and SF 5 right

They had a hand in it, yeah, but they weren't the lead studio. Capcom was the lead, so they were working with Capcom in house developers. 

I'm just looking at capcom's biggest sellers, RE and MH, and now with rise running on the RE engine, and it seems like capcom is devoted to using it as their engine for everything. 

So I wonder if SFVI is going to run on RE...

If not, why put capcom developers on the project when they could be working on RE engine stuff? 

Like if it's going to be unreal again, have Dimps do it all while you have people that know how to use RE use it to build the next fighter, whatever that may be.

Edited by KingTubb
8 hours ago, Flackaveli said:

I think you covered everything fam 

When Kolin activates VT just downback, even take a couple of throws till she runs out.

The worst is getting CC by a random St.HP

Good luck 👍🏾

Coming back to this real quick, this was all I gathered from a really short training session. Is labbing matchups in this game this fast? I feel like character possibilities only open up when you get the hit as opposed to something like Marvel 2 where you have many options in neutral.

25 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I honestly think Capcom is just going to hand all the development to Dimps for the future SF games and the only hand they'll have in it is publishing. 

They're not going to dump SF, that's silly. It's their third biggest franchise and probably they're most recognizable. 

About that.

While SF is easily one of their most recognizable ips.

Part of what makes it considered one of their biggest is the all time sales.

But if we go by recent life time sales, the franchise is not really one off their top 3 franchises anymore.

BTW, is it confirmed that Dimps made SFV?

Last time i checked (which was around release), SFV was outsourced for a lot of things, but they never mentioned Dimps on the credits iirc.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

About that.

While SF is easily one of their most recognizable ips.

Part of what makes it considered one of their biggest is the all time sales.

But if we go by recent life time sales, the franchise is not really one off their top 3 franchises anymore.

BTW, is it confirmed that Dimps made SFV?

Last time i checked (which was around release), SFV was outsourced for a lot of things, but they never mentioned Dimps on the credits iirc.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/01/21/capcoms-yoshinori-ono-confirms-dimps-collaboration-on-street-fighter-v/

23 minutes ago, Skort said:

How does outsourcing one's franchise to another company work when it comes to gaming ? 

- why do it ?

- why not have your own team within your company , in this case capcom ?

- how much freedom does the owner of the IP have towards the development cycle of the game once they gave the wrights to DIMPS ?

Afaik these DIMPS dudes made SF 4 and SF 5 right ?  I hope SF 6 is not made by the same dudes tbh. It's a long shot because it may end worst but maybe a change is needed.

Hasn't Capcom remade their entire fighting game divison in  2018 ? What team do they even have ? And why even have it if someone else makes the games for you lol.

1) You outsource your work because you dont necesarily have the staff required to do the work.

2) Same as above.

Also, it could be a thing that all the inhouse teams are busy with other projects.

Is easy to subcontract than hire new staff for a project and then need to relocate or fire.

3) The subcontractor job is to do what the owner ask for.

They have all the freedom to ask whatever they want and changes they want, plus they make all the decisions about the project.

Dimps as a developer can only do what Capcom ask for them.

Any quality control proble, design choices, etc that you don't like is mostly 100% capcom's fault.

There is always a percentage that Dimps can be at blame for any issue, but that would mostly fall into bugs and poor performance.

Something that at the end, Capcom still should have ways to mitigate if they have QA process to identify them.

And no, capcom didnt remade their fg division per se.

They transferred who the fg division is under.

The structure is still kept mostly the same, since it is mostly an administrative division, with most of the work being done outside the company.

@Hecatom  Thank you as well. I appreciate the reply. 

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And no, capcom didnt remade their fg division per se.

They transferred who the fg division is under.

I fear this. The fact that we are at least 1 year away from any possible reveal of SF 6 is even worst.  I truly want to see how the game will shape up without Ono's lead.

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

I fear this.

I wouldn't worry too much. Capcom has put out nothing but bangers for the most part as of late. RE7, REmakes 2+3, MHW, DMC5...

Sure, there was an MvCi in there, but the bones of that game aren't bad. Ever piece of presentation is booty butt bad, but the actual "game" isn't bad! 

Seriously, that game coulda been good if it didn't look like hot shit and had the roster it should of had. 

The music is pretty awful too, imho. 

