Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

2 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I think this is where the curation comes into play. Twitter has a tonne of trash, and one way or another someone's going to have to sort through and archive the stuff worth keeping.

Precisely.

Just being able to gather all of it is huge tho because of how Anime FGC Communities actually try to establish hashtags early so people know what to use to get whatever clicks these hoes want.

A basic skim over the whole bunch every day should be fine, most of it is junk anyway, but as a safety net it's amazing.

Over time, the community and players themselves will be dropping stuff in the tech threads anyway, which already serves as a first filter.

I think that what matters right now is getting the ball rolling.

1 minute ago, Joke said:

Every time you saw me do a stlk at your jump that was an eaten heel man that shit is so innfuriating.

Jokes on you idk what her s.lk looks like, so in my mind my jumps were good 😌 

In all seriousness I should probably learn what Poison does. I have no idea what is and isn’t safe. 

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Jokes on you idk what her s.lk looks like, so in my mind my jumps were good 😌 

well they were ass and you should feel like ass 😡

@VhoziteJust pick cammy or honda they blow her up free. She cant even hold whip or do crhp against cammy cuz spiral arrow punishes. And obv divekick fucks with her so you have to sit there and wait for jumps to not get swarmed. It suchhhh a wack match for her.

Edited by Joke

You know SFV has gotten over 25 DLC characters and with the exception of Ibuki I’ve never had more than a passing interest in any of them. On the hand I really like the characters in the initial 16, so launch was great for me. But on the other hand is kind of disappointing I haven’t meshed with any of the characters released after 2016. 

The characters are pretty diverse, so maybe I’m just picky or something. I also keep buying them so clearly I’m some kind of sucker lol

Alright this has to be said: commentating is not the place to try stand up. If you're on the mic for a small game, nobody cares about w/e hot meme your scene has. Talk about whats going on and explain the game.

Golden gotta deal with all these ladies hash tag Me Too. I dont even get how that's a joke. That shit is flatter than the Utah Falt Fields.

Everybody deserves a next time. He didn't hurt the community, he just said unfunny shit. Thats like, you take them to the side, explain to them why they fucked up and move on. If it becomes habitual you gotta make a point of something. But really? That frail?

Edited by Sonero
12 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Alright this has to be said: commentating is not the place to try stand up. If you're on the mic for a small game, nobody cares about w/e hot meme your scene has. Talk about whats going on and explain the game.

Golden gotta deal with all these ladies hash tag Me Too. I dont even get how that's a joke. That shit is flatter than the Utah Falt Fields.

Everybody deserves a next time. He didn't hurt the community, he just said unfunny shit. Thats like, you take them to the side, explain to them why they fucked up and move on. If it becomes habitual you gotta make a point of something. But really? That frail?

And this right here is a prime example of why Twitter is the scourge of the FGC.

A genre that is all about learning from your mistakes, acknowledging them and doing better, with a community that will make sure you don't ever get a 2nd chance at anything as long as they can tweet about it.

2 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Really we cancelling people for not being funny now? WTF man. I was expecting something abhorrent. They'd have cardiac arrest after one episode of Chappelle Show.

Btw, might as well break the news. He is de facto canceled. No more Psy content on Arturo's channel. Can't risk the brand.

Because of unfunny shit he said in a game as dead as MvCI in a tournament that he himself ran.

@Dayaanmight be the only person pure enough here to not get purged if any Twitter FGC drops by.

The whole Resetera debate a couple pages ago would be enough for Twitter to torch this place.

Honestly, I feel sick rn.

7 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:
If they continue to pile up on him he won't survive.

He's already done.

That's really all it took. A couple of lame jokes and replying to twitter thots.

Like I said, if this place goes mainstream, we're all doomed.

Edit: He got shot by people that post this:

But also post this:

Louder for the people in the back!

TWITTER IS THE SCOURGE OF THE FGC!!!

Edited by Volt
24 minutes ago, Volt said:

He's already done.

That's really all it took. A couple of lame jokes and replying to twitter thots.

