Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

13 minutes ago, Alkipot said:

Haven't posted in quite a while, but the new SFV update has me interested in theg ame again. I guess everyone here left SRK?

Pretty much. I haven’t checked SRK in months, but the SFV lounge was dead last time I checked.

also, not everyone made it over, but most of us did

Edited by Mattatsu

I've always enjoyed interacting with Ono both as a fan and as a professional.  I know he can rub a lot of people the wrong way though so it's a mixed bag.  

It is completely imbecilic to assume he was right there developing the mechanics instead of what he was actually doing, which was be the negotiator for all the different sponsors and marketing partners that would put SFV in a good spot on the financial reports, which it eventually did as it now sits as Capcom's 8th best selling game all-time.  

Also the trickle down info that infuriated players didn't become a huge issue for SFV until Junior got promoted over him.  Before then Ono always kept people in the loop with near monthly updates for both the game and upcoming events.  

Edited by Psychoblue

There are things that Mangers, PM's, even bosses and supervisors don't know how to do, fix or handle when it comes down to the details... However when it's time for a project to be completed and they look over whatever needs to be looked over before submitting, if they see something they don't like or don't think fits a vision, guess what... they send it back and ask for revisions.

9 times out of 10 that's what Ono did... He was in a position of authority, he has a history with fighting games and he literally reignited the fighting game boom with SF4. 

So yes he has a heavy pull and say in what the public gets as a final project. No one is going to spend hours working on things to get told it needs to be revised, eventually you just give your boss what they want even if you know they clients are craving something different.

5 hours ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

It's nuts how much Ono must have been holding these guys back.

And why do you assume that it was Ono holding them back?

Do you still believe on the stupid rumors about his parting?

LMAO.

SFV is designed by committee.

Ono power on the game didn't go beyond management and ensuring that the people working on the game did their part.

Woshige, the battle director, is more responsible on how the game plays that Ono ever did, you doofus, and he still has to comply to whatever the committee decides.

He doesn't have cart blanc to do whatever he pleases.

Edited by Hecatom
36 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

So yes he has a heavy pull and say in what the public gets as a final project. No one is going to spend hours working on things to get told it needs to be revised, eventually you just give your boss what they want even if you know they clients are craving something different.

If this was true we would have gotten a new Darkstalkers game. He wouldn't have need to rally fan support if he had heavy pull.

3 hours ago, Skort said:

I personally think that Ono had very little to do with SFV's development. 

I honestly think he was there just for the image. The dude who announces stuff, comes on camera and hypes things up. He was well known, people liked him for the most part. Now, people are mindless drones so when shit does not go their way they quickly flock and point fingers to the main person they know, in this case old man Ono. 

I seriously doubt he was the one responsible for the clusterfuck that was SFV's development cycle. If he had some say into this, there's no way he was the main / only reason.

Ono was a producer.

Basically, the manager, ensuring that everyone on the project did their part.

If he had any responsibility or not, it would depend if the clusterfuck are direct result of his actions/inactions, but considering that we don't really know much about the internal process of Capcom, outside their constant lack of interest on investing on fgs, i would be willing to think he did the best he could with the cards he was given.

But i do agree that idiots like to blame him for shit he has no hands on, like our dumb friend Dark Phoenix here.

That still thinks that Ono was holding the team back, when by the time that SFV rolled he was more of one of the many producers on a committee.

Such animosity some imbeciles have against Ono that are willing to believe the stupid rumor where he was demoted and fired from capcom because his vision for SFVI was not well received internally, despite Ono not being on any producer role for years after SFV released, and instead being the head of the Esports side.

People should be actually grateful that Ono was involved with the fg division on Capcom, because if it wasnt for him, SF will probably never have come back at all (for better or worse), since he was the one that kept pushing for years that capcom should do a new fg, in a time that capcom was willing to let the franchise to die.

But people are willing to believe whatever bullshit as long as it lets them keep their already preconceived views afloat, and Ono being the public figure it was, is an easy scapegoat. 

