Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

12 hours ago, Skort said:

I never even knew what Resetera is until you guys started posting stuff about their reaction to sexy characters.

Retardera is all the scum and idiocy that left Neogaf.

The ones that actually turned that shit on twatter x 100.

The turbo imbeciles.

There was some drama about the owner of Neogaf being metooed, whiuch ended not being ttrue, but the idiots got pissy because believe all wahmyn and left the site.

Supposedly is a "game devs/press" forum, but as you have may seen already, only lowering iq shit runs amock that site.

8 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Spent all day running an Ethernet cable from my basement to my office (where my playstation is), but it is done.

if anyone wants to play SFV in a couple hours, I wouldn’t be opposed to getting my ass kicked and regret running this fucking thing

edit: I also now have a good monitor for my PS5/laptop, and my laptop has a wired connection as well, so while I’d still rather play on PS5 if given the chance (purely because my laptop is 12 years old and slow/loud), I’m a lot more willing to play you guys on PC then I have been. I have 30A, Fightcade, MVC2, GG AC+R, and BBCF - though the last two I either haven’t played ever (+R), or played once a year ago and don’t remember anything (BB).

I do have a hankering to play SFV tonight. I’d like to see if it runs a bit better on PS5. I’ve heard that it does.

You have CF on your Laptop?

When do we play today? 

👀

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Just message me over Steam or Discord, I'll ever be around or asleep, if the later is the case, it's just bad luck for me.

I’m going to open my day up a bit more. I still likely won’t be able to play for another 5-6 hours from now, but hopefully we can get some games in.

I’m glad i ran that cable yesterday and we played last night. I honestly had a blast guys. I played a  casual set afterwards and had a great time with it too.

i’ll put Doom Eternal on the back burner for now (i was kinda in a weird spot with it anyway)... I’ll keep playing FGs for now, because i’m going to hit Strive hard and want to be in decent form for it.

cypher, i’m booting up BBCF now, but i’m remote so i can’t play wired yet (which is good, i need to lab). I should be good to go in like 4 hours, give or take

Edited by Mattatsu
18 minutes ago, mykka said:

Interesting how they used the Capcom Fighting Evolution outfit as her nostalgia one.

They nailed her theme.

She's looking pretty slick. Love her battle costume 

What other costumes could they have really used? Personally I wished they used her trenchcoat outfit from menat's story as her default so we can get Alpha as the nostalgia costume. 

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I’m going to open my day up a bit more. I still likely won’t be able to play for another 5-6 hours from now, but hopefully we can get some games in.

@ me when you're up. I'm free the whole day. (Even more than usual)

I'll be hanging around playing some random jank if anyone wants games. If possible, @ me on Discord, it'll be easier for me to notice because my phone flares up.

Edit: Actually, I'll need 2 hours or so. Something interesting came up.

22 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

This is news to me.  

Huh. So they actually know that when playing online, it's Grid or bust. Interesting. Hopefully that mess gets fixed on SF6.

Edited by Volt
1 hour ago, Hawkingbird said:

What other costumes could they have really used? Personally I wished they used her trenchcoat outfit from menat's story as her default so we can get Alpha as the nostalgia costume. 

Exactly this. Although I dont think her Alpha classic translates that well to SFV. 

I'm gonna be writing win quotes in the AM. Can't wait.

Btw, I fought some dude named "TwinBlades" yesterday. He was using Juri. I was kinda excited because I thought I got paired with the homie again. The Juri part threw me off, but I thought maybe he was learning her.

Only to realize it was someone on the East Coast and not our TWINBLADES. Sad.

1 hour ago, GetTheTables said:

@VoltYou gonna be around in a hour and a half or so (1pm my time)? Got a few things to take care of but I should be ready to lobby up around then.

Sorry, I missed that post, was having lunch.

Yeah, sure. Need to take my mind off things.

2 hours ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Ah I thought that was a general CPT Rule, alright then.

The CPT rules only ban costumes if they mess with the gameplay, like Gill's Pyron costume that has weird visual effects all over the place or Mika's cheerleader costume where she has pom-poms covering her hands.

Edited by Phantom_Miria

A few observations from that Rose trailer:

Standing HP is special cancellable, which is wild considering how much range it has.

She can link st LK target combo after cr MP.

Jumping MK crossup confirmed.

EX Soul Spiral went through Menat's orb, so it likely has projectile invulnerability. Time will tell if it's strike invincible too.

Her v-reversal has some decent horizontal range, it knocked down Menat from her spaced out st MP.

Gonna be a long day. I wanted to jump in and play when you guys were in a lounge last night, but I have no desire to play anyone else right now.

19 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

EX Soul Spiral went through Menat's orb, so it likely has projectile invulnerability. Time will tell if it's strike invincible too.

Menat's orb isn't a projectile, else the whole cast gets in for free.   I think the orb simply missed due to hurtbox shifting.

Rose says 'reflect' during v-reversal.  But does it??? 

Battle costume best costume, no argument.  She looks right at the camera, has freckles on her cheeks! 🥰 The red ribbon by her ponytail is adorable. 

Edited by Pair of Rooks
4 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Menat's orb isn't a projectile, else the whole cast gets in for free.   I think the orb simply missed due to hurtbox shifting.

People gonna lose their shit if EX Spiral is legit invul. 🤣

Got a timestamp? I'm legit curious.

2 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Rose says 'reflect' during v-reversal.  But does it??? 

Battle costume best costume, no argument.  She looks right at the camera, has freckles on her cheeks! 🥰 The red ribbon by her ponytail is adorable. 

Her normals aren't projectiles, I know, but I meant her orb toss special, which is.

When it shows off the V-shift, Menat does a normal cancelled into orb toss. Rose V-shifts the normal, then plows through the orb toss with EX Soul Spiral.

2 minutes ago, Yiceman said:

Her normals aren't projectiles, I know, but I meant her orb toss special, which is.

When it shows off the V-shift, Menat does a normal cancelled into orb toss. Rose V-shifts the normal, then plows through the orb toss with EX Soul Spiral.

Yeah, definitely some projectile invul on that.

Because fuck Sagat I guess.

Guys, I need help, I’m PC illiterate...

how the F do you make a Steam game go full screen on an extended monitor and not the main laptop monitor?

I’ve tried putting the window into the extended display before maximizing it, or setting the extended display at my main display, as well as looked at any option but can’t find a way to do this and it’s driving me mad.

edit: figured it out but instead of just scaling the low res image to fit the larger screen (which I understand would look worse), I have to select the appropriate resolution, and BBCF becomes so slow it’s unplayable at this setting.

Edited by Mattatsu

ResetEra still at it

"The FGC is filled with some of the most unabashedly horny people in the world. Unsurprisingly, they can also be known to treat women exceedingly poorly. Eventhubs, one of the more notable sites for fighting game news, is filled with shitty alt-liters. It also regularly has "art showcases" which are essentially just an excuse to post fanart of scantly clad women. The FGC is just a fucking mess. So, unfortunately, this shit is going to be encouraged.

Hell, just look at how pissed the fans were when Mortal Kombat tried to ditch the shitty, sexist designs of the past. They lost their minds. It is a sad state of affairs."

----

"Rose had much sketchier looking costumes in SFIV, and she's been a sexualized character since the 90s so I was expecting much worse. The biggest criticism I have are probably the heels.

Maybe the two new guys that are commanding the series from now on will be good for this after all. The other confirmed female character for this season, Akira, was also a really good choice. Hopefully they'll carry this direction to SFVI, specially with others like Cammy and Juri."

Edited by mykka