Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Rose feels solid AF.  Has some Alex-ish issues where her big buttons can get low profiled, but she just doesn't need to swing for the fences like that so NBD.

You really have to pick the right AA for the situation, because Soul Bind seems to have a pretty narrow hit box.

I think she'll struggle with slippery good-buttons characters, like Karin, who can kind of out box her.  But she feels like she's got big FUCK YOU energy against a lot of the rest of the cast.

VS2 is the truth.  I'm sure VS1 has some highlight reel stuff, but VS2 is never not good, and she is waaaaay scarier with it going.

2 hours ago, Vhozite said:

What the hell even is ResetEra? Before these last few pages I’d never even heard of the place.

Remember how pretentious and up their own ass NeoGAF was? Well the most pretentious ass clowns from NeoGAF broke off and formed their own forum. Where is V from V for Vendetta when you need him?

52 minutes ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Remember how pretentious and up their own ass NeoGAF was? Well the most pretentious ass clowns from NeoGAF broke off and formed their own forum. Where is V from V for Vendetta when you need him?

I heard if NeoGaf but I don’t know anything about it other than it exists 😅 I get the gist tho lol

5 hours ago, Reticently said:

Without spoilers (minor though they are) Rose ends her story having a premonition of the apocalypse, and realizes that she's too late to stop it.  She bemoans the fact that if only her younger self knew what she knows now then she might have been able to do something about it.  Then she realizes that she CAN tell her younger self (probably some psychic thing), and says something along the lines of "going back to zero".

Holy shit, so we're STILL not getting past SF3 in the timeline!? 🤣

4 hours ago, Shakunetsu said:

Along with random ordinary joes like Joe, Mike and a unknown ninja from the Geki Clan as they were meant to be the best of the best in world lol

They need to ditch the tournament story.

Not really. Think about it. Some Muay Thai dude decided to throw a random tournament to see who's the best martial artist in the world.

Why would the big dogs like Delta Red and Shadaloo give even a single damn about it?

It's also why the entire tournament was irrelevant outside of Ryu mashing DP on wake-up.

Just now, Volt said:

Why would the big dogs like Delta Red and Shadaloo give even a single damn about it?

Bison does give a damn on it, Not just those guys but there tons of characters in SF universe that wants to prove they are the best in the world and there fighting style.

Most of the new characters from SF4, SF3 and SF2 were liked that about proving relevance and wanting public validation to their strength and skill. Except SF Alpha were all about the stories were either motivated by saving the world, destroying an evil madman or revenge.

Edited by Shakunetsu
23 minutes ago, Volt said:

Holy shit, so we're STILL not getting past SF3 in the timeline!? 🤣

Guess not. Which is really annoying since while the story was pretty eh, SF5’s story at least set up into SF3 pretty nicely. Alex had a (very) small role, it introduces Gill and the Illuminati, Shadaloo is destroyed and Bison is dead (for now).

Now there’s Ed and Neoshadaloo, there’s G and whatever they’re doing with him, and now Rose is trying to retcon the series. It wouldn’t be so frustrating to me if they already didn’t have the perfect setup towards it.

Edited by BornWinner
5 minutes ago, Skort said:

Thanks all that watched. We in that 5k points with Rose  😛    

Cool control character,definitely can lab a lot of stuff with her in time. At least she is not another yolo character and actually requires some setup.  

Didnt' expect to stream for  +3 hours lol ( almost 4 ! )

Just got home from work so I missed it. 😔

1 hour ago, Skort said:

Thanks all that watched. We in that 5k points with Rose  😛    

Cool control character,definitely can lab a lot of stuff with her in time. At least she is not another yolo character and actually requires some setup.  

Didnt' expect to stream for  +3 hours lol ( almost 4 ! )

Skort streams for less than 4 hours with a brand new character and gets twice the points than i have gotten in 4 years 😭

The mauling I took in these CFN streets today is retribution for all the people I've hurt with Cammy. 

On another note, I watched Luffy lab Rose for hrs and play just as bad as I did once he jumped into Ranked. One thing's for certain is that I have to eliminate all SF4 tendencies here. It doesn't work. I played SF4 over the past few days and I realized that this actually spilled over into how I was playing Rose today. 

I'm definitely here to stay tho. I just know I'm gonna have to really lab Rose and put the time in if I'm going to become solid with her. No shortcuts here. The same way I approached Cammy early on when I was getting stomped...is the way I have to approach Rose. The main difference is Cammy is very straightforward and Rose is more difficult to play. I can't really switch when the goings get tough. I have to actually lose and learn to how to adjust. 

The ass whooping's today have me motivated, not gonna lie.

5 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

Skort streams for less than 4 hours with a brand new character and gets twice the points than i have gotten in 4 years 😭

But you don't play rank as far as i know ?     

There's no way you can't get gold rank if you just play via basics like i mostly did so far with Rose. Anti air and some simple punishes.  I think a lot of people here are much better than they realize ,they just don't go on that online grind.

Edited by Skort
9 minutes ago, Skort said:

Bud you don't play rank as far as i know ?     

There's no way you can't get gold rank if you just play via basics like i mostly did so far with Rose. Anti air and some simple punishes.  I think a lot of people here are much better than they realize ,they just don't go on that online grind.

Well, i don’t play SFV consistently (or stick to the same character for that matter) but whenever i play randoms it is ranked. I haven't checked but i surely have a few thousands ranked matches across my various accounts. It’s okay though, i was just joking around, I have a lot of issues holding me back and don’t really put in the effort to fix them (or know where to start)

Edited by Mattatsu