Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

50 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

Before I go to bed, there is some advice that you should take heed of. Don't let these people control your emotions by getting you banned. That's what they want. Sometimes a little arrogance in place can help protect you from their kind, of no longer giving them the time of day. That's what I'll be doing from now on. 

You and StarHammer are definitely the stand out regulars of this topic. I thank you too for that so far.

You're welcome and thanks for the advice.

Edited by Lord Vega

I recently watched TMNT 1990 after a long time.

--I still cant believe they said "Damn" so many times. Raph even says "bitching" after they defeat Shredder.

--At the time of release I didnt realize, but if you take the first issue, the Raphael, Leo one shots, and 10/11 of Mirage Vol.1, and rearrange it and switch Leo to Raph getting his booty kicked, you have a somewhat accurate retelling of the comic. Much more faithful than the 1987 cartoon (which was my first "media" exposure to tmnt) - IIRC i had the first NES game, then a few toys, then began watching the show when a friend brought the VHS of the first season)

Some people many disagree with this, but the idea of Shredder getting new foot soldiers after enticing them with arcade games/cigarettes/ and then rewarding them by letting them become Foot soldiers was a clever way to show how he got new recruits and also show a POV character entering the foot.

I havent read it, but I guess they were going for Fagin from Oliver Twist. Danny wasnt annoying for an OC. Hopefully, Cole Young will follow suit.

--Its weird but Mike doesn't even speak or get a "Drawing" during the retreat at the farmhouse. There is a quick shot of him on top screaming but in Raphaels voice.  They should have shown him pummeling the boxing bag and going out of control.

--Shredder's cape looked like it was made from Heft garbage bags. As a kid, that was one thing looked cheap lol.  

I like when after the TMNT escape the antique shop, Shredder just glares at Daboog err Tatsu and he looks mortified. 

Some favorite dramatic moments for me:

Splinter lecturing about anger with Raph after he returns from the movie

splinters moments with Danny

Leo making contact with Splinter through meditation and the campfire message

When April looks back at her burning apt and id discussing the turtles on the farm

Leo and Raph reconciling in the tub

When they return from Aprlis house and find Splinter gone, and Raph screams

--Compared to the Mirage stuff, they took out Oroku Nagi, which simplifies the plot and has the effect of Shredder coming off as more evil and Hamato Yoshi coming off as totally innocent. I guess the idea of Splinter training the tmnt to assassinate shredder from the moment they were mutated was too hardcore even for this movie.

-Judith as April was great. Its funny as a kid I thought she was in her thirties, but she was only 22!. Her haircut and how she carried herself in the film generally seem older. I like how she doesnt get captured unlike many 1987 episodes and is generally assertive and not whining about her story.

Don is my favorite, and I generally like his voice. I wish got more screentime and did more SCIENCE. 

-Casey Jones is Odin. I wish he got a little more character development too.

Tatsu was dubbed by the same guy who did Tracks and cosmos in G1 Transformers , Cross Country in GIJOE, and voiced Seth in SF4 (I knew Shred/Turtles were dubbed, but I didnt know Tatsu was as a kid)

14 hours ago, DoctaMario said:

Boy child has had some kind of stomach bug and been yakking a bunch the last day or so and now my mum in law has it. The missus is starting to feel not good, so I'm imagining I'll have it before long. 😭

The joys of having children. 

That lord vega and shadyeyes are the same person.  Fuckin' dude is sitting here talkin' to himself all day.

18 minutes ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

That lord vega and shadyeyes are the same person.  Fuckin' dude is sitting here talkin' to himself all day.

Wow. You really think we are the same person? You should develop your intuition so that you will not be fooled by illusions. One thing you must realize is that sometimes you will come across people who are very similar. Humans are not that unique. Trust me, we are not the same person. 

Edited by Lord Vega
3 hours ago, DangerousJ said:

Splinter lecturing about anger with Raph after he returns from the movie

This scene always makes me cry cause even as a kid whenever I’d get depressed or angry id purposely attempt to push people out of my life so I could just do things my own way. 

I love the OG tmnt movie. Not even cause nostalgies. It’s just a really really good adaptation. 

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

Tmnt 1990 still has the best gay joke in all of movies 

It’s my favorite. 

casey: “whoa, hold on, hold on, what’s all this about about staying the night down here?!”
Donny: “You’re a claustrophobic!” 
 Casey; “you want a fist in the mouth?”

*donny shakes his head no”

*casey steps up to him*
Casey: ”ive never even looked at another guy before”

april: “what he means is that you’re afraid of enclosed spaces”

casey: “what? Me? Afraid? Pft.”

*casey backs into a wind chime and freaks*
casey: “look I don’t have to take this. Imma sleep in the truck!”

