Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

25 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

HAH!! She was the first DLC character I gotten a hold of! I completely understand this notion. 

Plus, she has some really good tools in midair, specifically if you are the type to play some keepaway. 

Yup, Outside her non standard mobility option (which imo, opens for a lot of useful shenanigans) she has plenty of tools she can convert from.

She is a shotoesq char, so has that kind of simplicity on design, but has the ability to kara cancel normals even on whiff, which allows her to have a scary mixup game in a lot of scenarios, plus can convert 4K into the WFT in a way that chars cant do their Rage Explossion.

The only reason why anyone wouldnt use her is because they hate perfect lewd-wholesome waifus 🤣

29 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

That is true, and there are recoil cancels too... honestly, maybe i’ll just run through a few characters with DPs and see who i like the feel of the most and just learn them until i understand Samsho better.

thanks.

Keep in mind that DPs have really long recovery animations here, a whiffed DP opens you up to get some really heavy damage by a single mistake.

They don't exactly have the same purpose than on SF, or should i say, have the same freedom to be used as in SF perhaps?

8 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

The only reason why anyone wouldnt use her is because they hate perfect lewd-wholesome waifus 🤣

This is... strangely accurate. Because, a few small group of folks (in fact, I think it was literally three people) made a big deal out of a innocuous remark made towards Iroha. Then there was a whole ass thing on social media about it.  

2 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

This is... strangely accurate. Because, a few small group of folks (in fact, I think it was literally three people) made a big deal out of a innocuous remark made towards Iroha. Then there was a whole ass thing on social media about it.  

Yup, i remember that even the person who started the whole shitshow had to clarify that he  didnt have problems with Iroha, since he loved lewd shit too.

His problem was the official social media engaiging at the same level of the fans, since thought it was unprofessional or something, which imo while understandable, is not an issue tbh.

That it became a shitshow just shows how stupid social media and its denizens can be.

Anyway.

If anyone wants to play today just add me on PSN and send me a message on in.

Edit

On another note, i am surprised at how Blade Starngers has never gone on sale.

I like the game, but is a very niche fighting game at 40 bucks, i know a lot of people who would have liked to give it a try, but for that price they were never willing to.

Edited by Hecatom
Just now, Hecatom said:

Keep in mind that DPs have really long recovery animations here, a whiffed DP opens you up to get some really heavy damage by a single mistake.

They don't exactly have the same purpose than on SF, or should i say, have the same freedom to be used as in SF perhaps?

Good to know. My plan is mostly to use them as AA’s (I just love AA DPs), and I’m aware that some DPs aren't too reliable for them so i’m ruling those characters out for now. I’d also use them as combo enders if that’s optimal... I’m not planning on doing any wakeup DPs, or use them as a whiff punish or anything crazy like that

2 hours ago, Skort said:

Sup, 

Made this for the bros over  @ SRK now @ Megashock with a special dedication to my bro  @AriesWarlock  

Added props, shaders, 2000 samples of cycles render, Johnny Silverhand's insane guitar riff and a air guitar riff animation on best girl Juri . 

xD !!!! 

That's pretty fucking cool, dude! You are really getting the hang of this quickly. I really like how she moves lol.  How long did it take you to make that animation?

Edited by AriesWarlock
10 hours ago, Vhozite said:

Nothing like walking into a barbershop then walking out with the confidence that I could steal anybody’s girl 

Whenever I walk out of a barbershop, I keep wondering how many visits I got left before having to go with the Saitama look. 

5 hours ago, Dayaan said:

When are we going to get a middle finger reaction? Vomit would be cool as well.

Asking the real questions.

@misterBeeWhere you at?

22 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Thanks! I’ll check her out. I’ve seen recommendations for as well for people new to the series.

also, do you have it on PS4? And if so, would you be up for playing? Because of our distance, we should have a decent connection.

I might need to update my ps plus, but I wouldn't mind giving it a shot 😉

19 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

That's pretty fucking cool, dude! You are really getting the hang of this quickly. I really like how she moves lol.  How long did it take you to make that animation?

It's a mixed bag. 

I haven't really made the animation from scratch. I can animate but it's not as good to do by eye from zero. 

I can however animate using a video refference. You import a video in blender and load it in the  3D view port, pose and align your character's mesh mod right above the person in the video and you start moving her body parts frame by frame after the motion in the video, keyframing ( saving ) every motion each frame. If done successfully you end up copying the exact same motion more or less ( some models can't bend in some ways without looking weird ) . 

I am currently working on a animation done from zero by me with Juri riding a motorcycle down a highway with the wind blowing through her hair. I plan to loop this so it looks like it's endless. Who knows,  i may throw Cammy on her bike as well like it was in the SFV story. 

But knowing Juri she may kick Cammy off half way in the middle of the desert. Juri will be Juri after all.

7 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Juri: "Nah @Skort. I might keep Cammy's hot ass around for a minute or two. And, I haven't been to England for a while either. So I guess I go to some martial arts dojo and fuck some shit up. And, then maybe I'll troll the fuck out of this forum some more before hittin' the sack. Whatdaya say?" 

tumblr_p5k2r5tKpZ1x600tio2_400.gifv

Your Juri role playing has impressed me good sir,well done.    

