Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

14 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

I doubt it you fucking twat.

Also, i wouldnt stop bitching about that POS ever.

If it annoys you, good, not my goddamn problem 🤣

It is more amusing than anything else.

Besides you want this Netcode in an actual GG.

So just go and play Accent Core, there is nothing stoping you outside of your own inability to press a button.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

It is more amusing than anything else.

Besides you want this Netcode in an actual GG.

So just go and play Accent Core, there is nothing stoping you outside of your own inability to press a button.

In consoles mofo.

And in more games than just AC.

Learn to read.

7 minutes ago, misterBee said:

The amount of tears you shed over Strive makes me laugh every time.

Pffffffffft

Is not tears nigglet.

I just think that is healthy to let out my dissapointment over the game.

Tears would have been fucking up my scene and putting roadblocks over any potential Strive gatherings or torunaments and events.

Which is why i stepped down from organizing events and let those who are interested on running stuff for SF Strive to handle the scene from now on.

As far as i know, i have not violated any rule, and have never chastised anyone for complaining about the games that annoy them.

So if unless there is a change about that and is made explicitly prohibited, i wouldnt stop.

Besides.

Is always good to have one or to contrarians that keep the hype balanced with anti hype 🤣

37 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Pffffffffft

Is not tears nigglet.

I just think that is healthy to let out my dissapointment over the game.

Tears would have been fucking up my scene and putting roadblocks over any potential Strive gatherings or torunaments and events.

Which is why i stepped down from organizing events and let those who are interested on running stuff for SF Strive to handle the scene from now on.

As far as i know, i have not violated any rule, and have never chastised anyone for complaining about the games that annoy them.

So if unless there is a change about that and is made explicitly prohibited, i wouldnt stop.

Besides.

Is always good to have one or to contrarians that keep the hype balanced with anti hype 🤣

I didn't say you broke any rules or that you're doing anything wrong.  I don't think anybody has told you that you need to stop crying about the game either.

What I AM saying is that it's funny that every time someone mentions Strive you start going in like ArcSys killed your dog and peed on your front lawn. 🙃

5 minutes ago, misterBee said:

I didn't say you broke any rules or that you're doing anything wrong.  I don't think anybody has told you that you need to stop crying about the game either.

What I AM saying is that it's funny that every time someone mentions Strive you start going in like ArcSys killed your dog and peed on your front lawn. 🙃

Yeah, i think the game is garbage and will kill the series, and will keep posting about it when the subject arises.

As you find amusing that i bitch about it, i find amusing that people say will play it, but knowing well the gaming habits of everyone here, it will be left behind in less of a month.

Most people here don't play the games they like, they will play even less a game they keep being on the fence about it.

Dunno why they kid themselves 🤣

44 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Mm yes I feel so healthy and mentally stable complaining about something that will never affect my life because I choose not to buy it. Honey, where is the whey powder?

Pfffft.

Assuming that my bitching about the game affects me at a personal level, lmao.

7 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

idk bout that man, that's a pretty high bar to clear. 😂

I'd say they're about equal.

23 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

As you find amusing that i bitch about it, i find amusing that people say will play it, but knowing well the gaming habits of everyone here, it will be left behind in less of a month.

Most people here don't play the games they like, they will play even less a game they keep being on the fence about it.

Dunno why they kid themselves 🤣

I don't see how much other people play the game has anything to do with it.

You just seem salty that other people might possibly enjoy or like the game that is KILLING THE GG SCENE!!!!!!! 🔥

As if anybody cares about old GG or Xrd in 2021 anyway.

troll dancing GIF

3 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Ya know you're quite knowledgeable about FGs despite what people say. 🙏

In other news, 18f burst seems to say it's a scrub-saver mechanic. 

Is on par with what the Burst has been in the past.

unknown.png

That is the frame data of AC+R

41 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

I had a friend who was gonna go all in on Strive until he learned Chipp doesn't have his teleport anymore. Now he's doubting if he wants to play the game now. Man, I didn't know the crack ninja got fucked that hard. Guess Pot won't have to struggle landing a hit on him now.

Regarding his teleport, I don’t see as many projectiles thrown all over the screen like I saw in Rev2, ao I don’t know if he needs it... Now maybe I’m missing them in the clips I see, but I haven’t seen as much shit on the screen to navigate around.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Idc what game it is my eyes bleed every time I see a super do absolutely fuck all damage because of scaling. Maximum 50% scaling on supers is one of the things SFV does right. 

Damage scaling is actually the devil.

It did like, 20% tho.

The problem with this is that:
1 - Nago fuckin sucks.

2 - Reversal supers usually do less damage.

3 - And the worst part. Damage scales *per hit* on anime games, not per move like SF.

ArcSys games usually also have fixed 50% scaling on supers as well.

