Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 minutes ago, J-ride said:

What was the policy in that situation?

Doctor's offices are not gonna be in the business of lying to people unless they feel like getting sued to hell and back.

Just because some lady didn't respect the sanctity of a cream pie in a marriage doesn't mean the office gotta hold Ls.

Edit: how is it not genetically relevant to know which side of things your illnesses may be coming from?

4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Doctor's offices are not gonna be in the business of lying to people unless they feel like getting sued to hell and back.

Just because some lady didn't respect the sanctity of a cream pie in a marriage doesn't mean the office gotta hold Ls.

HIPPA laws vary wildly on this subject state to state which is why I was curious.

Edited by J-ride
1 minute ago, Sonero said:

It's a pretty big medical ethics rabbit hole.  People coming in for a medical opinion, providers aren't going to blow up the pt's life with information if it ends up not being pertinent to a health concern.

23&me though is under no constraints to give fucks.  "So anyway, the hilarious reason it turns out that you're 0% Irish is....".

24 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Edit: how is it not genetically relevant to know which side of things your illnesses may be coming from?

Let's say dad comes down with Huntington's Disease.  You really need to get the fuck tested.

You get tested, all you definitely need to know is that you did not get HD.  Medically, you don't necessarily need to know it was never an issue because dad wasn't actually your father.

Edited by Reticently
3 minutes ago, Reticently said:

You get tested, all you definitely need to know is that you did not get HD.  Medically, you don't necessarily need to know it was never an issue because dad wasn't actually your father.

Doctor: Good news, you don't have Huntington's.

Patient: That's great! But wait, isn't Huntington's hereditary?

Doctor: 👀

7 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Doctor: Good news, you don't have Huntington's.

Patient: That's great! But wait, isn't Huntington's hereditary?

Doctor: 👀

Huntington's is autosomal dominant.   You only need to get one bad copy to inherit it, but each parent caries 2 copies, you get 1 copy from each of them, and it's 50/50 which copy that is in each case.

So in the dad example, you can totally be his kid and still get his 1 good copy.  Even if mom was also banging the mailman 5 days a week.

Edited by Reticently
4 minutes ago, Sonero said:

Now we know who they sent in to give people information without spilling the tea.

Nah, I was the research dude.  Results were always disclosed by counselors, who have extensive training in how to socially navigate situations where people could be finding out their lives are fucked. 

I'd mostly be aggregating data and blood samples, and passing it all up the chain to big research consortiums.  

I didn't get screenshots but they were basically asking how buying romantic gifts for coworkers ISN'T harassment.  I'm so proud that the even normie dudes are now redpilled as fuck because of #metoo.I wasn't expecting the comment section to get shut down that fast or I would have gotten receipts, that was some kind of record.  I think it was under 10 minutes and they deleted all the comments.

Edited by J-ride

Redpilled as fuck because of MeToo? You know how many out of pocket men there are out there?

We got gif memes of Cosby shooting 3 pointers with pills because of how out of hand some dudes are. All them dudes should be subscribed to the tried and true method of "don't dip your pen in the company ink".

That broad at work may be fine, bit she ain't the only fine  broad on this planet. No need to ruin a perfectly good paycheck over some silly shit 

It would be nice if romance in the work place was still a safe option for people (men, really... women can almost always get away with whatever).  There's been so many at my job that are definitely high-quality picks I'd go for without question in other circumstances.... like if they were just someone in a class with me back in the college days.  There's one in particular that was on my mind just recently... she's the classic quiet, shy nerdy-girl type...not a 10 or even a 9 or 8... just really cute, imo, and of course bonus points for the glasses and her overall demeanor.  

We're at a point in society where it's not even really safe to just casually speak to them without another person being in the room as a possible witness for later.  That's how far gone the trust is at this point.  Walk into a break-room and notice only 1 gorgeous woman that also works there, alone in there?  Instant Homer Simpson gif; get out of there ASAP.  

Disappear Homer Simpson GIF

nah, I don't trust any situation, especially situations involving those dangerous creatures that can wreck your life in every way imaginable.

Edited by MillionX
52 minutes ago, Sonero said:

That broad at work may be fine, bit she ain't the only fine  broad on this planet. No need to ruin a perfectly good paycheck over some silly shit 

I don't know, in my work experience the sexual harassment that females make toward male subordinates is pretty over the top compared to what I have seen any male do toward a female.  I've seen women get away with murder in that regard because most guys know if they complain no one is going to do shit about it.

