Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

The hard part is not letting the desire for novelty/excitement be the main driving factor all of the time. In my experience that leads to a lot of jumping around

I miss our long PMs in SRK man, you always had a way of sorting me out lol. Yes, this is it. I keep looking for quick “pick me ups”, instead of long-term gains... Now I just need to determine what I want long term gains in and stick to it. Thanks man.

and yes, we need to play strive when we can.

1 minute ago, Illwill88 said:

I hate to be greedy but I really hope they add full cross play into strive. We could all play each other without worrying about who lives where and all that. 

Add me into no time to play camp. Between being states away from home most of the time and having kids, really getting to grind and learn a game is tough to do.

ArcSys did say they were interested in it.

And we all know how that turned out regarding rollback... 👀

9 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I still want to know why everyone is so freaked out about the Netcode.

They either never played on real rollback or ignored AC+Rs Update completly.

The Fools, they miss out on so much!

I definitely didn't ignore +R I have no way to play it.  If I could have gotten it I would have, hell I bought kof2002 last week just because it was getting the netcode patch.  

Plus this game is new, beautiful, has all the hype going.

Off the top of my head only KI,MK, and skull girls shipped with good netcode so as far as the fgc goes I see why it's getting so much buzz

7 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

(Imagine asking this in the SFV thread like it's a mystery.😂). 

I'm gonna convert you all into anime player!

Even worse, I'm gonna turn you all into Blazblue player!
As soon as I get the opportunity to find the Holy Grail and exchange it at ASW for the Rollback Upgrade for CF and Crossplay as well......

Now that I think about it, if ASW makes Crossplay, they will do it with own servers to cut a giant amount of costs, that means they should have no problems adding Crossplay to CF and Tag after that.
THEY CAN DO IT, I BELIEVE IN THEM!!!

Edited by Mr.Cipher
40 minutes ago, Illwill88 said:

I hate to be greedy but I really hope they add full cross play into strive. We could all play each other without worrying about who lives where and all that. 

Add me into no time to play camp. Between being states away from home most of the time and having kids, really getting to grind and learn a game is tough to do.

Yeah crossplay makes any FG a day -1 buy for me. I’m mainly on PC so i won’t be able to play most of y’all here without that.

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

I'm Megaman-ing the fuck out of this. Thank you for the reference material... 

I also appreciate the different characters in use so I'll have a clue of what to expect. 

I've been unironically swiping every kind of tech posted in the Strive Hub Discord out of spite since I was banned and jamming it in the SFV Lounge Discord. If you need something for a character, I probably got something.

Ironically, I got banned because I said it was boneheaded for the admin to not want to make a matchmaking channel in a Fighting Game Discord "because he doesn't want to moderate that too and deal with shitposts". 🤣

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

You know, this isn't the first time we've all heard about godlike netcode in a pre-release limited beta.

Let's see if it all melts down under the load of post launch like most other games have.

We at least know for sure it's rollback.

Not being able to set Delay+Rollback like +R and 02UM is a major concern for me, but at least Sonicfox played Go1 on WiFi and it was good. That's better than most of the garbage out there at least. 🤣

1 hour ago, Reticently said:

You know, this isn't the first time we've all heard about godlike netcode in a pre-release limited beta.

Let's see if it all melts down under the load of post launch like most other games have.

I think this is a very good point and it is definitely worth tempering expectations. 

However the initial results are at least really solid. People immediately started testing long distance connections and they seem to be holding up. 

Absolutely worth putting an asterisk next to it until everyone gets a chance to bang on it in the wild (giggity)  but as Jocelot said it seems to have better bones than SFVs beta (and no crossplay at launch which has been a confounding connection factor for SFV).

If this game didn't have rollback I wouldn't even consider buying it. 

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

If this game didn't have rollback I wouldn't even consider buying it. 

Yeah, it's pretty safe to say that if a FG launches with no rollback at this point, don't even bother.

BBCF actually has solid delay netcode, hell, I can play Cipher, but just not having that "Rollback Seal" means people won't even give it the time of day, so it'll be a Discord fighter at best.

The way ArcSys been moving though, that's a different story. They got Mike "No Game" Z to help them with the netcode, used +R as the real beta so people actually know it's not just "Rollback", it's the real deal, and then they jammed it in Strive.

The *one* thing that concerns me is if we can't actually set some Delay and the process is fully automatic like SFV. 5 frames of rollback is bad. Teleport city. If we can fine tune it for lobbies? GG. It'll be blessed.

As for a fairly bad case scenario that did pop up in the beta... Take your own conclusions.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DifficultSmallSandstormMikeHogu-wf8_dASVYR5mplSX

270ms. 7 Rollback frames, I'll actually make sure to tune in to Leffen's stream more often because iirc, he's on Sweden, so pretty much no one was close to him. Good for stress tests.

6 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

My boy Kyo just came by to say "Sup!" 

I notice his Climax (if it is called that) is a projectile. 

For those who love to whiff punish people... This could be highly beneficial to y'all who might be interested. 
Presenting Kyo Kusanagi. 

That Goodbye Esaka remix is fire.

Yes the pun was intentional. 🙃

1 hour ago, ZioSerpe said:

I was expecting more Rose, Dan and v-shift talk in here. I listen to the EH podcast so I don't understand how you can  discuss anything else.

V-Shift was a hot topic for all of 10 minutes until the Strive Beta dropped with actually playable netcode. 🤣

It's really hard to not get hype for that.