*april and Donny bust out in laughter*

there’s so many zingers in there. I love Donny trying to have an introspective conversation with Mikey and all Mikey is doing is focusing on if he shorts the pizza man or not. 

4 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

It's all tiresome to me, but the one who should be tired more of this, are people like you. At first, you all compared me to the The Damned, The Darkness, Cisco compared me to multiple users, and now after defending on what I thought was right, it's Lord Vega? You normies aren't very bright, at all.

And to refute your a little remark to me in the other topic, the old guard never gotten you people anywhere. I mean, this is how you drove real people away, so that gives me within reason to pass judgment on you with similar mindsets or even the consensus of your character itself. 

And calling me soft? I wish that you can look yourself in the mirror, because of your whining of me being here. If you had a thick skin, my posts wouldn't have bothered you, at all. Very try-hard of you. Keep that teenage basement dweller mentality, though.

It looks like I can't be kind here anymore. What a shame. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
2 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

It's all tiresome to me, but the one who should be tired more of this, are people like you. At first, you all compared me to the The Damned, The Darkness, Cisco compared me to multiple users, and now after defending on what I thought was right, it's Lord Vega? You normies aren't very bright, at all.

And to refute your a little remark to me in the other topic, the old guard never gotten you people anywhere. I mean, this is how you drove real people away, so that gives me within reason to pass judgment on you with similar mindsets or even the consensus of your character itself. 

And calling me soft? I wish that you can look yourself in the mirror, because of your whining of me being here. If you had a thick skin, my posts wouldn't have bothered you, at all. Very try-hard of you. Keep that teenage basement dweller mentality, though.

Just ignore the dumb garbage. Dealing with idiots will just drive you crazy. As you said earlier, they can get you banned. Dealing with them is like banging your head against the wall. Nothing good will come out of it. These guys are basically energy vampires who will drain you and they don't even know it. There are only a few who are cool here. 

Edited by Lord Vega
6 hours ago, Faltimar the Dark said:

The dude is literally sitting in his mother's basement, buck naked, pair of tweezers in hand, jerking it to his own posts, simultaneously mentally masturbating, as if he were Jesus fucking Christ.

Btier is a spamming, trolling poster boy for iStairs advocacy after Epidemic levels of failed pull out.

19 hours ago, Deadly_Raver said:

tell that flu bug I said this.

9rNY1W9.jpg

Thanks man. I'm feeling better today, still not out of the woods, but I spent most of yesterday in bed or on the couch and couldn't really eat. I still feel a little out of it today but not queasy so there's that. The missus is having a rough time though. She gets pretty bad heartburn and had it last night so she didn't sleep and her temp is up over 103. 😭

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Thanks man. I'm feeling better today, still not out of the woods, but I spent most of yesterday in bed or on the couch and couldn't really eat. I still feel a little out of it today but not queasy so there's that. The missus is having a rough time though. She gets pretty bad heartburn and had it last night so she didn't sleep and her temp is up over 103. 😭

Glad to hear you are doing better. 

Seeing those fever numbers. Reminds me of when I had to go to the ER. I was seeing spots. Fever was reading 104.9. 

They gave me 800mg of Advil and Tylenol and just did a cycle. I was out in about 6 hours. I never was diagnosed with anything. 

Over 103? That's high. 

I'm going to quit coffee again. Coffee hurts my body now. I will replace it with hot chocolate.  

I'm pretty sure Emptyeyes and I are from the opposite ends of the country so we are not each other, but some people will keep on thinking we are the same. There are subtle differences between us two and you have to have a certain intellect that can detect these differences.

Edited by Lord Vega
2 minutes ago, OPTIMUS124 said:

Glad to hear you are doing better. 

Seeing those fever numbers. Reminds me of when I had to go to the ER. I was seeing spots. Fever was reading 104.9. 

They gave me 800mg of Advil and Tylenol and just did a cycle. I was out in about 6 hours. I never was diagnosed with anything. 

I ran a 104 degree fever, once, in college.

Shivered so bad I couldn't even stand.

I normally run like 96.1, so that hit me like Ryu kicking a truck full of Bison straight to black.

25 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Damn.  Does she have acid reflux or regular heartburn?  also:  103 temp?  damn damn damn.  I hope she recovers soon.

4 minutes ago, Deadly_Raver said:

Damn.  Does she have acid reflux or regular heartburn?  also:  103 temp?  damn damn damn.  I hope she recovers soon.

Bit of both. Normally she can drink a bit of milk or eat some ice cream, buuuuut having a stomach bug and trying to do these will have the predictable results that I don't need to tell you about. 

