Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

I was in the zone yesterday at the gym... made it up to that 1100 mark for calorie burn...much better than the past 3 class sessions where I wasn't even at 1,000, and actually trending downward.  Sheeeittt, the total for October is about to be insane though since I recently upgraded to their "Ultimate" tier so I can go as often as I want.  If only I could go back in time to my college days with this kind of routine...the results would be crazy.

Man, the right music also really helps exercise/workout sessions be such a fun thing.  I wish they would mix up the playlist some more though....but yeah, when the right jam session is on it's like I could keep going indefinitely.  

I'd advise any dude to always get a gym membership... there's nothing but positives---you're keeping yourself more fit which tends to naturally benefit mental health as well as physical health... and of course there's the obvious side-bonus of being surrounded by amazing TnA there on a regular basis. (**except if it's Planet Fitness---since that place is super cheap and doesn't seem very intense, then my assumption is that you probably won't see as many fine women in there.)

Edited by MillionX
4 minutes ago, axeman61 said:

This is random, but I'm thinking of getting wireless earbuds. Specifically these Galaxy Buds, since I have a samsung phone already:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B2SH4CN6/ref=twister_B0BN1KLPJB?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Has anyone ever used these? I'd hate to spend that money and they suck. Already nervous about losing one.

I have some Raycons that I like better than the Samsungs, and they're half the price.

On 9/17/2023 at 8:09 PM, BornWinner said:

Every few months, I get a harrowing reminder that PETA and their weird sex ads still exists.

Someday I will eat a double patty bacon cheeseburger and some chicken nuggets in front of one of their LA locations. It's one of the few things I will eff around because I want to find out 🙃

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE:

goats1.png?width=379&height=612

goats2.png?width=424&height=612

Community Notes can't be stopped!

Edited by TheInfernoman

y'know, back when it was a new movie... I thought it was such a shame that "Vampire in Brooklyn" was made as a comedy.  I realize that this was unavoidable because they got Eddie Murphy to star in it, since there's expectations there; comedic roles are just his "brand"....before you even know anything about a film, if you see that he is a star in it then you already have the expectation that it's a comedy film.  

ha, that was cool how he ripped that dude's heart out like nothing... ...yeah, this would be another thing with "remake potential" if I was one of those producers in the movie biz that's just going the easy/lazy (and "safe") route and rebooting/remaking everything.  I'd love to do a more serious version of this and Blacula (*with a different title ---that name itself already forces it into comedic territory from the start)

Edited by MillionX

The state Supreme Court ruled recently that a law abolishing cash bail was constitutional, the Hill reported, noting the law is titled the Illinois Pretrial Fairness Act.

The outlet continued:

Defendants accused of a specific list of felonies and violent misdemeanors can still be detained ahead of trial, but the burden will be on the state to argue the defendant poses a flight risk or a danger to the community.

Cash bail has been decried as a “penalty on poverty,” with opponents of the practice claiming it gives preferential treatment to wealthy people who can afford to “pay for their freedom,” as the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) put it after the state’s high court upheld the law.

It seems the government of India wants to change it's official name back to Bharat

Edited by AriesWarlock

The next Deathbattle is bound to be a classic that fans have wanted for quite some time... Alex Mercer vs. Cole from Infamous!

In fairness, I am not familiar with just how ridiculous Cole's limits are, but I naturally side with "Alex Mercer" on this one as it's one of my favorite, most badass unstoppable  game characters of all time.  

Insane super strength, speed/agility/reaction time.... the ability to change density to form "armor" that makes him almost invincible....but also a healing factor on top of that (*and one dna upgrade you can get makes it so that you are indeed completely invincible for a moment when close what would have been death)... the ability to also gain knowledge and skills from people he's absorbing, and of course the ability to shapeshift his entire body to the point of creating weaponized limbs.  Most other characters in gaming history (possible exception of the truly god-level RPG characters) can't hang with this.

Edited by MillionX

whoah, I knew she looked familiar... I've still been watching old episodes of Passions and got curious about who the cute little hottie was playing "Jessica Bennet" (Kay's scheming little sister) on there... turns out that was Mary Elizabeth Winstead!  well, her career certainly went on to be a big deal as she's currently in Ahsoka, and I'm sure more people remember her from that Scott Pilgrim movie...

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0935541/ 

https://www.instagram.com/maryswinstead/

General situation in Passions----as Jessica, she was constantly on her big sister's case, always trying (and succeeding) to ruin her plans to hook up with her crush Miguel.  heh, Kay knew Miguel since they were little so yes... it was a textbook "FriendZone" situation there for her.  He only thought of her as "like a sister" or "one of the guys".

Edited by MillionX
1 hour ago, IcyBlackDeep said:

Well they directly employ about 3 million people, for one thing.

My mom is retired Federal Employee. If they shut down the government, despite not being paid, some of them have to work, without pay to keep things from grinding to a halt. The other Federal Employees get furloughed aka they don't work and don't get paid for the time they missed. The dipshits in Congress, who still get paid, can twiddletheir thumbs for as long as they like without repercussions. They need to not be paid for during a shutdown, moreover they need to be penalized for being too immature to keep this shit from happening over and over and over again.

Side note: Technically the government doesn't have to pay the Federal employees for the unpaid work done during a shutdown, they always have before but.....

Edited by Darc_Requiem