Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

18 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

Yeah, i think so as well. I had to relocate my console though and now i’m in a spot with wifi only.

Now you're perfectly configured for the SFV Online experience. 🙃

Its really cool to see so much positive energy around Rose. Nothing worse than finally getting your character and they are butt. Looking forward to seeing matches with her in the future. Also seeing more Akira.

4 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

snip

Facts on the issue:

1)  Damage on Strive is getting nerfed. Damage on Hyper Fight stays high as hell.

2) Anti airs are nerfed in Strive also nerfed. Anti Airs in Hyper Fight kill people.

3) Strive got rid of Instakills. HyperFight has instakills.

😤

🙏

6 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Damage on Hyper Fight stays high as hell.

See below

Anti Airs in Hyper Fight kill people.

Everything kills people. Hyperfight on some Bushido blade shit 

Strive got rid of Instakills. HyperFight ONLY has instakills.

FTFY

Unless you count super KO instant match win as IK, but only some characters have those, like based frog.

But i thought no IK in Strive isn't confirmed. They teased them in the I-No trailer. 

Edit: the fuck is wrong with me, Hyperfight dope and we have 2 months till strive. 

HYPERFIGHT AND NOTHING ELSE 

Edited by KingTubb
31 minutes ago, Volt said:

If anything, Hyperfight is the best practice for Strive because of the damage.

Nago's Blood Rage super might as well be an IK anyway. 🤣

Also, Pertho forgot the biggest draw of Strive rn. No, not the Rollback.

Giovanna's Tiddies.

unknown.png

Dude, you really need to practice drawing so you can hornycreate instead of hornypost. Please.

16 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Damn I just got offered a job in my field (solar) I’m lowkey bout to have a panic attack. 

im ready but not *READY*. I applied for this job on a whim and didn’t even expect and interview, let alone a higher. 

This shit might actually change my life

What's stopping you?

12 minutes ago, Dayaan said:

What's stopping you?

Nothing is stopping me literally, I just meant I was not at all prepared to land this job. I made a lot of fucking mistakes in the application process that couldve eliminated me on the spot. I’ve literally never used the program they work with and I said as much in the interview since it was like the first question they asked. I wouldn’t have even applied if I didn’t misread the job listing. 

I crammed for a couple hours yesterday to brush up on knowledge but gave up because there was no way I’d be able to cover everything I wanted to. Stayed up late paying Pokémon and wore my sneakers with the different colored laces to the interview instead of dress shoes cause “fuck it”.

Edited by Vhozite
5 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

. I’ve literally never used the program they work with and I said as much in the interview since it was like the first question they asked. I wouldn’t have even applied if I didn’t misread the job listing. 

For a number of jobs, this is kind of a plus.

If you have a resume of being willing to learn and carrying a few skills around, unless you need highly specialized knowledge (stem stuff for the most part), most jobs are going to train you. Be upfront about being willing to learn and talk about times you had to teach yourself to do hard things. Showing them a disposition that's willing to work hard and willing to learn is worth a hell of a lot more than you'd think.

31 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Damn I just got offered a job in my field (solar) I’m lowkey bout to have a panic attack. 

im ready but not *READY*. I applied for this job on a whim and didn’t even expect and interview, let alone a higher. 

This shit might actually change my life

That's awesome! Congratulations!

18 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

I crammed for a couple hours yesterday to brush up on knowledge but gave up because there was no way I’d be able to cover everything I wanted to. Stayed up late paying Pokémon and wore my sneakers with the different colored laces to the interview instead of dress shoes cause “fuck it”.

Did you really give up like that? 

Bro, you can't do this, ever. If anything, you should've gone above and beyond and shown a desire to learn. I literally landed a graphics design job with my only experience on the subject being MS Paint Shitposts because my old boss recognized I had potential and willingness to learn.

55 minutes ago, Vhozite said:

Plenty of us feel this way about you and you’re still around. Be nice

I mean, I watch the same cycle repeat itself since years now.

At this point I wonder why I haven't gotten insane.

Then again I question this during every shift at work, that has a different reasoning.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I mean, I watch the same cycle repeat itself since years now.

At this point I wonder why I haven't gotten insane.

Then again I question this during every shift at work, that has a different reasoning.

Sounds like you gotta stop letting SFV live rent-free in your head and play Hyperfight with the Discord goons.

35 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

I actually care little about the game.

I just find it funny how people can get hyped for something and then a week later tops no one cares about it, since at that point they realiced that they still play the same game as before and they still don't enjoy it.

Could be a case study or the definition of insanity..... or both.

The only people really hype about Rose here are Yiceman who's been waiting for Rose for a while and is a real Rose fan, Twin, who haven't recognized Rose ain't a blonde, and people who still play SFV.