Edit: He got shot by people that post this:

But also post this:

Louder for the people in the back!

TWITTER IS THE SCOURGE OF THE FGC!!!

As usual, person flipping their shit is throwing stones from a glass house.

13 minutes ago, Volt said:

He's already done.

That's really all it took. A couple of lame jokes and feeding twitter thots.

Yes, but the other side of the coin is he handled this badly. He didn't actually apologize until later after being called out by a growing number of people.
They are right. He screwed up.

2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Yes, but the other side of the coin is he handled this badly. He didn't actually apologize until later after being called out by a growing number of people.

Not disagreeing with you but I've seen enough of Twitter to know that even a immediate and heartfelt apology would have gotten him nowhere. It's a social media Bat Signal for people to show up and pile on. Then dirt will come out on the people going after the offending party, they'll get cancelled, and the shit just goes on. Until someone else fucks up and they move to the next target.

1 minute ago, AriesWarlock said:

The first step is that when random Discord admins knock on your DMs you don't even look at them.

By replying to these people, all he did was dig a deeper hole.

But honestly, when you're on the mic, you gotta be conscious at all times. Some topics are just not worth mentioning even tangentially, like anything related to gender.

Still, Cancel Culture is sickening and actively harmful to mankind as a whole.

44 minutes ago, Volt said:

Btw, might as well break the news. He is de facto canceled. No more Psy content on Arturo's channel. Can't risk the brand.

Because of unfunny shit he said in a game as dead as MvCI in a tournament that he himself ran.

@Dayaanmight be the only person pure enough here to not get purged if any Twitter FGC drops by.

The whole Resetera debate a couple pages ago would be enough for Twitter to torch this place.

Honestly, I feel sick rn.

Yeah my stuff is pretty clean. I only have to love to give. I'm not a hateful person, and no one cares about my opinions, so I shut up and post pretty dudes, pretty gals and pretty parries.

Just now, Volt said:

But honestly, when you're on the mic, you gotta be conscious at all times. Some topics are just not worth mentioning even tangentially, like anything related to gender.

That's something I talked about to the guys when we started streaming locally then I accidetnally broke the rule because of how often we would make cuck memes; or just how often we used it for general things. Instead of getting bodied, you got cucked by a character etc.

The thing about it is that getting rid of "rape" as a means for somebody getting beat hard was a net positive for the scene. It made everybody look slack jawed and now we have the much better BODIED.  In this situation, yeah it was his bad and he shouldn't do it again.

He got caught up, and said some dumb shit. Apologize and just tighten up your commentary. Problem with those jokes is that, as I mentioned earlier, he could've been talking about better things. Most of the jokes there wouldn't have been great because there were better things to talk about. As commentary, it was weak. The jokes being bad just added to it. Acting like he legitimately hurt people with his actions is a massive stretch.

Psychoblue...I believe he was the same user from the metal thread here that was giving me recommendation songs?

You definitely need to watch what you say as time advances on by readjusting to modern times, discarding the days of old.

Even one of my girl friends are on the blacklist by the government.

20 minutes ago, Sonero said:

The thing about it is that getting rid of "rape" as a means for somebody getting beat hard was a net positive for the scene. It made everybody look slack jawed and now we have the much better BODIED.  In this situation, yeah it was his bad and he shouldn't do it again.

Yeah. Also makes for better joke potential.

There are legit things that are worth discussing, but because we're wasting time with cancelling people over minor dumb nonsense in dead games, the community is glossing over them.

It's like I said wayyyyy back when FChamp and MikeZ were getting canceled.

"The trigger happy aspect of cancel culture means we, as a community, don't have impactful tools for when actually relevant stuff that require the community moving as one to purge truly despicable beings."

Fast-forward a couple months later, we got Wiz being exposed for diddling kids and the entirety of modern smash imploding.

Psy could've been just taken to a corner and get talked to. Maybe even hold an L and get a short suspension from mic stuff.

