Stage Select

The Marvel comics and Mcu thread

2 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Spoiler tag that shit, son. Some ppl don't know yet🗣️

What? Lol. No Way Home involving all three era’s of Spider-Man films is the worst kept secret at Disney/Marvel. Has been since it was first announced. 

Edited by iStu X
25 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

EDIT: I'm probably alone but I think Raimi's Spiderman 2 still holds up, probably still my favorite live action Spidey film 

It’s probably my favorite Marvel related movie out of all them. I loved the Raimi trilogy and rewatching them recently only strengthened that love. It’s a shame that Spider-Man 3 had the executives forced Venom in when Sandman and Harry were just fine as villains.

While I can understand some people not liking seeing it in the new movie, I’m excited for seeing the characters return.

34 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

Just do it 😤

EDIT: I'm probably alone but I think Raimi's Spiderman 2 still holds up, probably still my favorite live action Spidey film 

Raimi spider-man 1 and 2 are only watchable to me because of Defoe and Alfred Molina as Goblin and Octopus respectively. If it weren’t for them they’d be unwatchable to me just like 3 is

57 minutes ago, Hawkingbird said:

Feel bad for Wong. Unless he's looking over Strange shoulder he will find a way to destroy space time. 

My favorite thing is you knoooowwww the ending of no way home is gonna be Peter and Dr. Strange all fucked up trying to deal and Wong comes back from fighting the fucking abomination all fucked up asking if anything interesting happened while he was gone 

4 hours ago, HD-Man said:

Just do it 😤

SM2 is the one i "like" the most, but not for the plot (i actually felt robbed by it when i first saw it), is mostly because Doc Oc, Molina did a great job with his interpretation of the char.

I know is an unpopular opinion, but to me the Ultimate movies > Raimi movies for me.

I can still enjoy the Raimi movies for what they are, and not gonna deny how pivotal they were alongside The Dark Knight Trilogy to kickstart the super hero craze, but man, they are on the same Schumacher's Batman level of camp which can be jarring at times 🤣

On another subject, i think i am on the minority that thinks that the Eternals movie doesn't look good, fx wise.

When i was watching the trailer, for me it felt like i was watching the trailer for a CW series (kind of exagerating here), but going with the comments on many trailers on youtube, it seems that many people think is the best looking Marvel movie so far.

In part i think that is a combination of the composition, costumes and the muted color pallet the trailer had that made the fxs look cheap.

Edited by Hecatom
2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Trailers often have unfinished effects. By the time the movie comes out, it'll likely look much better. 

Is what i hope for those interested on the movie, I personally, have 0 interest on it, and the trailers have only helped cement that position for me.

But even then, seeing the reaction of many people on the comments, you wouldn't assume that it has unfinished fxs, lol.

This movie should break that usual tie in where the main villain doesn't have anything to do with Stark besides following up the stuff from the last movie.

Unless we get an evil variant of Tony, which while I love Defoe having RDJ come back as a variant of Green Goblin or some other Spidey big baddie would be FIRE.

I wouldn't be against Superior Iron Man, but I hope they kinda get away from villains associated with Stark. Peter needs his own personal villains again. 

What I'm hoping is for Dafoe to somehow escape his universe and end up in the main MCU to form the Dark Avengers or Thunderbolts, nobody would know he's evil but MCU Peter so it could work. This is assuming Osborne doesn't already exist in the MCU of course 

Edited by HD-Man

We've had 2 villains who were motivated by Stark and he's made a handful of appearances with spideys MCU tenure. I kinda want Iron Man's influence to decrease going forward.

My gut tells me after spider verse success Sony pushed Marvel into going this multiverse route.

While I'm glad at seeing some of the Raimi incarnations again, I was kinda interested in seeing Scorpion or other unseen villain to round out this trilogy.

In my ideal setup, Holland continues for another trilogy set in college, I'd have liked to see Ock, Goblin,Lizard with new designs/actors and then do a Sinister six film then.

Edited by DangerousJ

Possible spoilers for bp2

Spoiler

They are filming near south Station, a big train station in Boston and have 1950s cars all in the street. Possible flashback scene to Boston. Maybe king t'chaka was educated there? Or may not even be meant to be boston

Random rambling:

If SM3 (2007) wasnt crap and the series had continued, I would have loved to see Raimi's take on Lizard.

Give him a scary appearance like Todd McFarlane's take and amp up the horror elements which is Raimi's forte.

Give him Martha and Billy to add pathos.

One of Raimi's "flaws" was making many villains sympathetic when they werent originally in the comics(Sandman, Ock)

Lizard is the most sympathetic of the classic villains and could have been done a lot better than the Marc Webb ASM take.

The 2012 ASM take on Lizard was very disappointing.

17 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Random rambling:

If SM3 (2007) wasnt crap and the series had continued, I would have loved to see Raimi's take on Lizard.

Give him a scary appearance like Todd McFarlane's take and amp up the horror elements which is Raimi's forte.

Give him Martha and Billy to add pathos.

One of Raimi's "flaws" was making many villains sympathetic when they werent originally in the comics(Sandman, Ock)

Lizard is the most sympathetic of the classic villains and could have been done a lot better than the Marc Webb ASM take.

The 2012 ASM take on Lizard was very disappointing.

I would hope/pray they are taking the time to improve the characters being brought over from the other movies and not just copy paste for nostalgia. Even if they are basically in the movie for cameo purposes, I don't want Power Rangers Green Goblin from the original nor blue man Electro nor CG uninspired monster nonsense Lizard.

Really only Sandman and Doc Ock are cool if they made little changes. The rest I am hoping they fix some stuff.

Having watched the latest What If episode... Damn that was darker then I was expecting. 

Spoiler

I mean aside from the implications that Ego would trick Peter Quill into destroying the universe or just kill him, none of the other episodes hit as frankly brutal as seeing multiple Avengers characters get killed on screen and that Loki speech with the world wide reaction shots. Kind of impressed they got to do such a thing on the family streaming service.