Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

3 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Well, it's a good thing Black Widow is already dead, cuz they surely would've killed her off after this. Safe to say she won't be in any further Disney projects 😂

I'm sure she was pissed that another Disney project wasn't ready for her after the Black Widow movie. I don't blame her, being shorted Disney paychecks must sting.

https://screenrant.com/black-widow-scarlett-johansson-lawsuit-kevin-feige-response/

"Hollywood Reporter editor Matt Belloni claiming in his newsletter that "Feige is pissed" about Disney's decision to release Black Widow simultaneously in theaters and on Disney+. While Belloni notes that Feige isn't ordinarily one for confrontation, being "a company man" he is reportedly "angry and embarrassed" over the situation, having pushed for an exclusively theatrical release of the film and wants Disney to make right with Johansson."

20 minutes ago, Dragonfave723 said:

I just realized that today (August 1st) happens to be Spiderman day. A perfect day to release a trailer, or Sony have no clue. 🤷‍♂️

I can only think they maybe considering another delay due to how stuff is going and Domestic box office performances . 

Edited by Wellman
11 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

Just because she's a millionaire doesn't mean a company should fuck her over for her labor and back out of their legal agreement. 

Not only that. She is going to be the first of many. A lot of actors were ready to do the same. Scarlett was just the first. For all their faults, WB got out of ahead of this issue. They modified the compensation of their actors to account for streaming. 

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Not only that. She is going to be the first of many. A lot of actors were ready to do the same. Scarlett was just the first. For all their faults, WB got out of ahead of this issue. They modified the compensation of their actors to account for streaming. 

You know, is kind of hilarious how Disney loves to project a Family friendly image, yet they have a well documented by infamy for corruption, abuse of their talent (actors, directors, parks staff), etc.

If anything, this whole debacle is showing us that people still like to turn the eyes away and pretend nothing happens and even defend them just because they are Disney

11 hours ago, Hecatom said:

You know, is kind of hilarious how Disney loves to project a Family friendly image, yet they have a well documented by infamy for corruption, abuse of their talent (actors, directors, parks staff), etc.

If anything, this whole debacle is showing us that people still like to turn the eyes away and pretend nothing happens and even defend them just because they are Disney

Reminds me of the time Robin Williams was to voice the Genie in Aladdin. He agreed to do it only in the case that Disney doesn’t pay him more than anyone else and they don’t use his name in advertising and promotion for the film. Reason being is that he didn’t want to set up a trend where companies would hired mainstream actors over professional voice actors.

Of course, Disney would do all of that anyway in spite of Robin’s wishes. Hopefully this ScarJo thing can be a wakeup call for them. 

As nice as the MCU is, I do wish at times Marvel was like DC where they had a real commitment to animation and branching into different alternate dimension stories.

I really doubt if we get a Age of Apocalypse adaptation it would be as brutal or as grimey 90s as the source material. Which is a shame as I liked that storyline and recognize it could use a good streamline take.

15 minutes ago, Wellman said:

As nice as the MCU is, I do wish at times Marvel was like DC where they had a real commitment to animation and branching into different alternate dimension stories.

Marvel does have that animated "What If" series coming out that does exactly this so maybe it's the start of something good.........*fingers crossed*

2 hours ago, Wellman said:

I really doubt if we get a Age of Apocalypse adaptation it would be as brutal or as grimey 90s as the source material. Which is a shame as I liked that storyline and recognize it could use a good streamline take.

The one department DC always smoked Marvel in for decades!!

As said the animated "What If" series  does that but DC has done it several times, while also putting out amazing, animated adaptions of their best storyline from the comics!!

40 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

3W3M is happening, that’s set in stone. I just hope he’s not leaving the X-Books because of it. I mean I 100% get why he would. Creator owned content equals more money for the creators. 

if he does hopefully it doesn’t mess with the trajectory of the big picture of the X-verse. He’s does so much amazing characterization and brought so many talents to breath fresh life into classic characters 

Edited by iStu X
14 hours ago, Hawkingbird said:

There were hints he would be bouncing from the titles sooner rather then later. He seemed to be prepping for the exit story with Mystique but unlike his other runs leaving the framework for others carry on the storylines.

It kind of sucks but the other creators have done well enough that so long as Inferno doesn't literally burn the whole premise to the ground, Loeb and The Ultimates style, then it isn't a break my heart moment.