Edited by J-ride
3 hours ago, J-ride said:

I didn't get screenshots but they were basically asking how buying romantic gifts for coworkers ISN'T harassment.  I'm so proud that the even normie dudes are now redpilled as fuck because of #metoo.I wasn't expecting the comment section to get shut down that fast or I would have gotten receipts, that was some kind of record.  I think it was under 10 minutes and they deleted all the comments.

Where do you work that getting valentines shit for a coworker makes any sense in the first place? I thought that was fading out well before #MeToo.

well... a pentagram in the palm of her hand... I wonder if she got inspired by Night Stalker Richard Ramirez there?  There's a famous pic of him holding up his hand to show a pentagram.

...interesting case though; since it's Germany and not the U.S., I wonder if she'll actually face real consequences for her alleged actions then, if convicted?  In the U.S., at least these days it wouldn't surprise me if a female serial killer just got 1 or 2 years in prison with community service after that....then she somehow gets out for good behavior in about 6 months....or she justs gets probation and has to pay a $1,000 fine, perhaps. 

"But...she killed multiple people?!"

"Welllll y'knowwww.... she told us she was abused as a child, and had an abusive boyfriend at the time so...can't really blame her for that, bro."

"ah...Ok."

Edited by MillionX
20 minutes ago, J-ride said:

I typically do pretty lowkey stuff for Valentines day.  I don't do anything crazy, but I NEVER bought anything for a woman who wasn't officially my gf, that's for simps.

My ex used to spend 40-50 worth of stuff for me on v-day, so I always tried to match that or cook somehing or do homemade stuff.

My dad doesnt do shit, but hes rarely does anything for my mom even birthday or anniversary lol.

All the teachers in my mom's Dept. are all saying we should have a party and all this bullshit, and my mom is like "Yall getting some walmart sugar cookies" Fuck dat"

(My mom is the English Dept head for her school.)

Edited by DangerousJ

Hell of a panel right now on F&F... Rollo, Tommy Sotomayor and Donovan all on the show today

*on another note---it shocked me to see my friend and his wife on Switch version Diablo 3 a little while ago!  I'm hoping they get back into it so I could play with them again sometime... we haven't played that together in years... heh, they obviously have some catching up to do, since I've made characters that would be like Ultra Instinct Goku compared to whatever they have going on right now.

ah, Ancient Aliens just referenced this... 

https://www.foxla.com/news/former-israeli-space-chief-says-us-in-contact-with-galactic-federation-of-aliens-and-trump-knows

...which is another juicy "what if..?" I was thinking of.... probably mentioned it before---that ominous scenario of it not really being up to us.  They decided we aren't ready to know for sure just yet.

Edited by MillionX

ha, this is so cool---Dark Shadows right now---Forbes is on the run with Victoria Winters... and Barnabas tracked him down.  He was unaware of what Barnabas is at this point; he shot him in the chest, and Barnabas just laughed it off like "...I cannot die; I'm already dead."  The shocked look on Forbes' face was golden.

It would be great if they brought this back or did a whole new series/plot with these characters.  Often I see certain old shows and movies and imagine how cool they would be with today's budget and production standards.  ...and that reminds me; yeah it hit me just years ago that I tend to prefer a regular series to a movie in pretty much every case.  With a movie it's just over after the 2 hours or so.... but a show can keep going; the writers have so much more time to develop the characters and story.... think of great shows that went on for many seasons and years---Supernatural (15 seasons!!!), Vampire Diaries, 24, etc. etc.  A movie just can't compete with that, imo.

Edited by MillionX

Mission to Mars is on Comet network now... this scene was just weird with how the characters reacted... while they are filming what appears to be a sandstorm, it looks like a tornado that was alive, like a weird snake creature made out of the sand and rocks (*Gaara up to his old tricks, I see)... but they just stood there filming it as if this wasn't an obviously dangerous situation.  I would've been running back to the ship ASAP, bruh.  

sidenote--- the incredible soundtrack work of Ennio Morricone is in this!  If there was a "Mt. Rushmore" of soundtrack GOATS, Ennio is a solid candidate to be up in the ranks, imo.