Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Mattatsu said:

One thing I really appreciate about SFV is being able to change individual characters’ VA language. Personally, I find Kage, Blanka, and Fang to be a lot more tolerable in Japanese for various reasons.... I have a feeling Dan may be talking the whole match, so he may have to join that list as well.

I have every character's voice individually changed with how I associate them. Ryu and Ken have always been Japanese to me, but Blanka, Guile and Gill are English all the way...

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

One thing I really appreciate about SFV is being able to change individual characters’ VA language. Personally, I find Kage, Blanka, and Fang to be a lot more tolerable in Japanese for various reasons.... I have a feeling Dan may be talking the whole match, so he may have to join that list as well.

I like Cammy drinking sprite every time she anti airs.

21 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Also SF4 Fei Long. 

1 hour ago, AriesWarlock said:

I see. That's what y'all were doing huh.

VF5 on PS3/XBOX360?

I literally rebought VF5:FS on Xbox last year because backward compatible for Xbox One. Of course, I wouldn't be able to play you now because I just cancelled my Xbox Live Gold. I've barely touched the console wasn't going to give them free money. Last year it slipped past me, but not this time.

I'm an all english VA mouth breather. The voice direction is off for certain KAGED individuals but the cast overall is really OD.

You got Laura Bailey, Liam O'brien and Erica Lindbeck in there and they're literally awesome in everything. Even a lot of the lesser known VA's did a good job imo. In fact G and Urien are probably overall my favorite performances in the game. 

My face goes full PogChamp when I hear "I have the power of GAIA!" to this day. 

43 minutes ago, Volt said:

Only character I'd swap to JP is Makoto.

So yeah, none of the SFV characters need that treatment from me. 😭

As long as they keep the same VA it's ok.

17 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

Not when he says, "This is the power!" or, "SHOWTIME!"

27 minutes ago, Jocelot said:

I'm an all english VA mouth breather. The voice direction is off for certain KAGED individuals but the cast overall is really OD.

You got Laura Bailey, Liam O'brien and Erica Lindbeck in there and they're literally awesome in everything. Even a lot of the lesser known VA's did a good job imo. In fact G and Urien are probably overall my favorite performances in the game. 

On the flip side, I facepalm whenever someone uses G's Japanese VA. "Powa 2D Arf! Write it up" 😑

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

We were using PSNow, it wasn't too bad. And Martian was already cooking my ass like brunswick stew, I didn't need you pancake flipping my ass into a saltmine too 

Do you know if the PSNow version is compatible with the PS3 version?
When the game came out that day was made free for all PS+ users.

So is possible that some people here own it.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

We were using PSNow, it wasn't too bad. And Martian was already cooking my ass like brunswick stew, I didn't need you pancake flipping my ass into a saltmine too 

Do you know if the PSNow version is compatible with the PS3 version?
When the game came out that day was made free for all PS+ users.

So is possible that some people here own it.

23 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

People REALLY shouldn't be hyping themselves up about. My expectations are lower than Sean on a 3S Tier list. If they actually show something half decent I's be surprised.

Exact same sentiments. All I'm expecting is a bit of Dan, maaaaaybe actual new footage of him at most. 

2 hours ago, Dayaan said:

Not when he says, "This is the power!" or, "SHOWTIME!"

Those are good too. It's just that delivery on the  Super Art... Mmmm. Just perfect. Light it Up 👉🔥🔥🔥

You got at least Revelator.

Accent Core is mad cheap and got superb Rollback.

Do you play them? Nope, you sit here and ask if Millia is cool enough to replace I-No in Strive.

While you last comment before that was, that you cannot play Revelator, cause you have no idea what is going on and the game is to fast.

I am not wasting money on hypocrites.

Maybe if you would play the games instead of wanking to Poison mods I could feel moved to gift you something, but right now the best you get is a tube of Nivea, thats usually reserved for Baiken player.

@Mr.Cipher

Sry man, i tried melty. Actually downloaded it. I just knew from the start it's not the type of game i want to invest time in. 

Nothing really draws me into it. I do respect the ones that enjoy it and have no issues with them. But just as that you should be ok with the rest of us that prefer other things.

As for games i've been playing lately it's mostly Red Dead 2 , Cyberpunk and Paladins ( support role is fun here ) . Fighting games have been pretty dry for me. I do mess around with SFV from time to time but very rarely. 

I know you are mostly joking that's one of the reasons i don't get mad but my advice would be to be a lil more chill when it comes to other people's prefferences. This is a cool community,let's keep it this way.

Edited by Skort

I wouldn't go as far as to call Skort an idiot, but i will agree (just a little) with Cipher that Skort seems to be more willing to try to find excuses to not play games rather than actually play them, even if he expresses a mild interest on them 😕

If he only put the same effort on learning/playing them like he does for Blender.

But then again, i guess that with blender, he has the bennefit of modeling his kinks.

This is why i know that Strive is a game that he will either not buy citing that is waiting for it  to go on sale, or buy it and drop it in a week.

It wouldnt matter if ASW adds I-no.

I know he will simply drop it because he will find something that will be enough to call it quits.

