Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Hecatom said:

Because my favorite series is being ruined in a stupid move to try to attract people like you.

Who don't care for GG, but get hyped now that it is changed into a shit that doesn't represent the series.

If you put it like that sure, i give this one to you.  I am not a fan of the series but i do understand the concern you have with the new direction .

However, i like to at least try the game out before judging it. Most SF games have changed some stuff about their gameplay with every iteration and most remained memorable maybe it will be the case for Strive and GG series ? I don't know how GG series evolved but it could happen. 

If Strive bombs, i suppose they can return to the old formula but that will be years wasted. Again i fully understand your concern and i felt it myself on World of Warcraft, that has been ruined so much it's a shadow of what it was to cater in other  types of players.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

At least they won't turn GG into a Gacha game...... yet.

Well, they are turning BB into one.

IIRC, the new BB game is a mobile game.

But you know what?

I prefer that over ruining the fg series.

At least that way they gain an influx of money and invest on infrastructure that could lead to stuff like crossplay and shit like that in the future.

And allows for a market  that doesn't enjoy the fgs but like the world, the chars and the lore to have an avenue to participate without hindering the fgs.

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

If you put it like that sure, i give this one to you.  I am not a fan of the series but i do understand the concern you have with the new direction .

However, i like to at least try the game out before judging it. Most SF games have changed some stuff about their gameplay with every iteration and most remained memorable maybe it will be the case for Strive and GG series ? I don't know how GG series evolved but it could happen. 

If Strive bombs, i suppose they can return to the old formula but that will be years wasted. Again i fully understand your concern and i felt it myself on World of Warcraft, that has been ruined so much it's a shadow of what it was to cater in other  types of players.

Don't dodge my question, tell me who you tried in Melty.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Well, they are turning BB into one.

IIRC, the new BB game is a mobile game.

But you know what?

I prefer that over ruining the fg series.

At least that way they gain an influx of money and invest on infrastructure that could lead to stuff like crossplay and shit like that in the future.

And allows for a market  that doesn't enjoy the fgs but like the world, the chars and the lore to have an avenue to participate without hindering the fgs.

And I will most likely play it, cause BB is one of my favorite series now.

I only hope 2 things:
Make the characters I want not limited times

Do not try to Rival Fates Gacha Rates, cause then I might attempt suicide.

Ok 3 things, I want that Es still shows her opponents the L constantly.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

We already had this discussion.

There is a diference between changing mechanics to make them more streamlined, and another to change the whole identity of the series.

Strive is simply not GG.

Everything on that game scream anything but GG.

Hell, even in the visuals is the same.

They look gorgeous, yes.

But the series has lost most of its metal and fantasy influence.

The chars look more like KOF chars than GG chars, with just some exceptions.

The OST is now whatever (But that has been since Xrd), from innofensive to mediocre hard rock shit instead of metal.

The game is just a big posser Kpop stan pretending to be a metal head.

Just now, Mr.Cipher said:

Why do you  keep picking those characters man.

You have all these choices and you pick Hime. It's like you want people to hate you for some reason.

Told you , you always shit on characters i chose lmfao. 

Idk , i just pick who looks cool and cute.  I don't know the game, why is she hated ?

I play Hime myself, not as main tho. Thats my main:

8bb9d067d4949ec40f3f088a54c428d3.png

Anyway, why Hime is hated.

She has a Halfscreen 2C Sweep, that is +2 OB and doubles as an anti-air. She has Gyser that basically snipe you from 3/4 of the screen away, she is ridicoulisly fast and has the best airmobility in the game, she can literally fly, her pressure is stupidly safe, since she can cancle even unsafe moves (outside of her DP) into 22D and just fly around or use her gigantic air normals. She has Air 236, what is a giant hitbox she puts on the screen that leaves her +9 and can be as ridicoulis as +73 if canceld into 22D from a TK input.

Her 22D goes around crossup protection, what is the games mechanic that is actually supposed to disabled left/right vortex.

Also she can seal and delete all of your meter.

Also she walks faster than most characters can run.

Also her 214 is basically a free pressure reset for her, whenever she uses it.

Also she has the best DP in the entire game.

Oh and basically everything she does can and most likely will end in her 22D 8 way Mixups. The only way you can defend against that is to guess and if you guess correct, Hime gets to pressure you for free, cause there is not a single reversal in the game that can hit her, during this.

There are reasons why she is Top 1, to many in fact.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
1 minute ago, AriesWarlock said:

If I am not mistaken, she's the main character of Tsukuhime, and a vampire!

Yes and No.

Hime is the most overpowerd being in the Nasuverse, thats Fate, Tsukuhime, Melty Blood, basically them all together.

Hime is basically sleeping or more chained away, since she is way to powerfull to be left roaming on her own devices, if you let her, she starts doing stupid stuff for fun. Like removing all oxygen from the planet or playing flipper with continents.

