Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

19 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

It's all about having fun, yup. I don't plan on getting the PS5 anytime soon. I might buy SF6 if it comes out for the PS5. If I do get the PS5 and SF6, I will add you. 

Good.

26 minutes ago, KingTubb said:

Great, I'm terrible, we should play. 

We will someday. I want to make an effort to get involved with this community again.

I wonder how Emerald Lord, Tongari Dan, and Nerd Josh is doing, after all these years after having good memories of them versus me in SF4? I should build more memories like that. I haven't played Calipower since Street Fighter 3 and Capcom vs Snk 2, so I wonder how he's doing as well? Very competitive and versatile person he was. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
22 hours ago, Lord Vega said:

To be truly Divine you must embody both the Masculine and the Feminine. 

So in order to be divine you must be a girlyman?

WTH is this? You too must be destroyed. I never knew much about your posts D-tier and couldn't comment much as to why nobody likes them. i can actually see why. You are a completely disgusting poster to read. Maybe even dangerous too, because now we are going to have kids wiping off their piss stains from public toilets and make Dragon Ball Z music videos with Evanescence's Bring me to life as the song choice. 

Edited by weneedhim

Today, 39 years ago, Iron Maiden released their third album The Number of the Beast. It's their first album with vocalist

Bruce Dickinson, and considered one of the best Heavy Metal albums of all time.

Just what I saw in my old dreams
Were they reflections of my warped mind staring back at me?
'Cause in my dreams it's always there
The evil face that twists my mind and brings me to DESPAIR!!!!!!!!!! 🤘

This song was the band’s second single from their 1982 album. It was influenced by the 1978 horror movie Damien: Omen II, which is about the 13-year-old Antichrist. It is one of Iron Maiden’s most famous and one of heavy metal’s most recognizable songs.

Edited by AriesWarlock
18 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Operative phrase, and I think acting like "could be" = "definitely are" is, again, presumptuous. What other grimyness are you talking about? 

Arcades vs tournaments are two different beasts. Unfortunately back then arcades you may get the occasional stabbin or beat down for winning. But luckily those were pretty far in between. I got punched for constantly winning with jin in tekken 4.

But tournaments fights broke out alot at tournaments. Especially on the east coast where Philly and NY had a huge rivalry going. 

Dudes were making diss tracks, I wish I could find the video that someone made that was outside of an arcade. It used to be download able on srk for years in the early days when they had a downloadable directory. 

You know racial slurs were flying left n right. Lmfao 

That whole pop off era is pretty much an 09 and after. Or at least it blew the fuck up during that time. I don't remember much in terms of pop offs and in people's faces pre-09 because alot of these skinny dudes who do it woulda gotten their asses beat in the back. 

Then srk itself was a bit of a hell hole. Dudes would tell you to go kill yourself daily. Dudes would just shit on you. Look at Seth's fighting game articles he wrote and read the tone and you can kinda see the mentality was a bit different...he could never write those articles in that way now. So many people would be crying. 

26 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Tekken is a hard game for me. 

Hard enough to get where you desire to be, yes. Brute force, character matches, over priority are what made it unique for it's time. Another game I've eventually used random select in. My experience on getting where I needed to be was through long sessions in the arcades and tournaments in early 2000. I've surprisingly became so much better later down the line with the launch of Tekken 6/Tekken Tag 2. I need to revisit other fighting games as well. 

I just happened to become better in the genre, because I've originally started the genre in the early 1990s, due to escapism of my personal problems by not willing to face them. So, I guess it unintentionally worked out for me.

Edited by Emptyeyes
2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

Hard enough to get where you desire to be, yes. Brute force, character matches, over priority are what made it unique for it's time. Another game I've eventually used random select in. My experience on getting where I needed to be was through long sessions in the arcades and tournaments in early 2000. I've surprisingly became so much better later down the line with the launch of Tekken 6/Tekken Tag 2. I need to revisit other fighting games as well. 

I just happened to become better in the genre, because I've originally started the genre in the early 1990s, due to escapism of my personal problems by not willing to face them. So, I guess it unintentionally worked out for me.

