Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

Just now, KingTubb said:

I don't know bout all that, but we could set up a lounge soon.

Getting my second dose on Friday and am planning on sitting around sick all day Saturday, so my weekend is open

Congrats on the CoVid^-1. Saturday has one of Europe's larger DBFZ tourneys in Good Ass Dragon Ball, and I'll be commentating. I don't think I'll be free, since this is a commitment I signed on for 2 months ago.

15 minutes ago, GetTheTables said:

And: you absolutely can get to Gold, and beyond if you want to.

You can get to gold without knowing combos. Just anti air, block, and poke people.

My PC account was at gold before I got distracted. All of that was playing Ryu, doing 0 oki, not remember crush counter combos and just chucking fireballs. It trips me out when people say they can't get to gold.

Doesn't sit right with me.

2 minutes ago, Sonero said:

You can get to gold without knowing combos. Just anti air, block, and poke people.

This made me think of all the boomers that tell me they paid for college by working a part time summer job and don't understand student debt. 

You're right tho. I just don't have the patience to deal with all the laggy "WTF are you DOING" low rank Ryu and Ken players. 

Oh my god... I just realized what playing me feels like to you...

I'm sincerely sorry 🙏

26 minutes ago, Sonero said:

My PC account was at gold before I got distracted. All of that was playing Ryu, doing 0 oki, not remember crush counter combos and just chucking fireballs. It trips me out when people say they can't get to gold.

Doesn't sit right with me.

Yeah, my biggest problem is I get too impatient on defence, and miss punishes, or get outright countered. I need to stop that stupid shit.

20 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

This made me think of all the boomers that tell me they paid for college by working a part time summer job and don't understand student debt. 

Turns out anti airing can pay for college.

Its even easier to level up on others in this game than most. An overwhelming majority of characters are gonna have one BnB that leads to a meaty. If you block, anti air and rinse and repeat meaties, you basically get to gold. Don't bother doing shimmies. Just make sure you learn your own meaty and you do it constantly.

To leave a Dojo. 

From the left-side menu, select Settings -> Dojo Management -> Leave to leave the Dojo.
・If the person leaving is the Dojo Master, a new Master will be chosen from the remaining members.
・If there are no other remaining members, the Dojo will be disbanded (disbanded Dojo ID's cannot be reused).・You must wait at least 5 minutes after leaving a Dojo before you can join a new one.

https://game.capcom.com/cfn/sfv/support

Edited by Skort
2 hours ago, Sonero said:

All of that was playing Ryu, doing 0 oki, not remember crush counter combos and just chucking fireballs.

Alternatively, learning one decent oki setup lets you coast to gold on autopilot. I was ranking up my PS4 account and people don’t start consistently blocking on wake up until near Platinum. I was using Ibuki (a character with real EZ mode meaties) and it looked like I was hitting people with infinites because they wouldn’t block on wake up even after getting counterhit into the same setup 3 times in a row. 

Edited by Vhozite
9 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Learning a new character and having to rewire my entire gameplan breathes new life into the game for me.

What's her walkspeed like?

Figure going from Cammy to somebody slower might be a mess. I know going from having Young Zeku to Ryu is frustrating for trying to shimmy.

Ceelows (some Sakura player) has a video series on how to rank up and it seems pretty good. I was looking at it and he basically mirrors what some of you are saying (that you can get gold with good AAs, defence, punishes, and not need good points setups or optimal combos - he even thinks you don’t need to use VTs, just V-Reversals if you’re getting pressured too much).

seems helpful, but I’ll likely take his tips but still allow for oki and VTs. I don’t need very optimal combos though, or even punishes I gather. Just some basic stuff to get damage when the window is open... I tried some of it last night and did notice that I was paying more attention to my opponent’s block strings, which is nice

3 minutes ago, Mattatsu said:

I was looking at it and he basically mirrors what some of you are saying (that you can get gold with good AAs, defence, punishes, and not need good points setups or optimal combos

F U N D A ME N T A L S

Stop playing games that let you get away with shenanigans. I hooked my PS4 back to see what all the excitement was about. so If you need some actual coaching, lemme know. Voice chat is there for more than shenanigans.

2 hours ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Rose's standing HP and 4HK both have some delicious range. I want to say she is pretty well-designed here. 

And, there is also the fact that I can *actually* zone around with projectiles. For fucking once. 

Standing HP being special cancellable is awesome. Cheap way to get a Soul Punish out. As long as you mix in some Soul Sparks to make your opponent hesitant about trying to interrupt you. 

Edited by Darc_Requiem
5 minutes ago, GreatDarkHero said:

Mr. Cipher is the genius bruiser. Novelist by day? Kicks a whole lot of ass in the night. 

That's how it is

Yeah creating character, writing their background, personality and Story is fun.

I've been working on the whole thing since, a bit over 10 years now.

Maybe I should share it in more places, than just the local libary, especially now that it's closed down.

Even started doing Concepts for my Protag in different FGs.

22 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Yeah creating character, writing their background, personality and Story is fun.

Maybe I should share it in more places, than just the local libary, especially now that it's closed down.

Damn. So you have a lot going on!

When you get a chance, PM me at least some of the details! 

Because, I'm actually working a little something myself, involving fighting games. 

41 minutes ago, Mr.Cipher said:

Much respect to you man. Writing is not easy. It's fun though.

Thanks all that watched. 

Played some really bad matches but pulled off some wins as well. Ranked up on Super Gold. 

Man, Rose is not easy imo.Requires quite a lot of setup and can be yoloed out at times ( or at least my day 2 Rose can ).   

She joins  Juri club where you actually have to use your brain if you want to play properly. 

Respect Rose players.

Edited by Skort
3 minutes ago, Skort said:

Thanks all that watched. 

Played some really bad matches but pulled off some wins as well. Ranked up on Super Gold. 

Man, Rose is not easy imo.Requires quite a lot of setup and can be yoloed out at times ( or at least my day 2 Rose can ).   

She joins  Juri club where you actually have to use your brain if you want to play properly. 

Respect Rose players.

I was watching in the background while I worked and chimed in now and then, but @GreatDarkHerois a 10/10 stream monster