Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

5 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Fun Fact: In Strive, hitting Chipp’s clones will damage him. So when you hit a clone and Chipp at the same time...

Snip

Ok, but why tho?

I understand him having weak health, but that is kind of excessive.

He already lost some of his most important tools and now he also has that limitation on the ones that still has?

Fucking kek

2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

What about that WTF clip posted earlier? Does he have iframes on his airdash? 

I dont know about that. 

Since i dont know if Zato's move is a air to ground move, for example. 

Or if is universal to everyone.

You should ask that to someone playing in the beta. 

12 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

The first few seconds of the video is just me toying around with hit confirms on block and on hit before doing the actual combo. 

If you're gonna do that, set it to also do random counterhit. Doing random cr.mps with that on will help you react to the countehit  marker popping up and converting into cr.mk/st.hp.  Cammy doesn't have a lot of things to optimize so getting good at that one (which is entirely possible with practice sinced you have forever to react) leads to more conversions that go straight into her pressure.

Also Strive already sucks. Game has some wack rollback netcode nobody wanted so poor countries can't play with each other anymore. Also has ToD's:

This is not Guilty Gear at all. There is literally no neutral being played here.

Game is going to die when Dan is released.

10 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

kids like the fork knife game

BTW thanks for the bare basics tutorial vid you did.  Literally nobody else explained Risc; I assumed it was an Aplha3 style guard break gauge. 

Giovanna guide when?  I hear all kinds of conflicting things about her. 

Also: juggle limit? Juggle system? Wall splat vs break?  I'm missing how all of these work

Edited by Pair of Rooks
2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

BTW thanks for the bare basics tutorial vid you did.  Literally nobody else explained Risc; I assumed it was an Aplha3 style guard break gauge. 

Giovanna guide when?  I hear all kinds of conflicting things about her. 

Also: juggle limit? Juggle system? Wall splat vs break?  I'm missing how all of these work

Don't think there is a juggle limit. Multiple characters have infinites that side switch so they don't have to hit the wall

Also someone found out you can stall nagoriyuki's blood rage by mashing jab lol

Edited by Flighflighflugit
10 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Seriously? Because beta or is infinites a normal GG thing?  

Definitely beta. Sol can jump cancel certain specials that aren't supposed to even be to be cancelled into. Though I'm not sure if his is an actual true infinite. Giovanni seems to have a semi easy one

Damn I butchered that sentence. Hard to type when your wife keeps talking to you 🤣

Edited by Flighflighflugit
22 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Seriously? Because beta or is infinites a normal GG thing?  

I previous GGs from XX onwards you had the combination of the guard bar/risc and hit stun decay to avoid infinites.

You could still have some loops, but due the 2 systems in place, you were assured that the combo will end with the character poping out of it.

Dunno if they changed anything on Strive, but from the looks of it, they probably set moves with either less proration on the hitstun decay, or Risc was overhauled in a way that makes the "TODs"/Infinites an easier thing to happen.

They could be also a thing due how there seems to be a new special hitstun state in the air, like in the case of Giovanna in combination on how she gets possitioned on the screen relative to the opponent.

In short, no. Infinites have not been a thing on GG in almost 2 decades.

Edit

As for your question about Juggle Limits

I can't speak for strive.

But juggles on GG had never had a juggle limit per se.

It all depended of the combination of Hitstun decay and Risc/Guar bar.

The idea is that each moves prorates the next hitstun value of the following move in the combo.

In addition to that, you had the guard bar/risc meter, that added multipliers to say it in a way, where made your character weight more, like a gravity value, so it was harder to juggle the opponent the longer the combo went.

The risc/guard bar also acted as a special modifier, where the more full it was, then your attacks were treated as counter hits.

Edited by Hecatom