11 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

And why do you assume that it was Ono holding them back?

Do you still believe on the stupid rumors about his parting?

LMAO.

SFV is designed by committee.

Ono power on the game didn't go beyond management and ensuring that the people working on the game did their part.

Woshige, the battle director, is more responsible on how the game plays that Ono ever did, you doofus, and he still has to comply to whatever the committee decides.

He doesn't have cart blanc to do whatever he pleases.

I don't know of any rumor like that, all I know is Ono left or got fired and things have been better since around that exact time. 

My company recently went through the same thing,  1 VP left and things changed up significantly as soon as they left, relationships, how people expressed themselves and the work. This VP wasn't an engineer or designers but had the power to influence his  PM's to make sure they told there works to make sure things were delivered a certain way because that how  he wanted it or felt it was best.

No one is saying Ono was  getting sets in with Woshige saying nerf or buff this.:coffee:

41 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

There are things that Mangers, PM's, even bosses and supervisors don't know how to do, fix or handle when it comes down to the details... However when it's time for a project to be completed and they look over whatever needs to be looked over before submitting, if they see something they don't like or don't think fits a vision, guess what... they send it back and ask for revisions.

9 times out of 10 that's what Ono did... He was in a position of authority, he has a history with fighting games and he literally reignited the fighting game boom with SF4. 

Man, you have to be truly stupid to think that Ono.

A mid tier manager on a fucking corporation has the pull to decide what we get and what not.

If that was true, Ono wouldn't had needed to fight for years to get SFIV greenlit.

SFV would have been fully financed by Capcom, instead of being a game money hated by Sony.

DarkStalkers would have been a reality by now.

Instead of believing stupid rumors like a gullible idiot do a little research.

Just watching at the fucking credits of the game would already debunk a lot of the shit you are posting.

Just by your logic, SFV would have been already moved out of whatever cluster fuck you think Ono did, when he was no longer the producer on it after SFV released, since he was shifted laterally to a different division within capcom.

Yet is until the probable last year of the game we are seeing Capcom stirring the pot with some crazy mechanics, as if SFV being in its last legs motivates them to go crazy, much like SFIV did with Ultra, a game which Ono actually produced and went full crazy on its last year with the mechanical additions.

Yet, i don't see your stupid ass saying it was Ono holding them back, LMAO, GTFO with that stupid shit.

4 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Man, you have to be truly stupid to think that Ono.

A mid tier manager on a fucking corporation has the pull to decide what we get and what not.

If that was true, Ono wouldn't had needed to fight for years to get SFIV greenlit.

SFV would have been fully financed by Capcom, instead of being a game money hated by Sony.

DarkStalkers would have been a reality by now.

Instead of believing stupid rumors like a gullible idiot do a little research.

Just watching at the fucking credits of the game would already debunk a lot of the shit you are posting.

Just by your logic, SFV would have been already moved out of whatever cluster fuck you think Ono did, when he was no longer the producer on it after SFV released, since he was shifted laterally to a different division within capcom.

Yet is until the probable last year of the game we are seeing Capcom stirring the pot with some crazy mechanics, as if SFV being in its last legs motivates them to go crazy, much like SFIV did with Ultra, a game which Ono actually produced and went full crazy on its last year with the mechanical additions.

Yet, i don't see your stupid ass saying it was Ono holding them back, LMAO, GTFO with that stupid shit.

OK guy whatever you say

6 minutes ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

I don't know of any rumor like that, all I know is Ono left or got fired and things have been better since around that exact time. 

My company recently went through the same thing,  1 VP left and things changed up significantly as soon as they left, relationships, how people expressed themselves and the work. This VP wasn't an engineer or designers but had the power to influence his  PM's to make sure they told there works to make sure things were delivered a certain way because that how  he wanted it or felt it was best.

No one is saying Ono was  getting sets in with Woshige saying nerf or buff this.:coffee:

Ono didn't get fired you turd.

