Stage Select

The Street Fighter V Thread

@Soneroyou were asking about Ken...he got 2 frames shaved off his hados and a couple buffs to VT2. It gets more time and invincibility to air attacks on like frame 11 lol.

Idk I like Ken cause he is flashy but I feel like something is missing when I play him. Probably should use Ryu as my pocket shoto but I hate mirrors.

30 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That's dope, too bad it wack YGO artwork. Could be tossing Bear Punches at people:

I'm still waiting for a street fighter or capcom collab with MTG

MTG has been doing crossover lately and Capcom is very much fitting
mtg-crossovers-40k-walking-dead-godzilla

Capcom had been almost everywhere nowadays but not still in MTG

I wanted a white colored legendary human monk nomad for my mtg commander

and a colorless sorcery or an instant named denjin hadouken which deals "x" damage to a target creature in the battlefield

where X is equivalent to the number of tap mana

MK already did a crossover lol

5199z+jthHL._AC_.jpg

Even Tekken

femme_fatale-negan-the-cold-blooded-sld-

Edited by Shakunetsu
46 minutes ago, Volt said:

I'm low key impressed by how he manages to give everyone the same creepy crackhead smile.

Shikiro, even now, has a tendency towards that... weird ass smile... thing. 
Characters like Geese Howard for example were borderline uncanny valley when they were drawn. 

As if he was about to jump out of the screen at any point to Jaei Ken the viewer to death. 

2 hours ago, Volt said:

thought it was already ruined before. What's so bad about it?

Not being printed like gojira cards which was a special alternative card. The walking dead has no alternative and part of a very exclusive set so it was kinda expensive with ablities not worth it.

8 minutes ago, Bigtochiro said:

You know I just realize that when you reach a high rank in fighting games it get boring to play them.

yo Is rose a zoning character or a rush down?  It feel like I’m fighting sf4 rose all over again which is stupid giving me bad memories of the ryu match up with her😞

She's definitely a zoner but I find her more far an interesting to play in SFV. I'm not sure I would call her rushdown but I like her buttons and VT2 can be oppressive. I don't even care if my opponent blocks VT2. The obscene about of chip damage it does makes the next hit I land punishing.

VT2 Orbs have more than a few applications to them. 

So much is getting chip damage (white health in case of SFV) is a major benefit because then you also have frame advantage to consider. 

Rose will be free to cleanse the poor saps corrupted soul. 

To enact a certain theory: 

EzePtIoXsAAv9x-?format=jpg&name=small

Karin: "??????????????????!!!!!!!!!???????????????" 

Rose: "..." 

Rose: "Hrm. Should I go into IT security for a while? Nah. I'll just take a bath." 

*CRASH* 

Rose: "Eh? You approach me?" 

Gouki: "My fists are unmatched! A wrench like you is playing too far out of their league. I will permanently cripple you and your spirit! Prepare to die!" 

Rose: "On second thought, I think I'll just end this man's career." 

Gouki: "Nani...?"

https://twitter.com/8Amu8/status/1386080209498148865?s=20

26 minutes ago, Doctrine_Dark said:

Sad. I could tell he was really uncomfortable with her tho. 

God damn it, Louffy!

You played Mai on KOFXIII, whom wasn't in her best state either! 

You better get yo' mind right! 

Look at dis nigga, Louffy...

Actually, you know what? You know what, you know what...????? 

C89Vd1UVwAEXu4d?format=jpg&name=small

GET YO' MIND RIGHT, BRUH!! 

Edited by GreatDarkHero
Context: Louffy is known to be a fan of the... feminine figure. He made this clear at some before USFIV became a thing

i watching some documentary about the western culture 

I was surprised malls there were gone earlier in the 90s, that affected the arcade scene

While here malls are just starting to die because of the pandemic and online shopping had just started to be cheaper and improved. 