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

No, it was because your endless bitching about SFV in a SFV forum. Plenty of people didn't like SFV but they didn't like an Eventhubs commenter on the daily. You don't get to cry "woe is me" after literal shit talking people everyday. Antagonizing people and crying about them wanting you to go away? Miss me with that bullshit. If you are going to invite conflict then be willing to deal with repercussions. Grow up or STFU.

Yep and I didn't broke a single rule according to Pertho.

Bitching about SFV in a SFV forum, damn that must suck.

Besides in the large most people were on the same side in the end, the game sucks.

So everything worked out.

56 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Coming back to this real quick, this was all I gathered from a really short training session. Is labbing matchups in this game this fast? I feel like character possibilities only open up when you get the hit as opposed to something like Marvel 2 where you have many options in neutral.

For the most part, though you’ll probably want some practice against Kolin before your match. There might me something you/we missed that another player might abuse. 

24 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I wouldn't worry too much. Capcom has put out nothing but bangers for the most part as of late. RE7, REmakes 2+3, MHW, DMC5...

Sure, there was an MvCi in there, but the bones of that game aren't bad. Ever piece of presentation is booty butt bad, but the actual "game" isn't bad! 

Seriously, that game coulda been good if it didn't look like hot shit and had the roster it should of had. 

The music is pretty awful too, imho. 

I agree with this, but lol at "The presentation is bad, the music is bad, the game looks like hot shit, and the roster is booty batter... But the game is good!" 🤣

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

For the most part, though you’ll probably want some practice against Kolin before your match. There might me something you/we missed that another player might abuse. 

Am practicing right now. How do I deal with Cr.MK on block? I can't beat it, and she keeps spamming it. Backdash to H Tatsu?

3 minutes ago, Volt said:

I agree with this, but lol at "The presentation is bad, the music is bad, the game looks like hot shit, and the roster is booty batter... But the game is good!" 🤣

Agree.

I can give the game being fun, since that is subjective. And people dont need a game being good to have a blast with it.

But obejectively, the game is not good.

The game has big flaws in multiple aspects.

And is not only in the presentation.

It has a  lot of mechanics and design choices that make for the game to easily devolve into stupid shit.

It also has some serious problems that have been left unadressed since the game was abandoned months after its release.

46 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Sold less than SFV this gen. And sold less than SFIV last gen. 

It hasn't been out as long, sure, but it still hasn't sold as much. Made way less cash too.

them DLC costumes raking in the cash.

Interesting.

I was under the impression that DMCV alone for example has sold more than SFV for example, since SFV has lagged to be able to meet the expectations set for the 1st 3 months and took it like 3 or 4 years to do so.

But you have a point, even if they dont make new sales, they have all the Chun Li outfits being sold, which that brings the money.

And SFV has been on sale for longer and has been part of deals in multiple occassions, evenbeing given for free as a PSN game, so that can boost its numbers as well.

42 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Yep and I didn't broke a single rule according to Pertho.

Bitching about SFV in a SFV forum, damn that must suck.

Besides in the large most people were on the same side in the end, the game sucks.

So everything worked out.

And yet you were singled out, and no one else was? You are the type of person that hits a bee hive with a stick and bitches about being stung. It amazes me how everyone else here can have different tastes and manage to just put together a lobby to play the game (MK11, SCVI, SS, etc.) of their choice while just continue to bitch. It's 2021, and you are still griping game about damn near 5 years old game.  Never have a come across such a woeful individual. I mean @Mattatsugot us to play MVCi by being an adult and just asking. Heck Mattasu gets Megashock together for a lot of different games. BTW thanks fam, let me know the next time you play SS. I'll make time barring unforeseen circumstances.

Interesting.

I was under the impression that DMCV alone for example has sold more than SFV for example, since SFV has lagged to be able to meet the expectations set for the 1st 3 months and took it like 3 or 4 years to do so.

But you have a point, even if they dont make new sales, they have all the Chun Li outfits being sold, which that brings the money.

And SFV has been on sale for longer and has been part of deals in multiple occassions, evenbeing given for free as a PSN game, so that can boost its numbers as well.

