Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Soul Punishes

I like Soul Punish a LOT after a knockdown.  The recovery on it feels like too much in neutral unless you've got somebody on the far side of the screen doing their own big recovery shit.

It's kind of the same problem Satellites have, just useful at more ranges.

42 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Should be on PSN for $5.99

You have to do it in game. You can spend 100K on the character or buy them with battle outfit. I kept checking PSN for it but it isn't in the game page.

She has a long st.lk. Get oki out of LK drill and MK drill. Can buffer both into st.lk, cr.mp, cr.mk, st.hp and st.hk.

@Yiceman Rose can start putting the stationary orbs before her soul spark hits. If you toss a standing soul spark, you should be checking in for situations to drop the stationary ones.

1 hour ago, Sonero said:

You have to do it in game. You can spend 100K on the character or buy them with battle outfit. I kept checking PSN for it but it isn't in the game page.

She has a long st.lk. Get oki out of LK drill and MK drill. Can buffer both into st.lk, cr.mp, cr.mk, st.hp and st.hk.

@Yiceman Rose can start putting the stationary orbs before her soul spark hits. If you toss a standing soul spark, you should be checking in for situations to drop the stationary ones.

Thanks for explaining Soul Punishes far better than I could. I was driving a Sagat player insane with Rose. Dude was scared to throw Tiger Shots.

NRS have tried various gameplay mechanics that kinda have those super hero movie vibe fight scene.

Like the type that crush the corner then hitting each other

I wonder if they would incorporate air combos this time instead of those

Hopefully Capcom could salvage the Mahvel gameplay on there own

Marvel probably isn't concerning on the competitive scene and just wanting to big sales like NRS games

I remember how Marvel TCG was doing great with upperdeck then they go else where, replace it with a meh version lol

Edited by Shakunetsu
21 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

What makes NFTs worse than other crypto is the massive power consumption that it needs. It will legit damage the environment. 

How so? I don't know too much about NFTs, so I'm still a little fuzzy on the details, seems kinda scammy to me, like "you own it technically, but you don't REALLY own it." I still don't understand how crypto is "mined." Stuff like this makes me feel old. 😭

12 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

It's not actually. Warner Bros published the Lego Marvel games. So they've worked with them already. This wouldn't be a huge leap.

I'll be hype if this is true. Fuck the NRS hate 

Same here. Imo, NRS has been the best dev by a long shot in terms of doing right by the players, and the production values they could bring to the table would probably be above even Injustice 2. An NRS Marvel game would print enough money to take a chunk out of the national debt.

Edited by DoctaMario
6 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

How so? I don't know too much about NFTs, so I'm still a little fuzzy on the details, seems kinda scammy to me, like "you own it technically, but you don't REALLY own it." I still don't understand how crypto is "mined." Stuff like this makes me feel old. 😭

A simple NFT like a gif leaves a carbon footprint that's the equivalent of one month of electricity usage

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/22328203/nft-cryptoart-ethereum-blockchain-climate-change

Standard crypto won't use up enough power to leave any lasting damage. Hell, major operations will actually use clean energy sources when possible. 

26 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

A simple NFT like a gif leaves a carbon footprint that's the equivalent of one month of electricity usage

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/15/22328203/nft-cryptoart-ethereum-blockchain-climate-change

Standard crypto won't use up enough power to leave any lasting damage. Hell, major operations will actually use clean energy sources when possible. 

So in order to maintain "ownership" they have to keep a computer solving those puzzles? Is that why it takes so much power?

I think this is goofy, but from an artist perspective, this could make being an artist a lot more sustainable if you have people that like your work. So I'm 50/50 on it.

2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

So in order to maintain "ownership" they have to keep a computer solving those puzzles? Is that why it takes so much power?

I think this is goofy, but from an artist perspective, this could make being an artist a lot more sustainable if you have people that like your work. So I'm 50/50 on it.

That's how crypto works and NFTs is just another form of it. What makes NFTs enticing is that the original artist still gets a share of the money it generates no matter how times it changes hands.

I truthfully would like an NRS Marvel game in one sense (lore, character detail/care, easter eggs, etc), but i doubt the gameplay would feel like (or be) what i want and expect from a Marvel game, without NRS making some sweeping changes to how their games feel and play. Also, I’d want the characters to look more comic/cartoonish that trying to make them look realistic.

i would prefer ASW to do it, because I know they’d do a great job with easter eggs and staying true to the characters, and the comic/cartoon style aesthetics, while also making the gameplay close to what I’d like... and i don't mean team-based, but air dashing and air combos and things like that.

an NRS Marvel game would do really well though, and a lot of Marvel games haven’t been doing that lately so I cant blame them if they went that route. I just don’t think i’d be able to get used to the change.

Edited by Mattatsu
31 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

i would prefer ASW to do it, because I know they’d do a great job with easter eggs and staying true to the characters,

They're really good at that. To an outright silly degree.

Just an example. Straight up remaking entire frames just to be that faithful. 

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

Marvel probably isn't concerning on the competitive scene and just wanting to big sales like NRS games

This. And considering the MCU is all about narrative too it makes sense.

Could you imagine Capcom doing an MCU narrative? 

I'm interested in seeing what Lord Boon could do with Marvel, and their games do indeed get patches with heavy community input.

Edited by Pair of Rooks

Maybe they're going big and actually doing a DC vs Marvel fighting game. Maybe Marvel games has learned their lessons of letting good studios make the type of quality games they're good at making (Insomniac = Spider-Man) instead of shoving the license off to to studios to make cash-grab games of a genre they aren't practiced at making (Square = Avengers).

I'd be excited to try it, I'm not an NRS hater. But I have no doubts it will look fairly stiff and awkward. Hopefully they're smart enough to innovate and not just keep making the exact same format of game they've been making for 10 years. No one wants to see Spider-Man waddling slowly back and forth on the ground playing footsies. We wanna see that fucker swinging around.