What do you mean by priority? Priority as in certain characters will naturally have an advantage over others due to design? It sounds like Tekken is more about the skill of the player than the power of the character. You must be really good if you are skilled as a random selector. Your mind set has a lot of variety therefore it is flexible because of being a random  selector. I started playing fighting games back in 91 or 92 with SF2.

There are only certain characters in every game that suit my playstyle.

Edited by Lord Vega
5 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

Naw Tekkens still a tier oriented game. Game knowledge and ability to execute will get you farther then raw skill. 

sorta. t7 is prob the most balanced version of the series ever so its very much a ....any character could win kinda thing. but also agreed on game knowledge and execution will always be the edge. also understanding of enviroment is prob way more important in tekken than most games..where the wall breaks are...wtf are the juggles on wall breaks. where the walls are, some characters combos dont do well when they get interrupted by the wall

speaking of balance...they just nerfed my boy steve and literally weakened every move i regularly use for boxing fuckery. smh. harada even gave patch notes on why they buffed or nerfed moves...i wish this was an industry standard. 

Edited by Maxx
54 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

You must be really good if you are skilled as a random selector. You mind set has a lot of variety therefore it is flexible because of being a random  selector.

Years of baby steps. Having an original template and standard to the genre from games like Street Fighter 2 and Virtua Fighter, can help you open doors to their respectful dimensions on games that came after.

I'm not actually competitively driven for the wrong reasons anymore. So, it's more like restarting over, revising myself on a better solution to play fighting games.

I never got to play Valle but he was in my pools at the first evo I attended in 2008. I made a lot of dumb choices during my match, which I lost. 

after I got my stick I turned around and saw him. He was like “why’d you try to counter pick? If you had stuck with DeeJay you would have had him. There was a lot of stuff you did he wasn’t figuring out” 

I told him “oh, yeah, This is my first time at evo. So I’m kinda anxious” 

he told me “yeah, I get that. Keep plugging away at DeeJay though. You’re really good with him. You just need more match up knowledge.” 

I told him thanks we shook hands and I went to go find my friends pool. 

Edit: 

I whipped Kindevu’s ass in 3S. Which isn’t really an accolade cause he’s barely touched the game. What was memorable was Nuki was trying to coach him while we were playing. Every time Kindevu lost Nuki would apologize and be like “sorry he such bad opponent. He stupid! I keep trying to tell him but he stupid!” 

Edited by iStu X
Just now, iStu X said:

I never got to play Valle but he was in my pools at the first evo I attended in 2008. I made a lot of dumb choices during my match, which I lost. 

after I got my stick I turned around and saw him. He was like “why’d you try to counter pick? If you had stuck with DeeJay you would have had him. There was a lot of stuff you did he wasn’t figuring out” 

I told him “oh, yeah, This is my first time at evo. So I’m kinda anxious” 

he told me “yeah, I get that. Keep plugging away at DeeJay though. You’re really good with him. You just need more match up knowledge.” 

I told him thanks we shook hands and I went to go find my friends pool. 

The elder statesman of the fgc 

There's one new thing in gaming in the past generation that I think is brilliant... asymmetrical multiplayer stuff.  It's always an interesting concept, imo... sadly it doesn't seem to work out that often, or it's in games that only I liked and everyone else either hates (i.e. Evolve) or doesn't know about (i.e. "Crawl").

Dying Light had a good one, where 1 player is the "Night Hunter" infected, playing against a couple of other players that are human survivors.  I only played it a few times but in the beginning it seemed a bit unbalanced in favor of the humans, unfortunately.... I'm 99% sure I only won because those people playing the survivor characters sucked or they were just new to the game.  Hopefully some game will perfect the concept and that mode will become a major thing people go on to play for years.  The potential with that concept is always huge, imo.  With Evolve... while everyone else was bitching about the monetization, I was too busy having fun....the shit was awesome to be the monster that others are hunting, and I evolve and become more dangerous as the match goes on.  

...with "Crawl"---guarantee ya that only a few people even heard of the shit.  One thing that hurt the game was that I don't think there was online-multiplayer; only local....but such a great concept there---> 1 player is a human warrior/adventurer, going from one dungeon room to another...while the other 3 players are ghosts and monsters trying to kill him....and later the final boss is controlled by the 3 enemy players too.

