Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

6 hours ago, Volt said:
Spoiler

Apparently, there were some issues with the Strive Beta servers and ArcSys is already working to solve them. 

I've been without electricity over the last 24 hours (wiring issues) so I'm not really in the loop right now, but I'll keep an eye out for news.

Speaking of "news"... Take a look at the latest news from Eventscrubs.

EScrubs_at_journalism.png 

If you take a closer look, you'll notice several issues here. The first and most obvious is that there was no "tech roundup" or "highlight matches" articles.

The second is that literally not one positive thing was said about the game, so you can notice a bit of a smear campaign going on.

This is made even worse by the time of these articles. Notice how every article has been either plain or negative for the last three days.

Now remember that Eventhubs is the current premier site for FG news. A monkey with a typewriter could've done a better job at detailing news and hyping up Strive. Even I did a better job in this thread. Unironically.

Just food for thought.

Ok, are you honestly surprised here?

Eventscrubs are known for this, they try to praise their caplords for literally every dumb decision they make and try to undermine concurrence at every possible occasion.

Also if you want a monkey with a typewritter, I'm sure Evil Canadian will fill that spot for you

8 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Are GG tournaments typically FT3? Cause holy F these matches are quick... I’m also getting worked with my weak-ass Millia, but I’m surprised at how little is needed to kill me.

I've heard that the damage is extra high in Strive, but it might just be for the beta, to get you back to that excellent lobby that needs more testing. 😏

8 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ok, are you honestly surprised here?

Not in the slightest. We all know EScrubs is trash. I'm pissed off at how we don't have any options besides goddamn Twitter for FG News.

8 hours ago, Hecatom said:

GG2 story was whack as fuck.

But i have to say that its gameplay was ahead of its time, it is really fun to play, if you are willing to ignore the jank that has in some places.

GG2 story was pretty good, FOH. 🤣

The gameplay really was that sick tho. Steep learning curve, but it was really sick. Netcode was surprisingly good too, I did manage to play with 3 americans the one time I got to play online and it wasn't a dumpster fire.

22 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

BTW thanks for the bare basics tutorial vid you did.  Literally nobody else explained Risc; I assumed it was an Aplha3 style guard break gauge. 

Giovanna guide when?  I hear all kinds of conflicting things about her. 

Also: juggle limit? Juggle system? Wall splat vs break?  I'm missing how all of these work

Far as I can tell theres no juggle limit at all

which is why there's like 3 infinites already

but not 100% sure so not making video on it yet :-0

3 minutes ago, EvilCanadian said:

Far as I can tell theres no juggle limit at all

which is why there's like 3 infinites already

but not 100% sure so not making video on it yet :-0

I'm pretty sure Heca already mentioned this, but GG doesn't really have juggle limits or specific juggle moves like SF.

There are infinites because hitstun decay and proration seem to be borked for some moves. Good thing they got caught in the beta instead of release, huh? 🤣

35 minutes ago, Volt said:

There are infinites because hitstun decay and proration seem to be borked for some moves. Good thing they got caught in the beta instead of release, huh? 🤣

I hope they don't patch shit tbh. The combo flexibility in this game is pretty crazy... I’m nowhere near reaching its potential, but you can see its really wide open from watching dozens of clips on twitter from just one character, and trying to see what you can come up with is fun as hell.

3 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Lol, no worries

So fun story (actually fun not ironic fun):

Meeting my girlfriend (feels weird to say but I guess it's appropriate) for brunch today. She asks if it's cool if she swings by early so we can have sex beforehand. Of course I say yes. 

Cut to this morning and I figured I'd have time to hop on and play until 10 or so. Apparently she had a more aggressive timeline in mind. 

I did manage to get one match in. Purposefully went to the Japan lobby. Got my ass absolutely stomped - I have a long way to go in this game - but it was for science! 

From Maryland to Japan I was able to play the full match (or whatever you call the mashing I did) with visible rollbacks here and there but way less than you'd think. Felt very playable. And that is probably the most extreme situation I can manufacture (maybe SE Asia?)

Want to play more but gonna be on limited time today. Should have time tomorrow evening for sure. 

@Skort Seems like your go-to is to cancel a hit into fireball. Try and cancel into medium bolt charge (shoulder) whenever you can for the knockdown. After the medium bolt charge, the can't back rise. If you dash forward and do standing lp, you'll be +1 and meaty them if they quick get up. Then you can counter hit combo stand lp into cr mp into another bolt charge, or ex fireball if you aren't confident in your confirms.

Edited by Yiceman