Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

They don’t have to break though. In the exhibition Nash shifts out of Guile’s blockstring and goes straight into Super.

Yeah, trying to do silly stuff when they have a full bar is just asking to eat a raw CA.

Realistically though, break will be the best option for a lot of the cast that just don't have the reach to do a better punish, the ones that do will do some lunging thing like Cammy's Spiral Arrow anyway.

What do you think about raw Shift?

I've seen a few people getting overly dramatic about the V-shift, declaring some moves or characters "dead" now because of it. It's like they forget it uses a full V bar to activate. Sure they get half of that back if they guess right on the shift, but if that happens often enough to matter, it sounds like your offense is just predictable. People are not going to be using it on every single mix-up you do. And I think the best way to "bait" the shift is to just do nothing sometimes. Let them blow their meter and take a step forward.

I think a lot of the time people will save it in certain match-ups to withstand certain v-triggers, like G, Urien or Akuma. It's exactly the tool people have been asking for to deal with these crazy set-play triggers without nerfing those characters into the ground.

8 minutes ago, Skort said:

Watch people v-shift aegis only to run out of invincibility frames while the mirror still lingers on screen right next to you.

It hurts Ayyygis mid-screen. On the corner? You're still with Urine and a mirror sandwiching you. And you just burned a bar that you could've V-Reversaled with. 🤣

Edit: It'll also be one crazy learning experience for people shifting right into an active mirror because there's no hitbox to interact with the phantom hurtbox before Aegis is active. 🤣

Edited by Volt

Shift is gonna fuck up people that rely a lot on buffers I would say.

And I don't really mind it because seeing Urien do st hp 10 times in a row hoping to cancel into shoulder  while you are scared to whiff punish because rollback and priority system is so dumb.

7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Someone give me the framedata on Uriens st.hp, because I'm sure the problem will be again shit range on the majority of buttons in this game and it having no recovery.

12/3/18 startup/active/recovery 

hitboxes 

https://sfvsim.com/diff/URN/042/scripts/602_5HP.html#29

Looking at this, I’d say the issue is that by the time you’ve seen him whiff Urien’s hurtbox is already pulling back. So like Cipher says you need some range to blow it up.

Edited by Vhozite
17 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The video shows it uses up half a bar. It wastes the full bar if you use the follow up. I doubt most would.

Incorrect.

It uses the full bar on activation. You get half back on a successful slowdown shift.

13 minutes ago, Skort said:

I wonder if you can vshift Abigail's tire or Birdie's soda can.

You should. You can Shift booms and the like.

56 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

The video shows it uses up half a bar. It wastes the full bar if you use the follow up. I doubt most would.

Like Volt said, activating V-shift uses an entire bar. If you shift through a projectile or physical attack, it goes into slow-mo and you get refunded half a bar. Throws don't refund. So that's why I was saying the best way to bait a V-shift might be to look like you're going for a set-up or meaty and then do nothing. Boom, your opponent just blew a V bar for a glorified backdash. If you got super big brain you can forward dash right away and apply pressure during the V-shift recovery.

3 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Like Volt said, activating V-shift uses an entire bar. If you shift through a projectile or physical attack, it goes into slow-mo and you get refunded half a bar. Throws don't refund. So that's why I was saying the best way to bait a V-shift might be to look like you're going for a set-up or meaty and then do nothing. Boom, your opponent just blew a V bar for a glorified backdash. If you got super big brain you can forward dash right away and apply pressure during the V-shift recovery.

Break is only available on the Slowmo Shift, right?

I'm still stuck on finding a main in Strive.   Ky seems obvious but boring in a "just Ryu" kind of way. 

I don't do freaks like Faust, Naggo and Milia seem difficult, Leo is a perfect storm of no. 

Maybe the new Ramlethal?  I feel I know more about her than the rest of the cast cause of you guys, and it seems like most her playerbase is getting freed up due to the redesign. 

20 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I'm still stuck on finding a main in Strive.   Ky seems obvious but boring in a "just Ryu" kind of way. 

I don't do freaks like Faust, Naggo and Milia seem difficult, Leo is a perfect storm of no. 

Maybe the new Ramlethal?  I feel I know more about her than the rest of the cast cause of you guys, and it seems like most her playerbase is getting freed up due to the redesign. 

For this game, I’m going to want a fast rushdown, mixup character. I could be wrong, but from what I saw in the footage from today, Millia and Chipp seem like the top contenders for that.

19 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

For this game, I’m going to want a fast rushdown, mixup character. I could be wrong, but from what I saw in the footage from today, Millia and Chipp seem like the top contenders for that.