If he had the Bloodrage bonk, he'd do like, 35% with the super alone.

Speaking of Nago sucks, here's something to make your eyes bleed for real.

HiFight is actually obviously wrong here, Bloodrage trigger is actually UNSAFE. ON GUARD CRUSH.

Evil Canadian confirmed it multiple times on stream as well.

Edited by Volt
21 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Regarding his teleport, I don’t see as many projectiles thrown all over the screen like I saw in Rev2, ao I don’t know if he needs it... Now maybe I’m missing them in the clips I see, but I haven’t seen as much shit on the screen to navigate around.

Chipp is a completely different character without his teleport. He believes the character got put in a wheelchair and robbed of his gameplay identity. I understand where he's coming from. Seeing your main become unrecognizable is a motivation killer. Ask any Juri main who played her in SF4 thinks of her SFV incarnation. 

24 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

You sure you wanna go down this route?

Ironically, I got a good eye for that. Good luck staying hydrated.

2 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Man.

Niggas just want Giovanna's titties their face. 

Like some KOFXIV Angel Climax hittin' y'all up 

I know, right?

These degenerates ignoring that ass, smh.

Speaking of which, I got a good eye for that too. I'm giving the Brazilian Seal of Assproval to her. 👍

58 minutes ago, Volt said:

3 - And the worst part. Damage scales *per hit* on anime games, not per move like SF.

Just a correction.

Damage on SF is scalled by the number of hits.

Hypothetical numbers

Your first hit does 100%

2nd and 3rd 90%

4th and 5th 80% and so on.

GG (dunno about SF Strive) and other games have proration.

Where the value of the scalling is dependant of the hit you used.

So, lets say sol has (again hypothetical values) a proration value of 70% of scalling on P

This means that if he starts any combo with P, it wouldnt matter its place on the combo, the next attack will do 70% damage.

I dont remember well, but iirc it stacks on old games (it would make sense that it does seeing how the damage gets lower as the combo goes), this was in conjuction with the Risc/Guard bar which added multipliers on top of it.

Prorating is different than Damage scaling.

Since it opens shit like Slayer where he has positive proration where the next hit does more damage instead of scalling it down, lol.

Also, on older GG the moves had values for 1st hit and other instances.

Som  you could see something like P having a shit value as starter but better prorating values if used mid combo

Edited by Hecatom
59 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

The teleport wasnt only a get in tool, but a mixup tool.

It was one of the things that made playing with Chipp Fun

3 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

Just a correction.

Damage on SF is scalled by the number of hits.

Hypothetical numbers

Your first hit does 100%

2nd and 3rd 90%

4th and 5th 80% and so on.

I wish I could check this right now, but this might be right.

5 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

GG (dunno about SF Strive) and other games have proration.

Where the value of the scalling is dependant of the hit you used.

So, lets say sol has (again hypothetical values) a proration value of 70% of scalling on P

This means that if he starts any combo with P, it wouldnt matter its place on the combo, the next attack will do 70% damage.

I dont remember well, but iirc it stacks on old games (it would make sense that it does seeing how the damage gets lower as the combo goes), this was in conjuction with the Risc/Guard bar which added multipliers on top of it.

Prorating is different than Damage scaling.

Since it opens shit like Slayer where he has positive proration where the next hit does more damage instead of scalling it down, lol.

Yeah, I don't really know the specifics of GG, so I made a broad statement about anime.

Iirc, Blazblue got a bunch of values like char specific combo rate, starting proration and individual move proration, yadda yadda to reach the actual scaling and stuff.

The point is, damage gets lower by the hit. 

Thanks for the clarification tho. Appreciate it.

18 minutes ago, Volt said:

I wish I could check this right now, but this might be right.

Yeah, I don't really know the specifics of GG, so I made a broad statement about anime.

Iirc, Blazblue got a bunch of values like char specific combo rate, starting proration and individual move proration, yadda yadda to reach the actual scaling and stuff.

The point is, damage gets lower by the hit. 

Thanks for the clarification tho. Appreciate it.

According to the SF wikia

1 and 2 100%

3 80%

4 70%

5 60%

6 50%

7 40%

8 30%

9 20%

10 and more 10%

With VT adding 2 hits to the counter to the scalling , Crush Counters adding 2 as well.

Some moves like Ibuki VT II have unique rules it seems.

Projection is different because depending on how you arrange the moves on the combo, even if they are all the same moves/hits and number of hits on the combo counter, you will get different damage vaues based on how you arrange them.

A really easy combo to look this is one of regular Broly bnbs on DBFZ.

Where instead of doing S, M jc S, M, people do S, M jc M, S, since this adds more damage to it, lol

It is why you see optimal combos going for better starters on neutral since stuff like S/P,K will kill any damage potential.

Edited by Hecatom