She had some appearances in Tsukuhime, but 99% of the time you will have Arcureid.

Arcureid, is an idiot. But she is basically the Main Girl of Tsukuhime and one of the 4 possible routes you can take troughout the VN.

In a simpler way, Hime is Arcureids final form.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

As i told Cipher quite a few times, the most anime game i played and actually put time into it was this.  Actually fun combat and i enjoyed the soundtrack, nice community as well. Not a fighting game though.

Nigga, you play SF

That shit is anime as fuck.

Dunno why so many gringos want to deny it 🤣

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Nigga, you play SF

That shit is anime as fuck.

Dunno why so many gringos want to deny it 🤣

Don't play it no more currently. 

Ay it's anime as hell but it's fun. Like legit fun combat  😛 

And yes i main her

filters:quality(80):background_color(whi

I'll play most games if i'm having fun. That's the point of a game to me. I want to detach myself from real life shit and just have fun.

Edited by Skort

Ah , Street Fighter.

Well idk. It's more anime than say Mortal Kombat or Injustice , though i suppose there are better examples out there but compared to  Melty, BBTAG etc ? I don't see it. 

It kinda hits that middle ground between anime and something else. 

Yeah, Power Levels should be somewhat grounded right.

Did I mention that Hime is only at 30% Power and slapps Multiverse level Opponents around like they're little kids.

@SkortDo you have any idea what "the game is anime" even means?

Injustice and MK aren't anime, cause they're westerner games, made with Western IPs and one of them is only about Gore and Violence anyway.

SF mainly consists of anime troops, anime stereotypes and uses stuff common in anime.

Just for some reason everyone acts like it's not, for some reason.

14 minutes ago, Skort said:

Don't play it no more currently. 

Ay it's anime as hell but it's fun. Like legit fun combat  😛 

And yes i main her

I'll play most games if i'm having fun. That's the point of a game to me. I want to detach myself from real life shit and just have fun.

Not what i said my nigga.

What i said is that SF is anime as fuck.

Dumb power ups, dumb anime shonen tropes, dumb transformations, a weirdly caucasian looking japanese mofos cast, rich school girls with noble laughs, hobos chuking plasma from their hands, Anime chinese girls, etc, etc.

Dunno why gringos want to pretend that shit is not fucking weeb as hell.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Yeah, Power Levels should be somewhat grounded right.

I am talking about keeping your weeb power level low/hidden.

It was one of the tennets of the old ways.

Now everyone is trying to out do everyone else by outnerding each other.

🤣

Triple post, because i dont give a shit

BTW, today i am free in 1 hour and 15 mins.

So if anyone wants to play whatever hit me up.

I recently bought the Fantasy Strike core package, so if anyone has the free version and wants to dick around on that shit, it is also welcomed.

38 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Triple post, because i dont give a shit

BTW, today i am free in 1 hour and 15 mins.

So if anyone wants to play whatever hit me up.

I recently bought the Fantasy Strike core package, so if anyone has the free version and wants to dick around on that shit, it is also welcomed.

Do you play Accent Core? I probably not going to play tonight due to work, but I’d like to play someone here this weekend.

30 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Do you play Accent Core? I probably not going to play tonight due to work, but I’d like to play someone here this weekend.

I do, and i just bought it on Steam, but i have not applied the rollback netcode patch yet and i am super rusted.

But i will be happy to play you if you don't mind dealing with someone who has not played the game in over 3 years, lol.

Just now, BornWinner said:

@Hecatom It’s no problem. I’m literally only good with one character anyway.

I tried to jump back at the game, but i feel like i forgot everything related to +R

Because when i tried Testament, i for the love of Cthullu didn't remember any of the balance changes from AC to AC+R, lol.

It was like i was watching them for the 1st time.

Trying to do bnbs that are no longer possible.

Axl still looking like a tough matchup for Ram. And as I thought, timestop looks like it can be a nightmare that he can throw out anytime. My favorite part of the match was Ram’s little combo in the beginning of the second round and hearing her voice. 

I wish we could’ve seen more of Giovanna but her movement is snappy as hell. It honestly doesn’t look like she has a regular run, instead having a quick dash. Dragon install is just dragon install, giving Ky much better specials. All of them hit multiple times and it looks like he can do conversions of his DP mid screen. We also see slow and fast dust attacks in this with the slow one causing the launch that could only be done on counter before.

Sol vs Nagoriyuki was the most interesting one to me. It also shows how much of a disadvantage entering berserker state is for Nago. The health drain is massive and quick and opponents can punish it’s activation. No wonder Go1 wasn’t going for that in the exhibition. He’s definitely going to be hard for beginners to use. 

Nice how they just keep dropping gameplay lately. Hope they continue until the beta.