Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was thinking and I thought there is something that might made it on purpose to stay the like that way of execution to avoid conflict on combo stuff to be precise and different in motion to the ordinary special version. I was wrong.

Well, the question of what motion should a move have is kinda interesting. Most of that because there are games that have turned the idea of certain on its ass without the world ending. When you analyze all the different FGs, you really start pinpointing which attributes make characters truly go wrong.

Fantasy Strike has a character with a one button piledriver. One button SPD didn't break the game. BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle gave almost everybody invincible DPs that could be done by pushing two buttons; that didn't break the game either. 

Motions matter for some stuff. Think Mike Z said that SPD'a motion made it so you needed X amount of frames and if it didn't things would get messy. Motion hasn't been an issue as much as range and position after command grab. Phenom  used Daigo's Guile's head like a basketball with a HCB command grab.

I'm not saying that next SF shouldn't have motions. I like motions even when I'm missing DPs. Motions feel good to do. There's just a different experience in playing a game where I hit more inputs to do things and games where I don't. But this experience is purely psychological and a few games have shown that it won't break the game to have specials done with 1 button.

The question will always be: whats the frame data and properties of said move being done. If a move is bonkers from doing it with one button, odds are its broken with a bunch of other motions.

1 hour ago, Shakunetsu said:

I was thinking and I thought there is something that might made it on purpose to stay the like that way of execution to avoid conflict on combo stuff to be precise and different in motion to the ordinary special version. I was wrong.

Thanks for clarifying

USF4 Hawk had a special move changed from backward DP to forward DP and it made a world of difference. He could walk forward and on reaction special forward,  over lows and EX through projectiles. Players were very happy with the change.

Only other instances of changed trigger motions were Juri and Menat so similar motions wouldn't overlap. P moves changed to K or vice versa. 

So it does make a difference, but mostly in a quality of life kind of way.

12 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

USF4 Hawk had a special move changed from backward DP to forward DP and it made a world of difference.

This reminded me of I-No's motion change to...Chemical Love I think its called? That also changed a lot for her in terms of how often she could use it too.

10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

SF6 should be Alpha 2 without air block

Fixed it for you.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I'd be down for SF6 not having EX moves. 

Or dashes.

Im sure a lot of people would be put off but as long as the characters are diverse mechanically I’d unironically ok with a game like this. 

Edited by Vhozite
3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I'd be down for SF6 not having EX moves. 

I prefer EX over supers. EX moves gradually make the middle and end of rounds different from the beginning, and make round 2 begin different from round 1.  They're a nice finite resource that allows you to overcome a problem that would be unbalanced if allowed all the time.  I greatly prefer it over the binary nature of supers.

And dashes are fine if they're reactable.

3 hours ago, Sonero said:

This reminded me of I-No's motion change to...Chemical Love I think its called? That also changed a lot for her in terms of how often she could use it too.

Oh, so that's why it was weird to do it in +R!

Honestly, HCF motions should be saved for supers or command grabs.

2 hours ago, AriesWarlock said:

DP motions in SF6 should be down, down + P.

Josuke_delete_this.gif

17 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I really liked SFxT's ex charge stuff. I don't know if I'd like it in a main SF game, but it was at least interesting.

It's neat, but in SFxT I'm pretty sure it's only really useful in certain tag combos.  Not all that applicable in 1-on-1 situations, and it's hard to imagine them making a main line SF sequel into a team game.

22 minutes ago, Reticently said:

It's neat, but in SFxT I'm pretty sure it's only really useful in certain tag combos.  Not all that applicable in 1-on-1 situations, and it's hard to imagine them making a main line SF sequel into a team game.

I can't remember now, but couldn't you dash out of it like a Juri VS1 to keep the store?

Edit: And yeah, as I said, I don't know if I'd like it in a mainline SF game, but I think it definitely is an interesting wrinkle.

Edited by JustBrowsing
44 minutes ago, JustBrowsing said:

I can't remember now, but couldn't you dash out of it like a Juri VS1 to keep the store?

Edit: And yeah, as I said, I don't know if I'd like it in a mainline SF game, but I think it definitely is an interesting wrinkle.

Sort of, but not really in the way you mean.  Dash cancelling a charge after a certain amount of time stores a counter hit, more like Alex's VS1.

Useful, but still means that you're not really charging into the EX moves outside of some specific tag combos.

The stream was nice. The game is mad good and the graphics are spot on. You feel like you are playing the actual cartoon show. 

