Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, Yiceman said:

3 more days until we wait another 3 days for the release of Rose on April 19th  😝

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/04/06/street-fighter-v-spring-update-brings-news-on-the-hermit-oro-and-soul-powered-rose/

@GreatDarkHeroI'm with you on the sentiments though

My fault. Six days. 

And, I am noticing a lot of Alex players on PC. I gotten three in a row and then ran into two of em' yesterday while trying to make a vid

10 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Nope, I know the DLC keeps people in. SFV got some HQ DLC this past 2 years. I'm just messin' witchu. 

My time tables on that subject were messed up to begin with. 

Meanwhile, it's somewhat refreshing to see a Zeku... I don't think I've *ever* recorded a single match against him. 

Strangely, I've ran into quite a few Zeku's back in Nov 19 up in Richmond. I really like the character, at least in concept. I need to get around to actually... *practicing* him, aside from just making full meter combo stuff.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Exhibit #15784 of why fighting games are better with chip kills

Chip kills are great. I wish more games would incorporate them into the gameplay loop... with secondary defensive options. I know this sounds like parry defending, but in 3S you can counter chip kills with parries. I wish there was something like JD or whatever in more games to win in that sense, but still, even without those, chip kills would be sick.

10 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

Chip kills are great. I wish more games would incorporate them into the gameplay loop... with secondary defensive options. I know this sounds like parry defending, but in 3S you can counter chip kills with parries. I wish there was something like JD or whatever in more games to win in that sense, but still, even without those, chip kills would be sick.

Yeah plenty of other games have mechanics like that so it’s not some far fetched thing to ask for. In GG and BB iirc you can spend meter for barrier block (I’m sorry I can’t think of the real name) which negates chip. In MK11 you are protected from chip kills while you have defensive meter and I’m pretty sure flawless blocking negates chip entirely.  And like you said 3S has parries.

I’m perfectly fine with chip kills being avoidable if it involves some investment or input from the defending player. But this clip is just straight up nonsense. Mika gets saved by magic pixel then gets effectively infinite health to downback in the corner and build meter until Cody takes a risk and dumps his whole bar for chip out or the game times out. Like I don’t understand how anyone can watch this clip and think “this is healthy”.

Also, while I’m being a old stick in the mud that caption is really bugging me. Dude is talking about never give up like he clawed his way to victory when there was like 3 game mechanics working overtime to keep him in the match lol.

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

Can anyone in the classroom tell me what the Cody player did wrong?

Played SF5.

12 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Yeah plenty of other games have mechanics like that so it’s not some far fetched thing to ask for.

Nah, all that can get tossed. Some of them are okay to terrible depending on the series. But for the most part people want more mechanics so it can save them from 5 or 6 terrible things having happened to them.  Might as well go with the Sirlin idea and just put time travel in the game so you can fix all your gameplay errors.

26 minutes ago, Volt said:

EX moves should be able to chip kill. Not regular specials, but like, EX? That'd be alright.

This is good compromise, but I don’t like that with that system we are still taxing the winning player just so his specials can function the same way they do for the other 99% of the match. It will still lead to situations where the defender is avoiding a KO for no resources and with no input and it also doesn’t address the checkmate situations that everyone hates.

The lack of chip out isn’t the only thing wrong here. It’s that Mika doesn’t have to do anything to avoid dying to 4 would be fatal hits until Cody blows super, then she dumps half her VT and 2 EX bars for the kill. She should have to pay to play in this situation or be forced into actively avoiding Cody’s options. 

Edited by Vhozite
2 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I honestly can’t tell who this is.

My best guess is Mercenary Tao.

Uhhhhhh, let's see... Who got a scarf and a bowl cut...

Geese. 🙃

In other news, another step closer to P4A on Steam.

48 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

I got myself too hyped and thought it was the second beta. 

Strive is going to get an arcade release and there will be a location test.

Watch people only want arcades at locals like it's 3S or ST LOL.

@Vhozite try out Star Realms or Legends of Runeterra (the League of Legends card game). Star Realms is a deck building game. You can try it out for free and if you like it, its only 5 bills to play online with other people.

Legends of Runeterra makes Hearthstone look like it was designed by people who can't hold their heads upright. Not sure how the mobile side of it plays, but is a very solid card game.

Edited by Sonero
14 hours ago, Vhozite said:

The lack of chip out isn’t the only thing wrong here. It’s that Mika doesn’t have to do anything to avoid dying to 4 would be fatal hits until Cody blows super, then she dumps half her VT and 2 EX bars for the kill. She should have to pay to play in this situation or be forced into actively avoiding Cody’s options. 

Normally I'd advocate for barrier block/FD, but the problem is that the extra pushback would make offense pretty much unviable...

What about some kind of instant block? Time it right and you get a bit extra meter and no chip. No frame data or pushback changes like in ArcSys games.

8 hours ago, Dracu said:

They bleeped the swear words but not the N-Word? 🤣

2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I got myself too hyped and thought it was the second beta. 

Strive is going to get an arcade release and there will be a location test.

Ah yes, loketests. The great equalizer. Now PC and PS players unite in the struggle watching JP arcade players getting a "beta" before us.

spacer.png

Edit: English.

Edited by Volt
39 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

That would be a surprise if it's vice because who would she team up besides from Mature without Iori around....

Unless He is back?

Jzt05ul.png

Been telling people this ever since Benimaru was confirmed to not be in Kyo's team and confirmed it when Chizuru dropped.

The moment Mature and Vice show up, the cat's out of the bag. I actually hope they have the common sense of showing Rugal first. (Or at least a somewhat convincing fake out like Adelheid.)