Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

16 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Not really. He has a really good understanding of people's "in-game body language". When you combine that with the fact that he also has an extensive amount of knowledge of characters options, Punk can really narrow down options.

He also has that thing that Daigo does (and a lot of top players do) they sort of pick a personality for you and then play against it. Long time ago Daigo said that he categorizes players. Brian F was talking about the same thing in one of his videos (I should've trusted this guy once he showed me who he was), Punk can sort of smell your fear in game.

Edit: Btw, if somebody reminds me, Infexious and Brian F have been putting out a lot of really good content lately.

Yeah, I mean most top players are able to do that.  Daigo plays Eita's Ken way differently than he plays Kenpi's.  One thing that I think makes Punk unique is his ability to pick up a completely new character and instantly dominate even high level players.  

I'm subbed to both Infexious and Brian F.  Another one you should check out is Sajam's channel 😉.  

Edited by HeavensCloud

After spending the last couple of nights in SFV lounges, it felt good to actually spend a whole night in training mode with Rose. Trying to drill in her punishes into my head, and I found a pretty sneaky VT1 setup (that I stole from FChamp).

I've jumped around characters so much in this game that punishing things in a pinch can be a bit iffy for me, so I'm gonna work at really getting this stuff into muscle-memory now.

Things Capcom should give Rose:

• expand the cancel window on c.hp so that heavy fireball combos from it naturally without counter hit
  • let ex spiral and ex fireball cancel into V skill (similar to Alex spending meter to get stocks)
  • set an exact order on Tarot cards, and change shuffle input to forward or back + V-skill so that you can scroll to specific cards in order
  • put more time on the VT1 gauge and have individual teleports use less of it
1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

Good point, forgot about the PS4 route. That is a practiced hand at it. They may or may not drop a combo here or there, but they have a 100% quit rate.

Actually, you know when you win one match and everything seems okay, but the opponent is gone by the time you hit the rematch screen? I suspect it was a RQ attempt that was too late... These guys suck so much, they can’t even RQ properly.

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Things Capcom should give Rose:

• expand the cancel window on c.hp so that heavy fireball combos from it naturally without counter hit
  • let ex spiral and ex fireball cancel into V skill (similar to Alex spending meter to get stocks)
  • set an exact order on Tarot cards, and change shuffle input to forward or back + V-skill so that you can scroll to specific cards in order
  • put more time on the VT1 gauge and have individual teleports use less of it

I was thinking they should do the following for V-Skill 1.

• The Magician - MP+MK: Builds Rose's V-Gauge
  • The Chariot - F+MP+MK: Increases Rose's damage
  • The Tower - B+MP+MK: Decreases the damage of Rose's opponent
  • Death - D+MP+Mk: Increases chip and gray life damage.

Completely ditch the Fortune Shuffle all together. Let the player manually pick which card to use. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I don't think they would do that. Characters who had these random items Specials never could choose them.

Faust, Platinum, Teddy, the items they toss out is always random. It's usually upset by having stupid good stuff in the random items, so I think the better idea might be to buff the Cards effects.

This is just my personal opinion but I absolutely hate anything random when it comes to FGs. To me that’s synonymous with being unreliable but also “balance” by taking away agency from the player(s). 

Others will disagree but I find that shit annoying and unfun. One of the reasons I play fighting games is because there is basically no randomness involved. 

Edited by Vhozite
15 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

@GetTheTablesWelcome to the MegaShock Dojo family.

Get @Darc_Requiemsome Yakuza Boss Character subtitles. 

Darc Requiem

Patriarch of the Ansatsuken Clan: MegaShock Subsidiary

@Skort

Chairman of the Teakwondo Spider Financial Group

@Phantom_Miria

CEO of Cannon Strike Delta Agency

All we need is some variation of the Majima Everywhere system, a Kuze, some Karaoke and we coo. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Faust, Platinum, Teddy, the items they toss out is always random.

Small correction on this. Teddie’s items have never been random. They always come in a set order. 

Though I do agree with you. If a character is to have a random function to them, there should be a super good option for them whenever they want to use that move otherwise it’s mediocre.

15 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Faust, Platinum, Teddy, the items they toss out is always random. 

I don't know who Teddy is but if I remember correctly, the items Faust gets are based on the timer and there's a rhyme or reason to which ones Platinum gets too but I don't remember what it is. They aren't actually random. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

I don't know who Teddy is but if I remember correctly, the items Faust gets are based on the timer and there's a rhyme or reason to which ones Platinum gets too but I don't remember what it is. They aren't actually random. 

I think you may be confusing Zappa’s ghosts with Faust’s items. I haven’t heard of item toss not being random before.

2 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Fausts Items are completly random.

Platinum also does not have a rythm.

You get an item and then it shows you what you get next, what you get next is completly random.