A boss kicked my ass way too many times but i managed to beat it eventually. Will continue the stream tomorrow ! 

Great example of a game that does not need to be AAA bullshit and have insane budget to be fun. It's a game made for fans of the show,very well done devs.

Edited by Skort
1 hour ago, Skort said:

The stream was nice. The game is mad good and the graphics are spot on. You feel like you are playing the actual cartoon show. 

A boss kicked my ass way too many times but i managed to beat it eventually. Will continue the stream tomorrow ! 

Great example of a game that does not need to be AAA bullshit and have insane budget to be fun. It's a game made for fans of the show,very well done devs.

Quality stream background.

I just annotated a 3 page essay for 2.5 hours. It's incredible how motivated you can be to have a meaningful dialogue on a topic you care about with someone you care about. I've never worked this hard on a school annotation ever. This was far more productive and I feel I am more knowledgeable than before.

People should argue with their mates more about stuff they care about. Love each other like you love your own mind. Need to work on that stuff, yeah?

Hi guys about reading input again

What do you think about SNK's like QCB, DB, F and F, B, HCF

Is snk like motion more prone to mistake of executing a special move instead compare to Capcom's QCFx2 or SNK motion is better?

Is SNK motion had purpose in terms of precision concern

2 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Hi guys about reading input again

What do you think about SNK's like QCB, DB, F and F, B, HCF

Is snk like motion more prone to mistake of executing a special move instead compare to Capcom's QCFx2 or SNK motion is better?

Is SNK motion had purpose in terms of precision concern

SNK is silly.

Honestly, super motions, and motions in general ain't rocket science. Just try your best to avoid overlaps. That's about it.

Capcom would do just fine with 632146 motions for supers for a lot of characters.

Meanwhile we got G having dumb overlap for 0 reason. 

3 hours ago, Skort said:

I swear @Shakunetsu is working for Capcom and trying to get feedback for SF6.

How I wished I am, LOL

I'm just gathering opinion, i'm kinda concern to know the pros and cons of everything. 

I do have a SF fan project game that probably wouldn't happen. So someday if I had the time again I hope to learn to code again and learn a game engine . 

I also have a dream fighting game project that is based on FG tropes, that I assemble like 3 years ago.  It had already a lore based astrology and mystics which are concepts based from my fanfics  posted in character threads and story threads. 

On 4/8/2021 at 4:14 PM, clandestine said:

I wouldn't mind if SF6 changed their art style, I've never been a big fan of the gigantic hands and feet thing. Also, on the topic of KOF15, I would be interested in the game, but I don't want to be upset again when they decide to screw over PC players by making the game EGS exclusive, like they did with Samurai Shodown.

PC players are goofy for coming like they can't wait to play the game then passing on it because it's not in the store they'd prefer. I get the impression that for a lot of PC gamers, actually playing games is a secondary interest.

Edited by DoctaMario
8 minutes ago, Shakunetsu said:

I also have a dream fighting game project that is based on FG tropes, that I assemble like 3 years ago. 

I am further developing my skills in Blender and i also picked up UE 4 SDK ( its free ) to test things out and learn it. 

I used to do Counter Strike maps  and assets in Valve Hammer Editor  so i kinda wanna get back into it slowly but surely. I'll hit you up when we ready 😛  😅

6 minutes ago, Skort said:

I am further developing my skills in Blender and i also picked up UE 4 SDK ( its free ) to test things out and learn it. 

I used to do Counter Strike maps  and assets in Valve Hammer Editor  so i kinda wanna get back into it slowly but surely. I'll hit you up when we ready 😛  😅

That reminds me, I found this page with links to free courses. Maybe you'll learn valuable info from them:

https://www.udemy.com/course/game-hacking/

https://www.udemy.com/course/become-a-2d-and-3d-game-developer-with-unity/

https://www.udemy.com/course/game-asset-creation-with-houdini-c/

Just now, Skort said:

Wow that's great

I only knew a animating in flash and a tiny bit of maya lol

29 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

PC players are goofy for coming like they can't wait to play the game then passing on it because it's not in the store they'd prefer. I get the impression that for a lot of PC gamers, actually playing games is a secondary interest.

That goes a bit deeper.

For one Epic Store is not a good storefront, it is hella buggy (even worse than Steam is), the Epic Launcher is a higher risk for your safed money, than running around in public yelling your infos into the sky and offering your card for free use. Also the second to last Update on the Epic Launcher basically turned it into a rootkit, sounds familiar?

