Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

45 minutes ago, Skort said:

Is there any good place to read on Ibuki lore ? 

I refuse to believe her entire story is  trying to find guys and skip her ninja class.

( don't ask btw )

I actually find Ibuki's recent characterization somewhat bothersome. 

Or, overexaggerated (and to be fair, at least 75% of the cast are guilty of this to varying degrees). 

Ibuki in III was shown to be relatively competent when given certain tasks while also still be aware of her own looks and retain just a degree of childishness. She also still yearned to live a ordinary life when her training was complete. 

I was happy when she was brought back in SFIV, despite the odd characterization (though, she is apparently "young and stupid" by the timeline of IV). 

And, for a odd design choice, Ibuki's boobs took a nerf for some odd reason, despite Capcom outright stating (and showing) that her size was even bigger than Chun's (which *was* saying something). 

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Is there any good place to read on Ibuki lore ? 

I refuse to believe her entire story is  trying to find guys and skip her ninja class.

( don't ask btw )

In New Generation/Second Impact she was hired to receive the G file from Gill's secret society. Gill just hands it to her in her ending. In Third Strike she's tasked with fighting Oro to complete her ninja training. Oro hits on her in the pre match dialogue.

54 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I actually find Ibuki's recent characterization somewhat bothersome. 

Or, overexaggerated (and to be fair, at least 75% of the cast are guilty of this to varying degrees). 

Ibuki in III was shown to be relatively competent when given certain tasks while also still be aware of her own looks and retain just a degree of childishness. She also still yearned to live a ordinary life when her training was complete. 

I was happy when she was brought back in SFIV, despite the odd characterization (though, she is apparently "young and stupid" by the timeline of IV). 

And, for a odd design choice, Ibuki's boobs took a nerf for some odd reason, despite Capcom outright stating (and showing) that her size was even bigger than Chun's (which *was* saying something). 

To be fair, IV and V are prequels and she's kinda better in V. Still 100% jailbait thot and possibly hornier than Sakura, but at least she has a mission this time to show that she's not just a ball of lust.

Prequel time also explains why her tiddies are nerfed. They canonically get bigger than Chun's. Please SF6, please take place after SF3.

Gio seems pretty cool. Kinda surprised they didn't go over her passive thing about gaining an attack boost when she has full meter or w/e.

Also kinda surprised she doesn't actually have a meterless DP. Looks like she can really rush people down like Cammy but she might end up being that character who kinda folds under pressure herself. Guess we'll see. 

11 hours ago, BornWinner said:

And that’s everyone. Tomorrow will talk about the game’s mechanics.

This might be an uninformed question but...does she not have a unique mechanic or something? Where is that shit that makes her turn green? Why is her dog spirit nothing more than a blunt weapon lol?

This character video makes the character seem hella basic. 

Edited by Vhozite
1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

This might be an uninformed question but...does she not have a unique mechanic or something? Where is that shit that makes her turn green? Why is her dog spirit nothing more than a blunt weapon lol?

This character video makes the character seem hella basic. 

She does have a unique mechanic. She gets a damage buff when the tension meter increases. If she just sits on her meter she'll get stronger. 

Actual SFV news and more Strive footage have roused me from my FF14 and holiday induced torpor. Hope the holidays treated everyone well. 

Vshift is neato. I'm personally more curious about what the rebalance does but if nothing else I appreciate them throwing something new into the mix (would have bet money the "new mechanic" was just a 2nd CA). 

Seriously debating picking up Strive digitally this week to be able to play during the beta.  Regardless, game is looking good.

Just now, BornWinner said:

Every Ky player in one of these videos play like they have something to prove. Please just let the new characters win.

They tryna prove that Ky is gonna be a problem. 

I haven't seen Ky this good in a while. Stun Edges are strong, normals got good range, Meme Sever got cut for a move that I can only describe as a swiss army knife...

I got the feeling this character is so good I could get outta Rookie with him. 🤣

Meanwhile, on the other side of the tier spectrum... Nagoriyuki and Giovanna ain't looking so good. 

Every match I've seen of Nagoriyuki had him getting in hot water because of Blood Rage. He might have legit defensive issues as well.

Giovanna just doesn't seem to have the toolkit to do well. It's like she brought a knife to a gun fight.

55 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

Seriously debating picking up Strive digitally this week to be able to play during the beta.  Regardless, game is looking good.

Good to see you back!

From what i uunderstand, the beta is free for everyone. Pre-ordering it just gives you one day early access.

34 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Every Ky player in one of these videos play like they have something to prove. Please just let the new characters win.

I actually like this lol. Everyone else stops actually trying halfway through when they start winning and it’s extremely obvious. 

9 minutes ago, Volt said:

They tryna prove that Ky is gonna be a problem.

I’m not going to say Ky doesn’t look good. That man has everything and the kitchen sink.

But I’m also not going to think that Nago and Gio are bad yet. People are not going to take to two completely new characters easily, especially Nago who is very unorthodox. The players in these vids keep going for special to special instead of balancing it out.

5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:
39 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I actually like this lol. Everyone else stops actually trying halfway through when they start winning and it’s extremely obvious. 

Yeah, I don’t mind the Ky players doing good. It’s just that he’s way mismatched against anyone they’re going against. 

2 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

They didn't show any counter play during the showcase. I want to know how to blow it up day1 💀

You can definitely bait it with something with short recovery and then block the break.

Or maybe just go full unga. You can cancel normals that hit the phantom hitbox.

I can already see the likes of Gief and Abigail just armoring through the break. 🤣

32 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Good to see you back!

From what i uunderstand, the beta is free for everyone. Pre-ordering it just gives you one day early access.

Thanks for the reminder. I'm so used to betas as preorder incentives I forgot there was a free portion. 

Definitely gotta set asife time for that.

Also I guess I should make sure SFV updates. Even if the changes don't bring me back in it'll be good to play people here when I can. 

7 minutes ago, Flackaveli said:

Instead of delay tech we delay shifting boyzz 

#TAKETHETHROW into the  trash.png

I'll focus all three of my brain cells into baiting a shift into VT2 Parry with Ryu. 🤣

Edit: Any of you planning to stream the Strive Beta?

Edited by Volt
1 hour ago, BornWinner said:

I’m not going to say Ky doesn’t look good. That man has everything and the kitchen sink.

But I’m also not going to think that Nago and Gio are bad yet

idk any character whose super is spinning bird kick is pretty sus to me.

Also Ky is Jesus shoto with a sword. Of course everyone knows how to play him.