Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Really liking Rose in SFV.  Besides sharing a lot of the same normals she plays a lot more technical than she did in 4.  Not going to main her or anything but excited to see what people come up with after some labbing.  

Note to Capcom, custom combos are awesome!   Really hope they are using this season as a testing ground for SF6.  

1 minute ago, Mattatsu said:

I cant believe i just found out sfv has negative edge after all this time... I feel super stupid

As a S1 Necalli main I found out real quick about negative edge in SFV.  Might be the worst character in the game for doing it by accident.  They actually had to change up his command grab from punches to kicks because of overlapping inputs.  

I still remember trying to do cr.mk, light stomp into super and getting medium stomp into blocked super instead.  It was even worse with the input delay and lag back then.  

Okay. 

Does Rose's EX Sexy Spiral have invincibility? I was trying to test it against Chun-Li 4HP. I mean, it doesn't seem to have "throw" invincibility but it seems to goes through strikes. Even if this is true, obviously the player is going to need some discretion. 

And, Rose's 2HP is her way of saying:

"O ho! Jumping around like a chimpanzee, are you? How about you sit down for a second and have a cup of tea, with some Soul Power-flavored ass-whooping mix, hm?" 

I mean, that move is hitting *behind* her own head. That's some S1 Cammy 4MP shit! 

13 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

You know what? Fuck this. I want to be good at Strive. Not high level or anything, but better than I am.

I’m going to reach at least gold in SFV before Strive launches.

Better grind BBCF with me to get these Anime basics down 👀

Or AC+R I can Banditbringer the entire round and act like I have an idea of what I'm doing.

19 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Better grind BBCF with me to get these Anime basics down 👀

Or AC+R I can Banditbringer the entire round and act like I have an idea of what I'm doing.

I do want to keep playing BBCF as well as try +R (and keep playing Rev2). It would make more sense to play GG/anime games, but I think I can continue to play both tbh. It would be a good balance and keep me flexible as Strive will likely be some sort of a balance between all of them.

Edit: Thankfully, Cammy is straightforward enough in SFV, that I don’t have much to lab with her. I just need to think more about what I’m doing, and trying to understand my opponent’s habits better.

Edited by Mattatsu

25 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I do want to keep playing BBCF as well as try +R (and keep playing Rev2). It would make more sense to play GG/anime games, but I think I can continue to play both tbh. It would be a good balance and keep me flexible as Strive will likely be some sort of a balance between all of them.

It doesn't matter much what you play, more how you play it. So long as you're focusing on your fundamentals a lot of those skills transfer between games even if it isn't a 1:1.

Like yeah SFV isn't going to help you IAD but playing Cammy is going to make you engage in the strike/throw/bait mixup game a lot, which absolutely will transfer to other games (her being a pesky little pixie even maps well to Millia). 

And: you absolutely can get to Gold, and beyond if you want to. Just need to pick a path and stick with it. You'd be way past me in LP if you didn't get distracted by stupid sexy Sagat every other month and end up doing the character dance. 😉 If you ever want to practice again just gimmie a heads up and I'll dust off Poison.

@Darc_RequiemI'll happily kick my account over to the dojo if I can ever figure out how to leave the one I'm already in.

14 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

You know what? Fuck this. I want to be good at Strive. Not high level or anything, but better than I am.

I’m going to reach at least gold in SFV before Strive launches.

You'll have to go through me, homie. I'm the gatekeeper of wallbreaks. When are we streamin' this ft10?? @KingTubb?? We gotta set this up on Fight Island or something?

Edited by Dayaan