SFV is their 8th best selling game of all time. Honestly I'm surprised some of the other games haven't sold more units. Here are the best selling games, per Capcom. DMCV is 16th a 3.9 million BTW

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 minute ago, Hecatom said:

I was under the impression that DMCV alone for example has sold more than SFV for example

It probably will, especially with the special edition. But looking up sales numbers shed some light on some stuff:

SF is Capcom’s highest grossing franchise by a country mile.it’s made more than twice the cash that RE has. 

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games

6 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Am practicing right now. How do I deal with Cr.MK on block? I can't beat it, and she keeps spamming it. Backdash to H Tatsu?

There is no perfect answer to this question imo...it’s a good button. I honestly just try to avoid it as much as possible. Shuffle around it’s max range to set up a whiff punish. As mentioned it has a decent amount of recovery, but also blocking it at max range makes basically all follow ups whiff bc pushback. You can also play closer up inside its optimal range to make throwing it risky. It’s like 8f startup, which is quite slow for a medium priority button. 

The most common thing I’ve seen is cr.mk>s.lk as a blockstring. It’s really annoying to try and blow up due to range, but s.lk on its own isn’t dangerous without VTC or an unconfirmed cancel into hands. Gap is also 4f, so if they are really flowcharting you can check that with 3f or DP.

Last thing, but cr.mk has enormous pushback on block. It’s +1, but at point blank range if you hold back the fastest thing she can actually reach you with is s.lk (again...5f light). All her other lights whiff. If you stay on down back she can touch you with s.lp, but that whiffs if you’re stand blocking. Those things in mind, after blocking it you can try to walk back for a few frames them down back again so you don’t eat another cr.mk. 

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

SFV is their 8th best selling game of all time. Honestly I'm surprised some of the other games haven't sold more units. Here are the best selling games, per Capcom. DMCV is 16th a 3.9 million BTW

https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Something interesting to take notice about the numbers of SFV is that they count the sales for AE as part of it, but dont differentiate if what you bought was the expansion or the standalone game.

Is a very creative way to boost its numbers if you ask me, lol.

6 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And yet you were singled out, and no one else was? You are the type of person that hits a bee hive with a stick and bitches about being stung. It amazes me how everyone else here can have different tastes and manage to just put together a lobby to play the game (MK11, SCVI, SS, etc.) of their choice while just continue to bitch. It's 2021, and you are still griping game about damn near 5 years old game.  Never have a come across such a woeful individual. I mean @Mattatsugot us to play MVCi by being an adult and just asking. Heck Mattasu gets Megashock together for a lot of different games. BTW thanks fam, let me know the next time you play SS. I'll make time barring unforeseen circumstances.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and how whenever I try a new game, there are always a bunch of people who are interested and open/looking forward to playing with me. So thanks to everyone for that!

I am about to have dinner and was going to boot up Samsho afterwards for an hour or two if you’re interested.

if tonight doesn’t work, we can play another night, this is honestly my favourite FG in a while, so I’ll be playing it alot

49 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

REmakes 3,

Stop right there criminal scum, you have violated the law!!

Pay your fine or go to jail!

I agree with all of them but this one, REmake3 was a crime, I know it was the game like they envisioned it, but it was a massive downgrade to REmake1&2
I sincerly hope that they will not butcher REmake4 as much as they butcherd REmake3

Something interesting to take notice about the numbers of SFV is that they count the sales for AE as part of it, but dont differentiate if what you bought was the expansion or the standalone game.

Is a very creative way to boost its numbers if you ask me, lol.

Not really. I don't never bought SFV AE. I bought vanilla SFV. But I have SFV AE. When Super Street Fighter IV came out, I had to buy it again and the online community was different. 

Just now, KingTubb said:

It probably will, especially with the special edition. But looking up sales numbers shed some light on some stuff:

SF is Capcom’s highest grossing franchise by a country mile.it’s made more than twice the cash that RE has. 

https://vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Best_selling_Capcom_games

Well, yeah.

SF has been going on for longer.

If we go by lifetime sales on multiple entries, SF will win over multiple franchises easily.

But if we go by per game sales, the numbers start to differ.

SF for all the household name that it is, is a game on a niche genre when compared to other offerings capcom has put on the market in recent years.

And well, SFV underperformed according to capcom themselves.

Resident 6, a game that was also considered an underperformer for example, sold more than SFV.

Which is what i am saying.

Other games on other franchises seem to be performing better according to capcom.

