Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

18 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

never get tired of fighting Nergigante

Hahaha, I talked a friend into getting MHW on release, he got super into it. He works tech support at nights, unsupervised, so raced ahead of me with the LBG pierce op nonsense that was in at the start. Then he got to Nergi within a few days of release... and holy shit, I've never heard him rage as hard as he did. This was before anybody had him worked out, before everybody was aware of the superman dive tech. It was so pissing funny, he was literally at breaking the disc ragepoint for three days. When he finally got the kill, I was nearly deafened

I can completely get the complaints about grinding for mats though - especially in the base game, but will say it helped me to treat the campaign as a single player thing, and when it came to grinding, as a social thing to do with friends while talking shit and having a laugh. Game offers up some legitimately funny or epic moments that way. I dropped out hard farming elder dragons to augment my IG in World though, that was a bridge too far. 

Edited by JustBrowsing
10 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I found the monster battles to be fun. 

EXACTLY...this is why I find being bottlenecked into repetitive fights by loot system so irritating. Instead of organically fighting different monsters in the world or progressing the story your encouraged to go into an area and hunt a creature into extinction because it’s impossible to get exactly what you want in a reasonable amount of attempts.

3 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

EXACTLY...this is why I find being bottlenecked into repetitive fights by loot system so irritating. Instead of organically fighting different monsters in the world or progressing the story your encouraged to go into an area and hunt a creature into extinction because it’s impossible to get exactly what you want in a reasonable amount of attempts.

That's why most players capture the monsters and do bounties. They provide more drops upon completion reducing grind. 

5 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Well to be blunt. You are a jackass. So why should anyone bend over backward to see what you are playing? I'm pretty sure most of us here have bought at least one game to just to play with other people here.

Oh you charming old hound you.

To be blunt, I offer help for any of the games I play, explanation, tutorials, discords, I'm like Batmans utility belt in that regard, you wonder how all this random stuff fits into that small thing.

The only thing that can make me salty is bad connections.

Heck I played Skort in SFIV just because he asked, I'm not even limited to them.

Just the weird thing is, everytime I see GG getting mentioned, it's always on PS4.

I have the feeling I need to buy people the game on PC, so they get off their bloody consoles.

Or I need to steal the PS4 from one of my friends again, did that for the GBVS Beta.

1 hour ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I don't play MH, so I didn't know that. Sorry guys, I tried but MH isn't for me. MHW is basically free with PS5 but I just couldn't get it. I tried the Rise demo and outside being impressed with what the RE Engine can do on Switch, it didn't grab me either. I see why people like those games, I just don't.

Is not the RE engine.

They are using the MT framework.

All the MH games have been developed on it since they moved on from the PSP

Just now, Darc_Requiem said:

Rise is on the RE Engine. It's the first Switch game to use it.

Really?

Interesting, last i heard it was also running on MT Framework, nice to know.

I know that they have been trying to move away from MTF since is an already old tech.

It seems that RE Engine will be powering everything from them from now on, except for their fgs, lol.

I dont really understand how people have problems with Nergigante tbh. 

Unless they are trying to brute force through the fight without equping decent stuff to fight against him. 

But then again, my favorite fights o mh involve the likes of Furious George 😂

4 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

I guess I'm the Samurai Shodown Volt. It was fun though.

You weren’t that bad 😂

in all seriousness, the win record isn’ a good representation of our matches. The last ones especially were really close. I’m going to upload some of them if you’re cool with that, some were very tense.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

You weren’t that bad 😂

in all seriousness, the win record isn’ a good representation of our matches. The last ones especially were really close. I’m going to upload some of them if you’re cool with that, some were very tense.

Hey man I don't mind. I need to throw more throws of my own and watch out for yours. I need to decide on my button config on my stick. I have it set up arcade style but may have to change it.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
25 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey man I don't mind. I need to throw more throws of my own and watch out for yours. I need to decide on my button config on my stick. I have it set up arcade style but may have to change it.

Yeah, i was getting particularly cheap with throws, especially when going into my Issen (Lightning blade) attack.

and yeah, i had to change my button configuration. I have it to the following with the C+D macro on R2:

ABC

D

Edited by Mattatsu
53 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I dont really understand how people have problems with Nergigante tbh. 

Nergi will always easily wreck anyone who goes up against it for the first time. It's quickness, disjointed hitboxes and the way it's spikes work will be bullshit to anyone not accustomed to it. I know it took me a while to not get wrecked by the superman dive. It serves as good gatekeeper for the other elder dragons. 

@Darc_Requiem i started watching them to pick the best matches to highlight, but just ended up uploading them all from our third match on... I think eight matches is about the limit I’m willing to watch in one sitting anyway lol.

I do have to say that i really do love watching this game. Despite what i said above, in most games i’m done after a match or two (outside of tournaments), and while I like watching my highlights for things to work on, I sometimes find myself just watching them because it’s fun to.

1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

Nergi will always easily wreck anyone who goes up against it for the first time. It's quickness, disjointed hitboxes and the way it's spikes work will be bullshit to anyone not accustomed to it. I know it took me a while to not get wrecked by the superman dive. It serves as good gatekeeper for the other elder dragons. 

I think that while true, Nergi will fuck you the 1st time if you dont know what to expect,but if you take the time to prepare on the subsequent battle he is not really a problem.

I see a lot of people just wanting to use whatever without even taking into account items and potions that could be needed on a fight.

Is in part one of the reasons why i currently run a Kulve Taroth set to keep mofos alive since otherwise they keep dying on me.

No joke, the problem seems to be so prevalent, that even a friend of mine who jumped into the game with world needed to be carried by me, despite me being like hunter rank 10 and he already supposedly bein over 50 and killed the goddam Kirin.

The mofo was even saying he will help me, but was dying againt the fucking Rathian on the mission to steal the goddamn egg.

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

This might also be the old release date they had planned.

But it would be cool if thats a Beta with rollback.

And if they would that Beta on PC too.

I would welcome a beta for PC also as I wanna find out how the game plays and if Millia is cool enough to replace I-No.

But I doubt they will. PC is just overpowered these days.

Remember the SFV beta ? Once over the players moded it so it would work offline etc.

Maybe Arcsys is trying to avoid this.

3 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

What do you mean Millia is cool enough to replace I-No?

It's subjective ofc.

I like Millia but I prefer I-No.

PS : crossplay between ps 4 and ps5 but not for PC.

Sony really got a stick up their ass, because I am almost sure this is their doing and not Arcsys.

Edited by Skort