11 minutes ago, MillionX said:

There's one new thing in gaming in the past generation that I think is brilliant... asymmetrical multiplayer stuff. 

Doom Eternal has something like this, where two people are demons and one is a Slayer.

I gave Evolve a fair shake, but I didn't really like the gunplay of the hunters.  Something just didn't feel right, coming from Destiny.  Say what you will about the mishaps of that game, Bungie did nail the gun mechanics.  Game is still satisfying shooting all the fucks, and that's what keeps me coming back.  If Evolve had better shooting mechanics I would have stuck with it.  I did love the concept.

Edited by Chadouken
39 minutes ago, MillionX said:

There's one new thing in gaming in the past generation that I think is brilliant... asymmetrical multiplayer stuff.  It's always an interesting concept, imo... sadly it doesn't seem to work out that often, or it's in games that only I liked and everyone else either hates (i.e. Evolve) or doesn't know about (i.e. "Crawl").

Dying Light had a good one, where 1 player is the "Night Hunter" infected, playing against a couple of other players that are human survivors.  I only played it a few times but in the beginning it seemed a bit unbalanced in favor of the humans, unfortunately.... I'm 99% sure I only won because those people playing the survivor characters sucked or they were just new to the game.  Hopefully some game will perfect the concept and that mode will become a major thing people go on to play for years.  The potential with that concept is always huge, imo.  With Evolve... while everyone else was bitching about the monetization, I was too busy having fun....the shit was awesome to be the monster that others are hunting, and I evolve and become more dangerous as the match goes on.  

...with "Crawl"---guarantee ya that only a few people even heard of the shit.  One thing that hurt the game was that I don't think there was online-multiplayer; only local....but such a great concept there---> 1 player is a human warrior/adventurer, going from one dungeon room to another...while the other 3 players are ghosts and monsters trying to kill him....and later the final boss is controlled by the 3 enemy players too.

For a second I thought you were talking about asynchronous multiplayer, which is something I like. There's a Tetris clone that has asynchronous multiplayer that is really well done and I loved downloading ghosts for Tekken 5 on the PSP. I wish the ghost mode in Samurai Shodown had actually worked, that could have been a pretty awesome feature if they'd bothered to fix it.

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Arcades vs tournaments are two different beasts. Unfortunately back then arcades you may get the occasional stabbin or beat down for winning. But luckily those were pretty far in between. I got punched for constantly winning with jin in tekken 4.

But tournaments fights broke out alot at tournaments. Especially on the east coast where Philly and NY had a huge rivalry going. 

Dudes were making diss tracks, I wish I could find the video that someone made that was outside of an arcade. It used to be download able on srk for years in the early days when they had a downloadable directory. 

You know racial slurs were flying left n right. Lmfao 

That whole pop off era is pretty much an 09 and after. Or at least it blew the fuck up during that time. I don't remember much in terms of pop offs and in people's faces pre-09 because alot of these skinny dudes who do it woulda gotten their asses beat in the back. 

Then srk itself was a bit of a hell hole. Dudes would tell you to go kill yourself daily. Dudes would just shit on you. Look at Seth's fighting game articles he wrote and read the tone and you can kinda see the mentality was a bit different...he could never write those articles in that way now. So many people would be crying. 

Stuff isn't like that anymore and hasn't been like that for a long time, yet people are acting like it is. The FGC has been in a moral panic about this stuff for awhile now.

I miss the old FGC community. I Don't think being nice and inclusive has really done us any favors. The community is whinier then ever, Exports has been a huge fucking net loss, we have to pretend our games and us are cleaner then we really are. 

FGC these days is super fucking fake and I don't like it at all. Full of posers who are only in it for the money and not the games. 

Edited by RSG3
56 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Stuff isn't like that anymore and hasn't been like that for a long time, yet people are acting like it is. The FGC has been in a moral panic about this stuff for awhile now.

Who's implying that the current fgc is like that? All I've seen is talking about the pedos. Which I've said before may be directly connected to how pre-09 fgc was. The moral panic is pretty new. People getting outed for their language online only started really blowing up in the past 2-3 years if that. Whenever the Noel shit went down is when things really started

47 minutes ago, RSG3 said:

I miss the old FGC community. I Don't think being nice and inclusive has really done us any favors. The community is whinier then ever, Exports has been a huge fucking net loss, we have to pretend our games and us are cleaner then we really are. 

