Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Vhozite said:

Did they show a brief clip of Nash? I thought they did but stream dropped right at that part for me bc phone internet. 

Not sure what to make of the V-Shift thing. I’ll have to play around with it.

They did during the balance patch portion, but I don't know enough about Nash to tell what's different. Looks like he combo'd off of V-skill 1 though.

I'm gonna be honest with you guys.... I think I'm a Capcom simp again.

Rose looks fuuuuuucking good fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm so fucking ready holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck

New V-Shift looks fucking clean fuck! I know I'm speaking way to soon on it but I honestly can't believe they actually added the one defensive mechanic people had hoped for.

Dan looks fun. He's a character I literally could give two shits about but he looks fun. Glad Dan fans have their boy back.

I'm buying the Season pass you can't stop me!!!!!

ORO TEASE OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan looked like one of the most fun and creative characters in the game. I love it.

I did notice we didn't see Rose use a reflect. Doesn't mean she doesn't have it, but with a fireball, a trap, and an air fireball I don't think she'll be struggling in full screen fireball wars either way.

I'm losing my mind thinking of what you can do with a V-SKILL SOUL SATELLITE

Didn't watch it. At work.

So let me get this straight. Rose has an air fireball? Is it horizontal or the same nonsense as Akuma?

VS Satellite!? What the... Fuck balance I guess.

What's this about V-Shift?

Hol up.... NEW TRAINING STAGE LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

Just now, Volt said:

Didn't watch it. At work.

So let me get this straight. Rose has an air fireball? Is it horizontal or the same nonsense as Akuma?

VS Satellite!? What the... Fuck balance I guess.

What's this about V-Shift?

Hol up.... NEW TRAINING STAGE LET'S GOOOOOO!!!

ROSE HAS AN AIR FIREBALL. It shoots down, with the angle depending on the button.

Soul satellite is her v-skill 2. Tap once for one orb, hold for a second. They revolve and have hitboxes.

V-skill 1 is a tarot card summon. Looks like she might summon a random card, which she can then use to buff herself, or throw at the opponent to debuff them.

She also has a trap move, where she places an orb on the screen that detonates after time. Returning moves include soul sprial and soul throw with different animations. Get a wallbounce off of EX soul throw.

V-shift uses one v bar to dodge backwards fully invincible. Can then respond with any attack to punish unsafe whiffed attacks, or input a specific v-attack move that quickly busts through whatever they're doing with apparent invincibility.

Man this is what the game needs!

Looks great

Rose def looks unfinished.

Dan, wow he looks great... and actually technical.

V shift is gonna make the game super defensive unless they are  cranking up offense to 10. Which I'm assuming is happening, other wise grapplers just got wayyy worse as well as pressure. 

Guessing the follow up attack to V shift is going to be negative on block otherwise it's already busted.

Don't know what changed at capcom (Ono)  but man great stream and great changes so far.

Well shit

Aoki collabing with Capcom is pretty cool. I actually had no idea CapCup is next week already, haven't been following Pro Tour at all throughout 2020

Rose is...looking alright I guess. I'm bothered by her hair the same way I am by Gill's - the concept art just doesn't directly translate to 3D as well. I think her SF4 hair looked much better. Soul Satellite being a V-skill is probably the most unexpected moment. You'd think it would be a V-Trigger but no. Still gotta see her Super too. She's clearly unfinished in general in this footage, like her shading isn't done completely yet. Her stage is beautiful but maybe should've been a bit more colorful. The Alpha original version was very bright time of day wise

Dan's voice acting just annoying as ever lmao, but he's so fucking wacky in this game now. He's actually kinda OD if you really think about it. And another character that completely shits on Ryu. Dan might just be top-3 shoto, unironically. I do a bit hate how his animations are a tad too "awkward", IMO Capcom found a better balance between him being a self-taught yet experienced martial artist

V-Shift is pretty sick however. But I can't help but laugh at how Capcom one by one brought advanced mechanics from SF4 and either turned them into a character-specific element or via another method. So now everybody has a meter-based invul backdash. Alternatively you could look at this like Dudley's sway back punch or Slayer's pilebunker. I do like how wild V is getting by the end of its life. 

Gotta wait to see them patchnotes now, pray for the low tiers. Place your bets who switches places with current top characters since it's a pretty much yearly tradition for this game

Watching the Rose footage again, some more observations:

She has both forward hard kick as well as standing hard kick, which appears to hop forward a bit.

She seems to have 3 standing medium kicks. There's her long range medium kick, her hopping close medium kick that beat throws in previous games, and I also saw a standing knee that she combo'd off of.

Her standing hard punch seriously looks like it has more range than Poison's.

Slide looks totally intact. At one point they popped Soul Satellite then did the slide for a surprise low combo.