Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Sonero said:

Against Ryu you might.

Ryu's buttons are ass and now his anti air hits behind him for a combo that leads to oki. Alex  gets an inordinate amount of milage out of the fact that I can't even sweep his cr.mk. Like how? Dude is hard to fight for all weird reasons that make SF5 wack.

Fucking 10 frame anti air, I better get something off that piece of shit. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Guys I don't want to be rude, but why are you not using Discord for this?

Because that's what the forums are for.

@Joke

Bro, its better than Ryu's DP. Ryu doesn't even get oki out of EX DP. Imma anti air, maybe it'll do less than cr. hp and no follow up midscreen?

Terrible.  Just now it hit Vhozite when he was fully behind him. Throw Alex in the trash where he deserves to live.

Edited by Sonero
7 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Everytime I see a bunch of new posts I think something big has happend.

It's just matchtalk.

Guys I don't want to be rude, but why are you not using Discord for this?

Who gets mad about a thread being used for its intended purpose? Fuck off if you don't like it.

Edited by Hawkingbird
2 minutes ago, Joke said:

I beg you just Vreversal corny ass slide activations

I was trying I can’t remember the command for VR

This slide shit is so dumb it’s just like when he plays Ryu. It’s impossible to avoid. 

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Mashing during stun and laggin out the connection.

You the whole corn field.

ohhhhh i know youre not complaing about alex the way you play dog. Some slide gimmick diamond zeku lmao

Really took his steal and ran damn im glad to see perth aint changed

Edited by Joke

Also GGs errybody.

This is why I ain't trying to hit you guys with the BushinRyu style.

2 minutes ago, Joke said:

Really took his steal and ran damn im glad to see perth aint changed

You got all the tools to keep me out. Why you get anti aired by my ferret though?

Alex players happy to do EX stomps, throw safe elbows and +4 lariats. But you do one move that's safe against them, and suddenly its  cheating. Gotta go cook a lasagna, make a cheese cake and get the wife's b-day celebration going.

Just gonna be me and the turtles working this kitchen:

1 minute ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Just now got onto the second pendant on the former game. 

As a kid once spent a whole summer day in the attic doing a no dying single playthrough of that, cos you got a death count at the end, and I wanted it to be 0, wondering if it did anything special.

Still pissed off that a fairy revive counted as a death and continue. Memory of that's still vividly burned in my brain, though fantastic game

9 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Wait, wikis are being abandoned too? What madness is this?

If your game is not being maintained by the tiny ass team that frantically covers Dustloop or Mizuumi/SRK, you're SOL.

And I know first-hand how small that team is because I lurk the DL Wiki Discord. Sadly I'm not really useful because there's nothing that I can add and I don't know anything about HTML, cargo and junk like that.

9 hours ago, Reticently said:

Discord backlash is starting to go mainstream

Good. The community as a whole gotta take its head out of its ass on this one.

Not because Discord is actually a bad way to store tech by itself, mind you, but it requires organization and effort that most mods/admins don't want to do, and most importantly, it needs people that are actually level-headed and not trigger happy lunatics like most Discord Mods.

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I got banned out of the Strive Hub Discord because now I'm extra motivated to actually archive tech.

Right now, what I did was basically steal tech en masse and post it on the SFV Lounge Discord on individual character channels.

My basic idea is to have each character's Subforum divided in a "Tech-only" thread, a serious discussion thread, matchup threads, and depending on the number of people, a general thread for each character.

The main thing I'm unsure of is how to actually curate the Tech threads and organize them.

My current idea is to have the Opening Post for each thread work as a "pin" of sorts, dividing it by spoilered sections such as "Offense", "Movement", "Defense" or whatever.

Obviously, there's the problem of me being asstastic in FGs, so I'll need help figuring what categories would actually be important and as for what gets bumped up, the community as a whole gotta make the call on it.

I guess we could run some tests on how it'd work out using the Beta stuff I gathered, but I legit need some feedback here. What do y'all think?

24 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Woke up hella late today. Migrating between playing some muh' fuckin' Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past and recording some Rose magic from PC for SF. 

Just now got onto the second pendant on the former game. 

I've been watching the Zelda 1 randomizer tournament from 2020 lately.  It's like agdq in that I forget it exists for months on end, then binge watch it all.

12 minutes ago, Volt said:

Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that I got banned out of the Strive Hub Discord because now I'm extra motivated to actually archive tech.

Right now, what I did was basically steal tech en masse and post it on the SFV Lounge Discord on individual character channels.

unknown.png

This is imperfect, and needs wider adoption rates. There's a kernel of an idea here though, I think. 

Edited by JustBrowsing
I didn't mention It's a discord bot
Just now, JustBrowsing said:

unknown.png

This is imperfect, and needs wider adoption rates. There's a kernel of an idea here though, I think. 

The Hub got a Twitter Hashtag Bot.

Ngl, I was hella jealous of it, but I'd need to make one because the owner ain't up for sharing it.

7 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

You gotta be more aggressive Joke. I’m dictating the pace of every round even when you’re winning

Its how you have to play this trust, cammy can counter anything she does

I beeeeg this shit stops eating my heel inputs i cant afford to drop a single aa

Edited by Joke