PS : i'm down for that plan if not for the outcome then just for the fact that i want Juri to ride her bike from Brazil to England again.

I actually had some materials written down on the SRK story thread, though it is extremely long-winded.

I wanted to minimize the more ridiculous aspects of the SFV story so that there is more closure between each of the characters before III roles around. Throughout the whole time playing through the story mode years ago, I just couldn't stop laughing. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

One of the many reasons I love BB, Character Intros and Interactions.

Sad that Xrd had no special intros, only special dialoges, but thats better than having none of them.

Agree, and for the looks of it Strive will have even more dissapointing character intros.

At least Xrd had some that matched the character personality and as the game went on, the intros became more flashy.

But Strive seems to be taking the MK approach where the chars have some lame intro and call it a day, another reason to dislike that shit XD

5 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I actually had some materials written down on the SRK story thread, though it is extremely long-winded.

I wanted to minimize the more ridiculous aspects of the SFV story so that there is more closure between each of the characters before III roles around. Throughout the whole time playing through the story mode years ago, I just couldn't stop laughing. 

I always thought that SFV would have bennefited if instead of everything and everyone coalesing in single mess of a story, you had 2 or more sub stories where different factions were handling a different problem.

The military /cops and the Illuminati + Rashid dealing with Bison and Shadaloo.

Ryu, Ken, Karin and the others dealing with Necalli.

If they want the stories to intersect at a point, fine, but let the characters have distinctive involvements in their own plot points.

Is stupid how they basically retconned Chun-Li and the other sp forces chars involvement with the Shadaloo downfall in favor of the spoiled rich bitch and the karate hobo.

All while cementing Necalli as the ultimate jobber.

A fucking waste of a char, not that i like his design or gameplay, but not even the excuse for his inclussion is worth a damn, lol.

Edited by Hecatom
3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

But Strive seems to be taking the MK approach where the chars have some lame intro and call it a day, another reason to dislike that shit XD

I can't stand that shit. 

And, I am not really a fan of "MCU" dialogue anyway. 

Definition: MCU dialogue meaning: A character *has* to say something or force a situation where everything they do is sarcastic, smug or snarky. Every five to ten seconds. 

*This is not a lie, some MCU go way overboard with this kind of dialogue.* 

Don't get me wrong. I have no real issue with the occasional banter as it demonstrate certain aspects of a character or character dynamics in a relationship. However, there is going to come a certain point where it starts to come across as corny and zoomer-ish, if that's a term I want to use. I can explain myself further if one wishes... 

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I always thought that SFV would have bennefited if instead of everything and everyone coalesing in single mess of a story, you had 2 or more sub stories where different factions were handling a different problem.

The military /cops and the Illuminati + Rashid dealing with Bison and Shadaloo.

Ryu, Ken, Karin and the others dealing with Necalli.

If they want the stories to intersect at a point, fine, but let the characters have distinctive involvements in their own plot points.

Is stupid how they basically retconned Chun-Li and the other sp forces chars involvement with the Shadaloo downfall in favor of the spoiled rich bitch and the karate hobo.

All while cementing Necalli as the ultimate jobber.

A fucking waste of a char.

That's funny. What you described (Having specific sub-stories address something taking place with proper lead up into the main conflict)... was exactly the kind of approach I took. I think I'll go ahead and dig up the stuff I wrote a bit later when I get home. 

Just now, GreatDarkHero said:

I can't stand that shit. 

And, I am not really a fan of "MCU" dialogue anyway. 

Definition: MCU dialogue meaning: A character *has* to say something or force a situation where everything they do is sarcastic, smug or snarky. Every five to ten seconds. 

*This is not a lie, some MCU go way overboard with this kind of dialogue.* 

Don't get me wrong. I have no real issue with the occasional banter as it demonstrate certain aspects of a character or character dynamics in a relationship. However, there is going to come a certain point where it starts to come across as corny and zoomer-ish, if that's a term I want to use. I can explain myself further if one wishes... 

I understand what you mean.

Although, i dont think the intros on MK (at least from what i played in 10 and 11) necesarily go as the reason why the charas fight each other.

More like a pre banter thing they say to each other, with the fight being whatever you want it to be.

On Strive it seems the chars have those small intros that outside like Axl, look super tame, like something you would find on a NRS game.

Is no longer over the top.

No joke, i think Strive is being designed in every aspect to be the exact opposite of other GG games.

The game feels that lost most of its fantasy aspects, not to mention the Metal/Rock feeling it had.

Is designed to be tame so normies can like it.

3 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

I thought Xrd's story mode was just a movie. 

Was that only Rev 2? 

It was for both Xrd games.

The Xrd sentence is about doing the story mode during an evo XD

Dunno why i did the story modes for those games during evos, was watching on one screen the tournament, and running the games on the other.

I guess it was to have something to do while there was down time, lol.

Edit

On another subject, i fucking finally finished tranferring stuff from one of my old 5tb hdds to a bigger one to free it to replace my ps4 hdd that died.

Time to install all the games again.

Edited by Hecatom