But that won't quench the bloodthirsty hoes. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Volt

I just finished a 3 hour ranked run. 

I see what you mean by Alex being weirdly unpunishable. So much pushback when he hits your block, crMK barely reaches.

Pretty happy with Akuma so far. His 83 different command normals still mess me up, I just gotta find some bnbs that work for me instead of falling back to sf2 Ryu. But the cadence of his attacks feels right.  

Demon flip goes, like, nowhere. It's that Cammy move now.

Divekick, d+MK, only at top of jump? feels a bit useless?

Air fireball only on forward jump messes with me even though I already knew about it. Habits...

At least I can crMK xx fireball. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
3 hours ago, Pair of Rooks said:

I just finished a 3 hour ranked run. 

I see what you mean by Alex being weirdly unpunishable. So much pushback when he hits your block, crMK barely reaches.

Pretty happy with Akuma so far. His 83 different command normals still mess me up, I just gotta find some bnbs that work for me instead of falling back to sf2 Ryu. But the cadence of his attacks feels right.  

Demon flip goes, like, nowhere. It's that Cammy move now.

Divekick, d+MK, only at top of jump? feels a bit useless?

Air fireball only on forward jump messes with me even though I already knew about it. Habits...

At least I can crMK xx fireball. 

I still can't quite understand what Alex is even supposed to *do* in this game. I don't understand the plan. 

He *is* a grappler but his move pool seems a bit... bizarre or too strange to say the least. It is likely just me though. 

1 minute ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Psychoblue just did the Mistake Nr.1 on Twitter.

He apologized. NEVER DO THIS!

You cannot please these people, ignore them and move on, you only dig your own grave by trying to apologize to them.

Once you give them a finger, they want to eat you raw.

Some of these twitter junkies need to shut up and get Angel'd. 

Spoiler

C89Vd1UVwAEXu4d?format=jpg&name=small

All the work PsychoBlue has put into all these games and:

Screenshot_20210426-070647_Samsung_Inter

Random twitter accounts couldn't even let him apologize for being unfunny about the wrong material in the wrong setting. Welp, stream monsters are FGC and Twitter is the FGC. I dun' told them that all of it was a bad idea but hey, we gotta play games for 💰 otherwise they don't count.

Hooray internet. Gotta keep replaying moments/looking screenshots for an eternity like you can't move on from them.

Edited by Sonero
2 hours ago, KingTubb said:

Actually played a good amount of SFV this weekend. 

But I couldn't seem to get a single ranked match🤷‍♀️

Games are games, so it's whatever, but I'm never gonna make it to gold at this rate @Mattatsu

Bullied the ever living shit out of a Laura tho, kinda felt bad about it afterwards

I doubt I will either lol. I kinda lost the will to care tbh - random SFV sets stress me the F out, and I’m already too stressed these days.

I really just need to have fun right now and the freedom to not feel obligated to play something specific.

edit: that’s not to say I won’t play SFV ranked, or games in BBCF, GG, or whatever with you guys. I just don’t want to pressure myself too much about anything game related right now.

Edited by Mattatsu
4 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

random SFV sets stress me the F out,

Same, or at least they used to. I started playing saturday, and I was already feeling shitty from the second shot, so I was like "Fuck it, I ain't going to let this game have an effect on me." and it helped a ton. 

6 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

games with you guys in SFV, BBCF, GG, or whatever is fine, though.

Can we swap BBCF for BBTAG? Or can we just mash a few sets in MvCi? 

25 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Same, or at least they used to. I started playing saturday, and I was already feeling shitty from the second shot, so I was like "Fuck it, I ain't going to let this game have an effect on me." and it helped a ton. 

Can we swap BBCF for BBTAG? Or can we just mash a few sets in MvCi? 

We can definitely play MVCI, and I really want to.

I actually just re-purchased it because I had the PS4 disk but got a digital PS5, and spent a few minutes labbing and loved it.

the BBCF is really to play games with Cipher or Volt, or whoever in PC land wants to play.