FGC these days is super fucking fake and I don't like it at all. Full of posers who are only in it for the money and not the games. 

Money keeps the scene alive unfortunately. Without it developers won't make new games, even if the US tried to stay grass roots look at Japan and how they are building a very sports like league where they want you to be licensed to compete

1 hour ago, RSG3 said:

But at least it is inclusive now, and gives Furries a free pass.

🤮

EDIT:

To quote myself, as SRK Azure:

E-Sports is fucking retarded.

Edited by JHDK
4 minutes ago, Maxx said:

LOL I mean what can we do? The number 1 furry keeps beating peoples asses in games

Make his dumb ass wear actual human garb?

If we're going to (quite rightly) put the pedos to the torch, then we can damned sure insist that the animal ass-fucking fetishists keep that shit in the literal closet.

EDIT:

One has to wonder, just how much being creeped the ever-living fuck out by his Furry shit, affects Sonic-Fux's opponents' gameplay.

Edited by JHDK
36 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Money keeps the scene alive unfortunately. Without it developers won't make new games, even if the US tried to stay grass roots look at Japan and how they are building a very sports like league where they want you to be licensed to compete

Bullshit. They kept making games even when we where grass roots. 

Yea sorry I'm just not interested in a competitive community that gives stage time to games that are only 2 months old because the publisher paid over deserving games with actual communities.   

And the only reason the top brass of FGC was making a push to be nicer and more inclusive was because they wanted more money. Had nothing to do with actually making the community better. It was about increasing attendance so they could stack more green backs. 

Money is the worst thing that happened to the FGC. 

Edited by RSG3
2 hours ago, Chadouken said:

Doom Eternal has something like this, where two people are demons and one is a Slayer.

I gave Evolve a fair shake, but I didn't really like the gunplay of the hunters.  Something just didn't feel right, coming from Destiny.  Say what you will about the mishaps of that game, Bungie did nail the gun mechanics.  Game is still satisfying shooting all the fucks, and that's what keeps me coming back.  If Evolve had better shooting mechanics I would have stuck with it.  I did love the concept.

oh yeah Doom is another one---and that one was a dream come true for me... ever since the old days of the original... I kept thinking it would be cool if there was a way we could play as the demons.  My favorite from the old era was the Arch-Vile...but yeah, I've only played multiplayer a couple of times in Eternal though.  I'm more enthusiastic to get back to that as opposed to the ridiculously harsh campaign mode, actually.

2 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

Is a furry someone who thinks they are an animal or they just have a fetish for people who are dressed as animals? 

The latter. 

Angel, if you see this message, thank you for reaching out on discord even though the banned issue is permanent, I guess. Please keep in mind that I don't know much about discord, hence why I hardly use it. I can't believe you had to ban users under the same username impersonating me. That's really sad. 

4 minutes ago, MillionX said:

oh yeah Doom is another one---and that one was a dream come true for me... ever since the old days of the original... I kept thinking it would be cool if there was a way we could play as the demons.  My favorite from the old era was the Arch-Vile...but yeah, I've only played multiplayer a couple of times in Eternal though.  I'm more enthusiastic to get back to that as opposed to the ridiculously harsh campaign mode, actually.

2016>>>>>>>>>>Eternal.

9 hours ago, weneedhim said:

So in order to be divine you must be a girlyman?

WTH is this? You too must be destroyed. I never knew much about your posts D-tier and couldn't comment much as to why nobody likes them. i can actually see why. You are a completely disgusting poster to read. Maybe even dangerous too, because now we are going to have kids wiping off their piss stains from public toilets and make Dragon Ball Z music videos with Evanescence's Bring me to life as the song choice. 

You have no understanding of the Esoteric. Maybe you should educate yourself about it. The Bible actually has a lot of Esoteric knowledge and if you understand it, you might become Omnipotent. Also read the gnostic texts which are texts that are left out of the Bible. The Gospel of Thomas which are the words of Jesus refers to Androgyny. 

Edited by Lord Vega