Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

37 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Anyone pre-download the GGST beta on PS4 that didn’t pre-order? I can’t find it

I had to use the mobile PSN site just to find it and add it to library, even with pre-order. Spent 5-10 minutes poking around in the PS4 interface and didn't find squat.

Still haven't downloaded it but its in the library so I should be able to download it today and mess around a bit. 

1 minute ago, Volt said:

Strive Beta dropped with actually playable netcode. 🤣

It's really hard to not get hype for that

Bruh, I played probably around 8 people last night and never had a input delay over 2 frames, and usually it was at 0. 

Not one teleport, not one hiccup, not one dropped input. 

I know it's a tiny sampling, but it's very promising 

1 minute ago, KingTubb said:

Bruh, I played probably around 8 people last night and never had a input delay over 2 frames, and usually it was at 0. 

Not one teleport, not one hiccup, not one dropped input. 

I know it's a tiny sampling, but it's very promising 

Shame I don't have a console to test it. The real stress tests are overseas connections.

Come to think of it... Besides Bea, I don't think any of the non-NA crew is on console, right?

7 minutes ago, Volt said:

The real stress tests are overseas connections.

Word. Looks like the influencer types are fighting cross oceans without issues. 

I'm pretty confident that the Netcode is gonna be real good, they just need to fix the wack ass lobbies. The tower thing and how you actually fight people in the Beta SUCKS SO DING-DANG HARD 

Just now, KingTubb said:

Word. Looks like the influencer types are fighting cross oceans without issues. 

I'm pretty confident that the Netcode is gonna be real good, they just need to fix the wack ass lobbies. The tower thing and how you actually fight people in the Beta SUCKS SO DING-DANG HARD 

Instant Rematch needs to be a must in the full game. I wonder if they disabled it in the beta to force people to test the lobbies...

While I would love to believe they left out instant rematch right now, history has shown (at least to me) that if it isn't in the game, the devs just didn't want to do it.

For lobbies I'd imagine they want to force people back out to shit-pixel land to keep the whole lobby mixing more. Not a great reason, but I could see something like that being the reasoning.

Hopefully they add it at some point in the future in some format. This game goes quick and you want to be able to get right the fuck back in there. 

2 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

While I would love to believe they left out instant rematch right now, history has shown (at least to me) that if it isn't in the game, the devs just didn't want to do it.

For lobbies I'd imagine they want to force people back out to shit-pixel land to keep the whole lobby mixing more. Not a great reason, but I could see something like that being the reasoning.

Hopefully they add it at some point in the future in some format. This game goes quick and you want to be able to get right the fuck back in there. 

Definitely think it'll at least be best of 3. That would be my guess anyway. But they've been listening to the community for the most part so maybe they will surprise us

1 minute ago, Flighflighflugit said:

Definitely think it'll at least be best of 3. That would be my guess anyway. But they've been listening to the community for the most part so maybe they will surprise us

Yeah that is the hope. Even SFV got its lobbies sorted out not too long after launch; anyone else remember those goofy ass 2 person lobbies? 

5 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

image.thumb.png.e321e4e513fd31e3bdab4d4ae8c57ae5.png

Don't you have a PS5 now? You're a part of the normies now, my friend 

No I don't. Gave up on that shit. Now I have a better stick, but I'm $100 short of a disc PS5, but I'm saving. I'm not going to allow a fucking corporation to control supply and demand and me by extension. I'm a human being, not an ATM machine.

1 minute ago, Vhozite said:

Real talk tho why no PC beta?

They know someone would break the thing and get infinite beta + datamine. 🤣

Just now, Dayaan said:

No I don't. Gave up on that shit. Now I have a better stick, but I'm $100 short of a disc PS5, but I'm saving. I'm not going to allow a fucking corporation to control supply and demand and me by extension. I'm a human being, not an ATM machine.

There's always digital...

I much prefer PC to consoles, having that said I do not dislike consoles.

Contrary to the popular myth you do not need an expensive PC to play games on high settings. 

I like to have all in one at the press of two buttons alt and tab.

Yes,I alt tab between  Blender,games,forums,youtube and the rest like ait mad man.

Can run my emulators etc

Good times.

3 minutes ago, Skort said:

I much prefer PC to consoles, having that said I do not dislike consoles.

Contrary to the popular myth you do not need an expensive PC to play games on high settings. 

I like to have all in one at the press of two buttons alt and tab.

Yes,I alt tab between  Blender,games,forums,youtube and the rest like ait mad man.

Can run my emulators etc

Good times.

I would much rather use a PC than console, but I have both. In my opinion, console is best for games based purely on the convenience factor, but PCs are far more practical. Gaming might be a little slower... Until you actually start the game and you're way faster on PC. Plus multitasking... I'd rather take that tradeoff.

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

But what's considered "expensive" ? Like how much would I need to spend to get a PS5 level machine? 

The ps 5 is 500 right ? 

The PC will be more expensive and to be fair with the GPU shortage these days it's not a good time to build a PC.

Can't say exact price as there are many components you can mix and match but over 500 and below 1000 for a very capable PC that will last you quite a while.

More expensive but much more versatile if that's your thing. If not and you just want some casual games, go console all the way.

PS I like shooters a lot so a pad can never replace a mouse for me,just not happening.

4 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

1. Any time a game gets a movie and it opens with fucking military/special ops shit I'm immediately triggered. 

2. Visuals actually look... fucking good???

3. "I think it's an invitation to fight for something know..... as MORTAL KOMBAT" god it's cringe it's literally a /tv/ meme. 

4. Why the fuck is the POV character some OC chosen one? The fuck???

5. Kano sounds like Kano and Jax seems cool at least visually.

6. "Get over here" *I clapped when he said the thing*

7. Sub Zero actually looks sick I'm not gonna lie. 

8. Ed Boon will save the movie industry.

Edited by TWINBLADES_SRK
10 minutes ago, Skort said:

I like Sub Zero.

Just from that 2 minute trailer sub is looking like a top tier bastard. Dude froze a bullet and turned Scorpions blood spray into a fucking weapon Jesus Christ. I don’t even like him but this movie might make me a fan. 

Still hate fighting his bitch ass in 11 though. 

Edited by Vhozite
49 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

He is labeled One Shot for a reason. But for real, that is a full meter combo on a full RISC Pot, who much like the rest of the series, probably is getting hit with a character specific combo.

The routing is much more interesting tô me than the result.

Loops with 2H Will be big dog damage regardless of meme conditions. If that's universal off CH AA 2H, that's a lotta damage.

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

So, for non-pre-order, console peeps, it seems like we can’t actually download the open beta until it goes live to the public, which is supposed to be at 7pm PST tonight.

I should be able to play in the evenings/nights this weekend.

That's about the same timeline I'm on. Specific days may be a bit random but I want to try to hop on a couple of times while its up. 

I'll also be on tonight but that may just end up being character scouting since I have something at 8.

38 minutes ago, Flighflighflugit said:

Grinding out strings with nago to figure out how to blow up people who up back all day

Don't worry about it.  If they up back and block constantly they'll get negative penalty and their RISC will go up.  Let them do it as much as they want and then kill them in one combo.  🤣