He retired some time after having a non disclosed health issue that warranted him to leave the company for 6 months and then being transferred laterally to a new division.

One year after SFV released and He didn't have any power over SFV, with all the decisions being made by the MonHun guy since he took over the FG division.

Just now, Hecatom said:

Ono didn't get fired you turd.

He retired some time after having a non disclosed health issue that warranted him to leave the company for 6 months and then being transferred laterally to a new division.

One year after SFV released and He didn't have any power over SFV, with all the decisions being made by the MonHun guy since he took over the FG division.

Not going back and forth with someone that doesn't read nor understand.

You got it boss

1 hour ago, Psychoblue said:

I've always enjoyed interacting with Ono both as a fan and as a professional.  I know he can rub a lot of people the wrong way though so it's a mixed bag.  

It is completely imbecilic to assume he was right there developing the mechanics instead of what he was actually doing, which was be the negotiator for all the different sponsors and marketing partners that would put SFV in a good spot on the financial reports, which it eventually did as it now sits as Capcom's 8th best selling game all-time.  

Also the trickle down info that infuriated players didn't become a huge issue for SFV until Junior got promoted over him.  Before then Ono always kept people in the loop with near monthly updates for both the game and upcoming events.  

Nah the trickle down info has been happening since before SFV even came out. 

"Alex trailer" and " Announcement of an announcement"  memes were there day one because of how poorly Capcom communicates with the player base. To the point Capcom Japan  scrapped the original time table in season one that Capcom USA revealed to us all. I am not sure if I would say that makes it Ono's fault however it did exist early.

Edited by HonebamiX
1 minute ago, TheDarkPhoenix said:

Not going back and forth with someone that doesn't read nor understand.

You got it boss

Man i love when people do this kind of cope out bullshit response because they don't have a way to back up their shit.

I did read and did understand.

You are conflating your own personal experience as a fact that it was what happened at capcom.

But yeah, do whatever you want.

If you want to believe stupid shit, and ignore facts is your pejorative.

10 minutes ago, Skort said:

I dare ask again, where are the Juri costumes ? They didn't even preview and she won lol. Roadmap shows them at the same time with Dan but not even a single picture preview is weird to me....

If delayed i'm coming for Capcom...

298226e5d53853d4477b1b24e68b110a.gif

Am I the only one that started hearing Double Dragon music when I saw this?

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

If data mine is true she gets 3 , someone datamined a sexy nurse costume for her lol.

Ah yes, a sexy nurse costume from the same company that said they want to tone down the sexualization of their characters.

Why is it not surprising that that was hot air considering how much money they make selling so much skin to their horny playerbase.

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

No, your enjoyment from music is subjective.

There are qualitative parameters you can judge most if not all forms of art.

The whole "subjective" thing started with post modernism.

Alright your opinion is objectively trash.

Now excuse me, while I have to yell Louder!!!! as O.Rugals Theme comes back on on my playlist.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ah yes, a sexy nurse costume from the same company that said they want to tone down the sexualization of their characters.

Well, Capcom didn't say that.

This idea comes from the leaked documents that weren't meant to be public statements, as far as I know they weren't even something Capcom decided but rather part of a series of suggestions made to Capcom of Japan that was up to them to consider, and if I recall correctly it was less of a direct call to tone down sexualization and more of an argument to be more self-aware about it, more aware about general depictions of women and try to keep it balanced with the male cast.

But then again, I don't want to get between you and your desperate need to shit on Capcom to compensate the perceived slights against anime games.

The leak is legit because the latest previews of Dan's goofy costume confirms it. 

The leak / data mine. As you can see Dan has a goofy outfit, this screenshot was  data mined before they previewed the Dan costume. You can see the refined two costumes for Juri, her nurse one, Dan's story and costumes, Akira and her brother Daigo and a alternate costume for Rose.

a3efcb66f8f7d21c2e6297bed7047bcf703d8c93