Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

51 minutes ago, Pair of Rooks said:

Well shit just add Kate Beckinsale in a black trench and you got my dollars.  Probably @Emptyeyes's dollars too.  😆

Hm. Indeed.

This reminded me of the not so accessibility of gothic clothing and accessories here in Louisiana. I miss 10 years ago.

It's always nice to see such fashion and lifestyle on others, however.

Edited by Emptyeyes
5 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Good. They need to sit down, shut up, watch Jojo, and keep their idiotic opinions to themselves.

Lisa Lisa in Jojo

Capcom isn't even trying to be subtle in the slightest way with Rose and Lisa Lisa.

Well one trait they took over from Lisa Lisa to Rose is both love taking baths.

Was Lisa also a fan of Sherry Whine? Can't remember, Rose loves that stuff, I bet in one of her ending she took a bath in it.

She was also taking a bath in her Alpha 2 ending if I remember.

Rose is nice, again I love how she has a Swimsuit that is actually not cheap.

Edited by Mr.Cipher
17 hours ago, mykka said:

ResetEra still at it

"The FGC is filled with some of the most unabashedly horny people in the world. Unsurprisingly, they can also be known to treat women exceedingly poorly. Eventhubs, one of the more notable sites for fighting game news, is filled with shitty alt-liters. It also regularly has "art showcases" which are essentially just an excuse to post fanart of scantly clad women. The FGC is just a fucking mess. So, unfortunately, this shit is going to be encouraged.

Hell, just look at how pissed the fans were when Mortal Kombat tried to ditch the shitty, sexist designs of the past. They lost their minds. It is a sad state of affairs."

----

"Rose had much sketchier looking costumes in SFIV, and she's been a sexualized character since the 90s so I was expecting much worse. The biggest criticism I have are probably the heels.

Maybe the two new guys that are commanding the series from now on will be good for this after all. The other confirmed female character for this season, Akira, was also a really good choice. Hopefully they'll carry this direction to SFVI, specially with others like Cammy and Juri."

I get the impression that ResetEra is a eunuch community or that if they still have their dicks, they flog themselves for having an erection. 😂

10 minutes ago, Reticently said:

there's another Alpha game on the way.

kanye west GIF by Danny Chang

Wouldn't it have to take place before Alpha 2? 

I'm no lore nerd, but I gathered that A2 is a retcon of A1 and A2 and 3 take place between SF1 and SF2. 

Would it be a pre SF1 alpha game? That would be wild 

2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Wouldn't it have to take place before Alpha 2? 

Without spoilers (minor though they are) Rose ends her story having a premonition of the apocalypse, and realizes that she's too late to stop it.  She bemoans the fact that if only her younger self knew what she knows now then she might have been able to do something about it.  Then she realizes that she CAN tell her younger self (probably some psychic thing), and says something along the lines of "going back to zero".

It's better that they also clear up the SF1 situation kinda weird that those fighters seems important same with it being a "tournament" for the best of the best. when the competent characters in SF universe weren't even there and  it was only Sagat, Gen and Ryu that was relevant characters as strong fighters in the story.

Then make other relevant SF characters like Oro, Urien, G and Viper exist in Alpha already even in the background.

While also clearing up SF2 story not turning it into a tournament.

7 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

You mean how birdie went reverse Michael Jackson? 

Along with random ordinary joes like Joe, Mike and a unknown ninja from the Geki Clan as they were meant to be the best of the best in world lol

They need to ditch the tournament story.

Edited by Shakunetsu
Just now, KingTubb said:

And explain what happened to Ryu's shoes and why he thought he could pull off red hair 

There was a fan theory I stumble upon in a mugen forum before that it was related to satsu no hadou being active, It's the best explanation and theoy so far than Ryu loves to dye his hair lol

Tournament stories doesn't really age well in fighting games, because it's relevance to power tiers and power level like the who beats who and who stronger than who.

Samsho like storytelling is better for SF. 

Edited by Shakunetsu