1 hour ago, Vhozite said:

I remember way back in the day when I was still a lil' jit, I wore a pair of Chuck Taylor's with my business casual attire to a job interview and was laughed at. When the interviewer asked why I wore those shoes I told her, "Well, Snoop Dogg wears Chuck Taylor's with a full suit." and she quickly responded with, "Well, you ain't Snoop Dogg." and they proceeded to laugh my ass out the building. It's not something I would ever do today, but the world must be changing for a man to land a job wearing sneakers with different colored laces.

1 hour ago, Yiceman said:

@Darc_RequiemGood looking out. I've already watched the original footage 100 times, might as well watch this one too.

In other news, I just popped the Injustice 2 platinum. That's my 137th platinum trophy on Playstation. Thanks again to @Hawkingbirdand @Mattatsufor the assists.

I'd link you Sonic Sol's Twitch archive but I saw you in the chat while he was counting the frames to her entire move set 😉

Edited by Darc_Requiem
1 hour ago, clandestine said:

I remember way back in the day when I was still a lil' jit, I wore a pair of Chuck Taylor's with my business casual attire to a job interview and was laughed at. When the interviewer asked why I wore those shoes I told her, "Well, Snoop Dogg wears Chuck Taylor's with a full suit." and she quickly responded with, "Well, you ain't Snoop Dogg." and they proceeded to laugh my ass out the building. It's not something I would ever do today, but the world must be changing for a man to land a job wearing sneakers with different colored laces.

In all seriousness it was a calculated risk. I looked up the place before going and saw photos of the employees...could tell it wasn’t a hyper professional place in terms of dress. Figured they wouldn’t care even if they did notice (most people don’t), and frankly by the time I was leaving I didn’t have time to swap the laces anyway. 

I had dress shoes but it would’ve looked like clown shit with the rest of what I was wearing and I couldn’t find a pair of dress socks. Khakis I wore also were fading on the knees but I figured they wouldn’t see that either lol. Pro tip...don’t fall behind on laundry when looking for a job. 

So yeah I said “fuck it” and wore them lol. 

Edited by Vhozite
10 minutes ago, BornWinner said:

Surprise! It was Mai all along.

I guess the shattering comes in with them not confirming Mai, King, and Yuri as a team. Could King and Yuri share a team with Ryo like King of Fighters 11? Who will Mai team up with? Where’s the other members of CYS? And when will they reveal K’ and Leona?

I am absolutely shocked! Shocked I tell you! 😮

Edit: Capcom has put out a survey after the Spring Update. 

https://project.tolunastart.com/tqsruntime/main?surveyData=D0NAkMjf8+wd4M9q2mDuYJKlbrgnl6q9Wwda72sDCG5xNgbbygF80itymDDK6pPU

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 hours ago, BornWinner said:

I guess the shattering comes in with them not confirming Mai, King, and Yuri as a team. Could King and Yuri share a team with Ryo like King of Fighters 11? Who will Mai team up with? Where’s the other members of CYS? And when will they reveal K’ and Leona?

Yeah I'm kinda suprised too that she ain't with Yuri and King, and yeah looks like were gonna loose Robert

2 hours ago, Mattatsu said:

I’ve never played KOF, but know it is (or can be?) a team game with groups of three, and it seems like characters are revealed in teams... can you pick any character to make a team of three, or are the teams fixed?

Teams are only relevant for story and character selection screen purposes.

You can build your own team.

The game runs on a 3v3 structure, but there's no tagging or assists, basically, rounds are 1v1. Health regens after each round by a slight amount depending on the round time left, meter carries out between rounds and you set your team order right before the match.

I've been hopping into training mode for KoF XIV (which I never really played seriously) to try to get my appetite up for XV, and there's something vaguely dissatisfying about how the gameplay feels.  I just can't quite pin down what it is.

I hope they manage to recapture some of the spark the engine for XIII had.

Tubb's point is important for anyone who hasn't played KOF before. Its not a team game in the same sense that Capcom fans are used it. 

Its more like each player has 3 lifebars and you're picking how you want each of those lifebars to play. Also gets interesting because it has some meta consideration to it. I'm not the biggest KOF fan but I'll definitely give this new one a spin if the netcode is solid.

Also congrats to @Vhozite on the job offer. Fuckin' awesome when that happens. Sometimes just going into an interview and being real pays off. If you had gone in there and tried to bullshit them you probably would have gone right into the reject pile. 

7 minutes ago, Reticently said:

I've been hopping into training mode for KoF XIV (which I never really played seriously) to try to get my appetite up for XV, and there's something vaguely dissatisfying about how the gameplay feels.  I just can't quite pin down what it is.

I hope they manage to recapture some of the spark the engine for XIII had.

Weird. I actually liked 14 more, I didn't like the drive system of 13 at all.

15 apparently fixed my biggest gripe with 14, namely how it locks EX moves behind Max Mode.