Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

28 minutes ago, scorp said:

I know that guy that's been drinking that for at least 13 years now.

I honestly hope it's a breakers situation and actually it's own thing and arguably better than the original.

Cause I am not a fan of Guinness 

Edited by KingTubb

Got my Biden Bucks. Medical Bills already paid. Not that there was any interest on the balance, but I just hate having that shit hang over my head. Although i did get a $253 check from them yesterday. They sent me a drawn out letter but the TLDR is they overbilled me. So I got that and my Biden Bucks at the same time.

Edited by Darc_Requiem
2 minutes ago, AriesWarlock said:

Wikipedia wants to charge Google, Amazon, and Apple for using its content

https://www.wired.com/story/wikipedia-finally-asking-big-tech-to-pay-up/

this is fair, right? 🤔

Yes especially because their listing is often one of the first search returns. 

I soon expect that to change. 

Edited by OPTIMUS124
27 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Yes especially because their listing is often one of the first search returns. 

I soon expect that to change. 

Them being one of the first results doesnt nessisarily mean Google is taking advantage of them. You can pay Google services to do stuff like that. 

18 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Them being one of the first results doesnt nessisarily mean Google is taking advantage of them. You can pay Google services to do stuff like that. 

Yes, but I am sure the procedures for search returns rely heavily on the site since most of the information is community vetted at a pretty high standard. It's practically the response when you ask your phone "What is ____________"

Edited by OPTIMUS124

Dawg the police are doing olympic mental gymnastics to not say this was a racially motivated shooting lmfao. Reading how he went after Asian massage parlors because he believed they are sexual in nature but it's fucking Atlanta and has 1000 strip clubs. Sure my number #1 thinking for sexual is Def not gonna be a fucking strip club smh

Edited by Maxx
5 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Dawg the police are doing olympic levelental gymnastics to not say this was a racially motivated shooting lmfao. Reading how he went after Asian massage parlors because he believed they are sexual in nature but it's fucking Atlanta and has 1000 strip clubs. Sure my number #1 thinking for sexual is Def not gonna be a fucking strip club smh

I literally saw an officer downplay it, say dude was stressed out and simply had a bad day. We just not gonna call it what it is huh? Like wtf 

Meanwhile when it was allegedly blacks attacking Asians, we were monsters, Thugs, etc

Edited by HD-Man
1 minute ago, HD-Man said:

I literally saw an officer downplay it, say dude was stressed out and simply had a bad day. We just not gonna call it what it is huh? Like wtf 

Meanwhile when it was allegedly blacks attacking Asians, we were monsters, Thugs, etc

At least Asians understand what we've been going through for a while. It's sick it has to be this way. The violence against Asians has gone up 1000% it's insane. 

14 minutes ago, Maxx said:

At least Asians understand what we've been going through for a while. It's sick it has to be this way. The violence against Asians has gone up 1000% it's insane. 

I'll assume Covid and Trump is the reason for the spike. Dude kept calling it the "China Virus" so the world is targeting Asians. Shit ain't cool at all

4 minutes ago, HD-Man said:

I'll assume Covid and Trump is the reason for the spike. Dude kept calling it the "China Virus" so the world is targeting Asians. Shit ain't cool at all

It's 100% because trump kept blaming China as the people and not the govt. His followers saw this as the green light to go after them. And never stopped blaming the people for the virus and doubled down. 

1 minute ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Didnt every news outlet label it as originating in china and such at first.  wasn't it called like wuhan flu for a while, cause it originated in that village or some shit, then they started calling covid-19.

No.  It was called "novel coronavirus" before it was called CoVid-19.

"Wuhan flu" and similar were Trump-isms.  Probably not made up by him, but for sure popularized by him.

3 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

Didnt every news outlet label it as originating in china and such at first. 

Yes

4 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

wasn't it called like wuhan flu for a while, cause it originated in that village or some shit,

Not if someone was meant to be taken seriously.

3 hours ago, KingTubb said:

I honestly hope it's a breakers situation and actually it's own thing and arguably better than the original.

Cause I am not a fan of Guinness 

I used to like Guinness.

Then I actually acquired taste.

Do not mistake me - most of what passes for "genuine Americana beer" is swill, at best.

But Belgians are the way to go, unless something particularly striking, like, oh, say, Founders' Devil Dancer, or Lagunita's Lucky Thirteen or Sucks.

Real talk: Belgians lik,  Duvel, La Chouffe, Delirium Tremens, pretty much anything Van Steenburgen, et al, are the way to go.

Guinness is only good if stout, and even then it is beaten like a non-red-headed stepchild by Founders' Breakfast and Imperial.

EDIT:

And fuckin' Canada, of all places, makes a top 3 Belgian, in La Fin du Monde.

Edited by JHDK
3 minutes ago, scorp said:

I've seen that all the time, but never tried it lol

I just drink Moosehead and Kokanee like a basic canuck bitch. Oh and I really like Sapporo too.

If Imma slum at base Sapporo level, Imma just go ahead and Red Stripe.

Which pretty much means at that point you just go ahead pour me a soda water, and designate me driver. 😕

23 minutes ago, JHDK said:

But Belgians are the way to go

Belgian beer is pretty good, but it covers such a spectrum. I'm a big fan of tripels or quads, but that shit'll put some lead in your pencil real quick. 

But I am not a fan of wheat beers, and that makes up a big section of Belgian brewing. Not into lambics or any of that stuff. 

Got drunk as a skunk with my brother and dad at a brewery in Bruges. One of the best days I've ever had!

And as far as American beer goes, I really believe the fresher the beer, the better. So if you have a decent brewery near you, it'll be some of the better beer you can find. 

And founders has changed since they got bought out in 2019 imho. Two hearted is still some grade A stuff, but that and all-day are the only beers they make that I'm a fan of.  

FUCK! I got bells and founders mixed up lololol. Fucking Michigan brewers. 

Edited by KingTubb
2 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Belgian beer is pretty good, but it covers such a spectrum. I'm a big fan of tripels or quads, but that shit'll put some lead in your pencil real quick. 

But I am not a fan of wheat beers, and that makes up a big section of Belgian brewing. Not into lambics or any of that stuff. 

Got drunk as a skunk with my brother and dad at a brewery in Bruges. One of the best days I've ever had!

And as far as American beer goes, I really believe the fresher the beer, the better. So if you have a decent brewery near you, it'll be some of the better beer you can find. 

And founders has changed since they got bought out in 2019 imho. Two hearted is still some grade A stuff, but that and centennial are the only beers they make that I'm a fan of.  

I haven't actually HAD and Founders since 2018 or so, lol.

I did not know that they had been bought out.

That explains a lot of what I saw when I perused the scheduled releases and such, earlier this year, I guess.