Then comes Epics attitude into play. They want to be concurrence to Steam, but instead of having an actual good storefront and good business practice, they just throw money at Devs for exclusivity deals. While yelling around that Steam is anti-consumer.

So they use an anti-consumer practice to prove that they are not anti-consumer, but their concurrence is.

If you think that is bad, you should see how utterly terrible Epics normal relationships to Devs are or how terrible the sales of all their exclusive deals are.

Like Epic having a sale, without asking Devs if they're allowed to put their games onto discount, they still do this btw.

Sure Epic takes a smaller cut than Steam, but they shit all over Consumer and Devs in turn.

Now people are supposed to vote with their wallet and not supporting what they believe is bad is the right decision.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
13 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

That goes a bit deeper.

For one Epic Store is not a good storefront, it is hella buggy (even worse than Steam is), the Epic Launcher is a higher risk for your safed money, than running around in public yelling your infos into the sky and offering your card for free use. Also the second to last Update on the Epic Launcher basically turned it into a rootkit, sounds familiar?

Then comes Epics attitude into play. They want to be concurrence to Steam, but instead of having an actual good storefront and good business practice, they just throw money at Devs for exclusivity deals. While yelling around that Steam is anti-consumer.

So they use an anti-consumer practice to prove that they are not anti-consumer, but their concurrence is.

If you think that is bad, you should see how utterly terrible Epics normal relationships to Devs are or how terrible the sales of all their exclusive deals are.

Like Epic having a sale, without asking Devs if they're allowed to put their games onto discount, they still do this btw.

Sure Epic takes a smaller cut than Steam, but they shit all over Consumer and Devs in turn.

Now people are supposed to vote with their wallet and not supporting what they believe is bad is the right decision.

I get free games though suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiiickkkkkkkkk

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

It's not that simple. Epic Game store is trash. It's client is not as robust as Steam. There's still so much missing from the Epic store like user reviewers, a forum/reddit/whatever for a community to build around it, for the longest time it didn't have simple shit like a fucking shopping cart. It's still very much a work in progress and not a good one at that.

There's been multiple instances were Epic has proven to be a security risk. Early on it leech data from your steam's friend list without user consent. Because of lack of shopping cart Epic's systems would lock people out of their accounts thinking they were bots for making too many purchases. Been there's the recent bullshit of the launcher becoming a rootkit. 

Then there's the fact that Tencent owns half the company. I'm sure there's a portion of people out that don't want their info in the hands of a Chinese corp that's tight with the CCP.  

28 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Snip

Honestly, other than the security concerns,  these are all pretty crappy reasons to not want to buy games on a different storefront. It's sad that rather than play a game they're supposedly excited about, people want to bitch that there's no shopping cart or social media functions. You probably play games that are made with Unreal Engine all the time, so Tencent is getting your money regardless. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Snip

the PC community is always coming up with fixes for shoddily programmed ports and other issues, I'm very surprised nobody has come up with a way to sandbox the egs app so it doesn't grab your info. And I would argue Steam IS anti consumer since they're apparently the only place to buy new games on PC at least according to some. People always talking PC master race this and that, but why don't they have more than one decent store for new games?

Edited by DoctaMario
2 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Honestly, other than the security concerns,  these are all pretty crappy reasons to not want to buy games on a different storefront. It's sad that rather than play a game they're supposedly excited about, people want to bitch that there's no shopping cart or social media functions. You probably play games that are made with Unreal Engine all the time, so Tencent is getting your money regardless. 

I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the basics just because they have something I'm interested in. The feature depth of Steam's community features makes playing a multiplayer game like Borderlands 3 far better than it would on Epic. Things like that it easier and more enjoyable to play games with others which what Epic severely lacks. Don't understate how things like this affect the experience. 

No shopping cart is a big deal. A store with no cart is like having a house without an essential appliance. I dunno about you but I buy things in bulk especially when there's a sale. It missing lead to a direct security issue. 

There are very valid reasons. It's no different from console how two generations ago people preferred Xbox Live over PSN. It didn't matter much to folks that PS3 online was free when the online are mostly unstable, majority of games relied on peer-to-peer instead of servers and it's online store started as a web page. 

1 hour ago, DoctaMario said:

the PC community is always coming up with fixes for shoddily programmed ports and other issues, I'm very surprised nobody has come up with a way to sandbox the egs app so it doesn't grab your info. And I would argue Steam IS anti consumer since they're apparently the only place to buy new games on PC at least according to some. People always talking PC master race this and that, but why don't they have more than one decent store for new games?

Ah verstanden, pirating game!