Arcades were still active here up to 2006 and died like after 2010 when everything they had were just bootleg pinballs, chinese ticket games and arcade with emulation instead of real boards

Edited by Shakunetsu
7 hours ago, Volt said:

I thought it was already ruined before. What's so bad about it?

I've been meaning to write like...its honestly like 8-10 on how different decisions really made the game worse.  The problem is that WoTC is a top tier cunt company. They make bad decisions, you deal with it because your hobby is also your circle of friends and then they go "see, you didn't quit after all and we didn't ruin M:TG".  So yeah, they've been killing M:TG for a while with the way they manage the property. Eventually you just get tired of shitty decisions and call it quits.

With the Walking Dead stuff, you had a few issues. M:TG as a game has a pretty cool lore. It has all worldbuilding stuff that, even if you don't like it, its all pretty cool.  Sometimes it okay, sometimes its amazing, but all of it is M:TG. They do spins on stuff, but they'll usually find a way to give it a good ol' M:TG curveball to it. They did a set based on Greek Mythology, but we didn't get a Zeus card. We got a whole new pantheon of cool stuff that was well designed.

Now the TWD stuff completely ruined things in 3 ways. The first way it did it was by creating unique cards from a different IP. That means that if you play with TWD cards, you're literally throwing garbage that has nothing to do with the rest of the lore and worldbuilding they do. There's different worlds in M:TG but they're all held together within certain threads. TWD stuff is just lore breaking garbage. It'd be like putting a Simpson's character in a Street Fighter game; or putting in a Game Of Thrones character in Guilty Gear. It just shits all over wtf is actually going on for the sake of weird advertising.

The second way it fucked everything up is that they are mechanically unique cards. Previously, M:TG had messed up with creating new cards that you couldn't get outside of promotions. They did this three times, one of the cards ended up busted and it basically ruined the game for a bit. So they stopped doing that and it was AMAZING. Anything you needed you could get from a booster. They specifically made brand new cards with this IP and sold them in a special hard to get package for shits and giggles. That means that a game where you could get all the cards from the same places as everybody else was suddenly printing singles and selling them directly. So you had these 5-6 cards that you could only get if you bought this one promotional thing.

So they ruined the immersion of the game by adding some garbage TV show nonsense to it. They also ruined one of the things that was great about M:TG which was that it didn't do garbage promotional sets with "chase rares" in them. What else could they ruin? Oh yeah, they could ruin tournaments too. M:TG has 3 different boarder colors: white, black and silver. White and Black are the color of regular cards that are tournament legal. If the card is one of those two colors (white happened due to some dumbshit they came up with reprinting stuff) then they were tournament legal. So they make this immersion breaking, mechanically unique cards and what do they do? Black borders. That means that in one of the formats, those card are legal tournament cards. And because they're idiots, one of those cards became a staple in one of the decks. How many of that one card do you need for the deck? 3-4.  How many of those cards do you get in the special promotional package they sold for like 100 dollars? well you get one.

I played M:TG for near 25 years and I can unequivocally tell you that WotC is a trash company and you should never give them money. You wanna play M:TG? Go fuck yourself TBH. Spend it on dildos and ravager your own butthole. That'll be a quicker way to get at what WoTC will do to you.

9 minutes ago, Sonero said:

I played M:TG for near 25 years and I can unequivocally tell you that WotC is a trash company and you should never give them money. You wanna play M:TG? Go fuck yourself TBH. Spend it on dildos and ravager your own butthole. That'll be a quicker way to get at what WoTC will do to you.

I'm okay with the godzilla cards because they were like just skins or alt costumes

by the way have you seen this one, this disaster

168557052_270369178036539_17231047094882

Edited by Shakunetsu

That's hilariously bad. Which is weird because that set has really good art for the most part. But there are a few notably bad standouts.

Although honestly, there's been a lot of "samey" art in M:TG lately. That maybe kinda shitty but at least it looks different.  Elvish Fister is too strong.