Which is why my original comment.

10 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

And yet you were singled out, and no one else was? You are the type of person that hits a bee hive with a stick and bitches about being stung. It amazes me how everyone else here can have different tastes and manage to just put together a lobby to play the game (MK11, SCVI, SS, etc.) of their choice while just continue to bitch. It's 2021, and you are still griping game about damn near 5 years old game.  Never have a come across such a woeful individual. I mean Mattasu got us to play MVCi by being an adult and just asking. Heck Mattasu gets Megashock together for a lot of different games. BTW thanks fam, let me know the next time you play SS. I'll make time barring unforeseen circumstances.

I have asked often enough for games.

"I don't have the game."

"I don't have it on PC!"
"Fuck off with that bullshit, no one wants to play that!"

Meanwhile the Lobby tended to interact with:
Damn SFV sucks, this game is ass, who wants to play this?

MisterBee and Zio were the only two people in this entire god forsaken forum, on SRK it was only Zio, who played my games with me.

Heck I played Brazilien Volt in CFs Delay based Netcode and that shit worked out and I regulary throw reminder of Steams sales around, where you can get something like the entire BB Collection for under 20€!!

So don't come me with I didn't try. Apparently the only thing that gets people to pay attention is bitching about a game they find ass, but play anyway.

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Not really. I don't never bought SFV AE. I bought vanilla SFV. But I have SFV AE. When Super Street Fighter IV came out, I had to buy it again and the online community was different. 

Well, SSFIV was a different game than SFIV.

My point is that with SFV they count the numbers of both AE and SFV as a whole.

But with MHW and MHWI they count them separatedly.

Despite both games having a similar model, where you can buy an expansion or buy a new standalone game.

8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I was actually thinking about this yesterday and how whenever I try a new game, there are always a bunch of people who are interested and open/looking forward to playing with me. So thanks to everyone for that!

I am about to have dinner and was going to boot up Samsho afterwards for an hour or two if you’re interested.

if tonight doesn’t work, we can play another night, this is honestly my favourite FG in a while, so I’ll be playing it alot

You EST? So around 7:30?

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Despite both games having a similar model, where you can buy an expansion or buy a new standalone game.

I don't play MH, so I didn't know that. Sorry guys, I tried but MH isn't for me. MHW is basically free with PS5 but I just couldn't get it. I tried the Rise demo and outside being impressed with what the RE Engine can do on Switch, it didn't grab me either. I see why people like those games, I just don't.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

They counted the SF4 games separately too. Vanilla, Super and Ultra are counted as their own games. 

13 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't play MH, so I didn't know that. Sorry guys, I tried but MH isn't for me. MHW is basically free with PS5 but I just couldn't get it. I tried the Rise demo and outside being impressed with what the RE Engine can do on Switch, it didn't grab me either. I see why people like those games, I just don't.

My whole thing with these games is how much you repeat the same content over and over. It’s a great game at first, but grinding the same creatures over and over again hoping RNG blesses you with the crafting mats you need is not fun.

I don’t understand why all these loot based games have to be so repetitive and RNG filled. In other RPGs with crafting and gear there is often multiple places to get exactly what you need to craft exactly what you want. In skyrim if I need some steel and leather strips to craft a sword I can mine the ores for steel and kill an animal for pelts that they drop 100% of the time to tan into leather. You’re not out there killing wolves and bandits by the dozen hoping for the drops I need. 

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

I don’t understand why all these loot based games have to be so repetitive and RNG filled. In other RPGs with crafting and gear there is often multiple places to get exactly what you need to craft exactly what you want. In skyrim if I need some steel and leather strips to craft a sword I can mine the ores for steel and kill an animal for pelts that they drop 100% of the time to tan into leather. You’re not out there killing wolves and bandits by the dozen hoping for the drops I need. 

I found the monster battles to be fun. I never get tired of fighting Nergigante. Fighting the monsters in different locations or different variation does a lot to change the dynamics of the fight.  

37 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I have asked often enough for games.

"I don't have the game."

"I don't have it on PC!"
"Fuck off with that bullshit, no one wants to play that!"

Well to be blunt. You are a jackass. So why should anyone bend over backward to see what you are playing? I'm pretty sure most of us here have bought at least one game to just to play with other people here.