2 minutes ago, Hecatom said:

This is why i know that Strive is a game that he will either not buy citing that is waiting for it  to go on sale, or buy it and drop it in a week.

It wouldnt matter if ASW adds I-no.

I know he will simply drop it because he will find something that will be enough to call it quits.

You are not far off. 

The thing is, i will be buying Strive on release but it is indeed uncertain if will stick to the game. You need to realize that i am not a fighting game player, i never was. You are talking to a dude that grinded MMOS and FPS games like a mad man . The sole reason i played SF series is for some characters that i like, i always said this. If Juri would not be in SFV i would had dropped the game in season 1.

Not saying that you can't find enjoyment out of other fighting games.Sure you learn it,you get better and so on. I get it,but i play games for fun and i have limited time, i am much more tempted to pick up something i like and know how to play from the start rather than something i have to grind a lot of time to get it's basics down.

10 minutes ago, Skort said:

@Mr.Cipher

Sry man, i tried melty. Actually downloaded it. I just knew from the start it's not the type of game i want to invest time in. 

Nothing really draws me into it. I do respect the ones that enjoy it and have no issues with them. But just as that you should be ok with the rest of us that prefer other things.

As for games i've been playing lately it's mostly Red Dead 2 , Cyberpunk and Paladins ( support role is fun here ) . Fighting games have been pretty dry for me. I do mess around with SFV from time to time but very rarely. 

I know you are mostly joking that's one of the reasons i don't get mad but my advice would be to be a lil more chill when it comes to other people's prefferences. This is a cool community,let's keep it this way.

You wanted to talk with me about it, I have been waiting and now I get this. And the notice that you're in SFV again, after saying like 50 times that you do NOT ENJOY THE GAME!

I just know that you will either not buy Strive or drop it after a week.

I'll still play with everyone in here, for the sole reason of playing with people in here.

Doesn't matter that I have SFV in my libary again, cause my worst dreams have become real and I got it gifted by a friend again.

2 minutes ago, Skort said:

You are not far off. 

The thing is, i will be buying Strive on release but it is indeed uncertain if will stick to the game. You need to realize that i am not a fighting game player, i never was. You are talking to a dude that grinded MMOS and FPS games like a mad man . The sole reason i played SF series is for some characters that i like, i always said this. If Juri would not be in SFV i would had dropped the game in season 1.

Not saying that you can't find enjoyment out of other fighting games.Sure you learn it,you get better and so on. I get it,but i play games for fun and i have limited time, i am much more tempted to pick up something i like and know how to play from the start rather than something i have to grind a lot of time to get it's basics down.

I don't fault you for that, but most of the games you don't really need to grind them to be decent.

That is just not true, not even for the most "complex" fgs, since they still share a lot of commonalities both in design and strategies you can use on them.

Like for real.

If a fucking 6yo child was able to learn GG in a week, the excuse that many grown ass men say that they will require a lot of time to grind to get the basics (lmao that) is invalidated.

Is just not true.

6 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

And the notice that you're in SFV again, after saying like 50 times that you do NOT ENJOY THE GAME!

I don't hate SFV.  It's just an average game to me. 

It has it's enjoyable moments but more than often it can leave a bad taste in my mouth. I mess around with it because i do know how to play it, i do enjoy some characters like Juri and Poison and i have a few friends that i play it with on occasion. I hope SF 6 is better. 

You wanted to talk with me about it

I enjoy chat with you on steam. Though every character that i liked from the game you suggested you gave me shit    😛 

I just know that you will either not buy Strive or drop it after a week.

I am buying it on release. I do hope i find it enjoyable as SF 6 seems to be at least 1 year off. If i drop it ? Who cares, just a game after all,i won't let different tastes in video games put spite between me and members of a community i've been part of for several years.

Edited by Skort

Who did you try in Melty?

Tsubaki gets largely shat on cause she's an awful character as in her actual character is awful.

And there is not a single person who will tell you that I-No is an enjoyable opponent, let alone that I-No players deserve any sort of nice touches, with how every I-No player acts like they play bottom 1 in every game and have to work so hard for their unseeable 50/50s.

2 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I have been picturing you screaming at the email notification for this for the last two minutes and have been laughing my ass off.

Keep this friend around. He’s great for parties.

You're not to wrong. I did question if someone finds this in some way funny for a good 2 hours.

Then I decided to play Melty with my friend and did totaly fair Hime stuff on him.

If you don't know what Hime stuff it. Imagen halfscreen +Ob buttons, projectiles that come out of the ground and launch you to end in a perfect situation, where she has a totaly fair 8 way mixup you can do nothing against except pray.

Totaly fair character.

5 minutes ago, Skort said:

If i drop it ? Who cares

I know that it is idiotic to care what other people do with their money, but i do care.

Because my favorite series is being ruined in a stupid move to try to attract people like you.

Who don't care for GG, but get hyped now that it is changed into a shit that doesn't represent the series.

Now we are in a situation that

A) Shitstrive bombs and the series dies.

B) Sells well enough because people like you buy it buy then drop it, so it still dies, because now ASW will be motivated to keep with that Glamurous Garbage.

Is a lose lose situation.

You lose money in a game you dont like

I lose my favorite series because is forever ruined 🤣