I'd also put May and Giovanna in that rushdown category, but pretty much the whole cast looks like a mixup character to these old eyes. 🤯

23 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Millia looks like a whole gorilla with that new j.HS.

We all know you're a fuckboi when it comes to maining someone though. 🤣

58 minutes ago, Volt said:

Millia looks like a whole gorilla with that new j.HS.

We all know you're a fuckboi when it comes to maining someone though. 🤣

Only in SFV... I’ve come to realize I dislike something about everybody in that game and i need to stopping forcing myself to main someone... Probably dropping the game altogether tbh.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Since twitter won’t stop reminding me about it, it’s been ten years since MvC3 vanilla released.

spacer.png

This box art was horrendous.

It looks like they weren't sure on which art style to use, so they used like three or four of them together on different characters.

Edited by Phantom_Miria
3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I'm gonna use the redesign as a good reason to try her again. Tried Ram in Xrd but she wasn't my type of character. She seems like she may be more of a midfield brawler which is always my preferred starting place.

If she doesn't work out, maybe May? Gonna need to watch more char preview vids tbh.

1 hour ago, Phantom_Miria said:

It looks like they weren't sure on which art style to use, so they used like three or four of them together on different characters.

Adi Granov has done a lot of work for Marvel comics leading up to the release of MvC3, his art style is just very realistic and gritty, proportion and facial wise. It works for the Marvel side but it doesn't work as well for the Capcom characters who come from a bunch of different games. Joe and Amaterasu look kinda terrifying and Morrigan just flat out looks off as hell. 

Great artist but I think they should've went with a more cartoonish artist like Arthur Adams or sumpthin imo.

Edited by Jocelot
7 hours ago, Yiceman said:

Since regular frame traps become weaker I think staggered buttons will become extremely important to apply pressure.  Like Karin's cr.strong micro step cr. strong.   

20 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Guy who posted the Giovanna combos last week comes back with a small video for all of the girls in Strive

Hide contents

Untagged Twitter Tech.

b05d6369ee0ef8430814d27b0d57c436703b4d88

These fucking hobbit feet sniffing degenerates don't. fucking. learn!!!

How are people supposed to find this goddamn trash later!?

Upload that shit to Youtube! Twitter ain't even giving you hoes any money!!!

GG basics is up. 

The info card at the end didn't break out all the roman cancels, which is the part I really wanted. 😞 

EDIT:

* all RCs cost 50% tension (i.e. half your meter) 

* generate a shockwave which if connects slows opponent (a big clock graphic appears).

* You can cancel the shockwave with an attack to just go straight into the next attack without the wave. 

* Input a dash before the RC and it'll slide in that direction, even through projectiles, etc.

Colors:

As your attack hits -- clockslow + causes high float during blowback

blockstun - clockslow + blowback

during your attack but not as it hits - no blowback just clockslow

neutral - no blowback just clockslow but try dash xx RC 

While getting hit - can't RC that's what Burst is for. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
16 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

How are people even playing the thing when early access is still two days away??

A bunch of “influencers”, including Rooflemonger, got early access from ASW to stream it and make videos on it. Other than Roofie, I think Justin Wong, Jebailey, Tasty Steve, James Chen, and Maximillian got it. I’m sure there are others, but this is what i’ve pieced together from twitter.

also, this made me spit out the soup i was eating for lunch

Edited by Mattatsu
57 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

A bunch of “influencers”, including Rooflemonger, got early access from ASW to stream it and make videos on it. Other than Roofie, I think Justin Wong, Jebailey, Tasty Steve, James Chen, and Maximillian got it. I’m sure there are others, but this is what i’ve pieced together from twitter.

also, this made me spit out the soup i was eating for lunch

And VTuber.

I saw Calli stream it earlier and Robertu was playing it too.

Koefficient also got the game acces earlier

2 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

How are people even playing the thing when early access is still two days away??

Like others said, influencers, ytubers, etc.

There is also some codes for the people who are in charge of fan communities.

It is how i got on the private beta last time (though i didnt use it, it was my brother)

This time the code was given to the other admin, since i decided to pass on it.

10 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

For smart people that understand Rev’s mechanics (I dont)

Spoiler

In anime games with Burst Mechanics, there is Burst baiting.

Imagen like DP Baiting, but you will do it during Combos most of the time.

Ways to Bait Bursts is stuff like jumpcanceling out of a jumpcancleable Move and immedietly using Barrier.

RCing and then using Barrier or in GGs case, do something like RC and then Air Throw someone.