12 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Bit of both. Normally she can drink a bit of milk or eat some ice cream, buuuuut having a stomach bug and trying to do these will have the predictable results that I don't need to tell you about. 

I used to have bad heartburn.

It was food allergies.

I can't eat onions without getting my shit totally wrecked.

It took a bit to weed out everything, but once I did, the heartburn went away completely.

Antacids are the worst. They don't address the actual problem, just the symptoms. Have her go cold turkey on most food for a week or two, then slowly introduce things back, until you figure out what is a no go.

15 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

And dont lie down right after eating a meal. That exacerbates it.

Bruh.  You done told the gospel right here.  I have Acid Reflux and it was so bad at one point that if I ate too much and laid down too soon, I would throw up.  Exorcist shit blowing up worse than when I used to drink.  Whatever else you folks take out of this post, take this.  Make sure your last meal is a smaller one and that you eat it at least 2 hours (Preferably 3 hours) before you go to sleep.  Don't end up spewing half a steak onto your crystal collection and killing the lights around your table.  I've already done all this and in my professional opinion, it sucks.

11 ounce medium to medium rare projectile.  I was mad the whole weekend after that.

4 hours ago, Emptyeyes said:

You're D-tier bison too?

I'm so mad. I felt lied to this whole time, but the girlyman levels are very similar.  A big part of me thinks you are either Bloody Youker or Zaltacon, but being D-tier  does make sense because there where days where I couldn't tell who was the alpha girlyman between both of you.

1 hour ago, Lord Vega said:

I'm pretty sure Emptyeyes and I are from the opposite ends of the country so we are not each other, but some people will keep on thinking we are the same. There are subtle differences between us two and you have to have a certain intellect that can detect these differences.

Facts tend to matter over feelings. Rationality escapes them in that regard, so, I've conceded to their misfortunate. I just don't fit in here, but came to terms it's not a loss either. To be honest, I rather not stay with gender or sexuality specific forums, because it's what divides people. I think I should post in this topic sometimes, instead of regularly. I'm just exhausted after the despair of going back and forth. I'll definitely use this forum more for gaming and other purposes from what on. 

44 minutes ago, JHDK said:

I used to have bad heartburn.

It was food allergies.

I can't eat onions without getting my shit totally wrecked.

It took a bit to weed out everything, but once I did, the heartburn went away completely.

Antacids are the worst. They don't address the actual problem, just the symptoms. Have her go cold turkey on most food for a week or two, then slowly introduce things back, until you figure out what is a no go.

Huh. What foods were you allergic to, mainly onions? She's allergic to green peppers but sometimes it just comes on without warning and if she hasn't taken her medication, she gets rekt. 

1 minute ago, DoctaMario said:

Huh. What foods were you allergic to, mainly onions? She's allergic to green peppers but sometimes it just comes on without warning and if she hasn't taken her medication, she gets rekt. 

Me personally?

Peanuts, onions, cinnamon, cilantro, and GMO corn. Olives oil is touch and go depending on the amount or if extra virgin.

11 minutes ago, Emptyeyes said:

Facts tend to matter over feelings. Rationality escapes them in that regard, so, I've conceded to their misfortunate. I just don't fit in here, but came to terms it's not a loss either. To be honest, I rather not stay with gender or sexuality specific forums, because it's what divides people. I think I should post in this topic sometimes, instead of regularly. I'm just exhausted after the despair of going back and forth. I'll definitely use this forum more for gaming and other purposes from what on. 

It's also possible that JHDH and DangerousK are trying to take your spot as the top girlyman in this forum which is why they are starting shit. I suggest you call him out right now; use whatever remaining man juice you have left (even if it is only a drop left) and e-fight him. Finish that man juice before you leave to south korea to surrender it.
Even lionesses fight for their spot. Do not go out like this! I will be Shao Kahn watching, and who ever wins will face me to be put to dust. 

Another goal of getting Acid Reflux/GERD under control is to prevent Barrett's Esophagus.

That is when the cells of the lower esophagus change from stratified squamous to simple columnar. Squamous cells are flat pancake like and columnar are tall and thin and are mostly found in the G1 tract. Stratified is multiple layers and simple is one layer.

This type of change is called metaplasia

Barrett's esophagus can eventually lead to esophageal adenocarcinoma.

15 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

It's also possible that JHDH and DangerousK are trying to take your spot as the top girlyman in this forum which is why they are starting shit. I suggest you call him out right now; use whatever remaining man juice you have left (even if it is only a drop left) and e-fight him. Finish that man juice before you leave to south korea to surrender it.
Even lionesses fight for their spot. Do not go out like this! I will be Shao Kahn watching, and who ever wins will face me to be put to dust. 

You're awesome, man. Ha ha ha ha!

The Damned was cool, too. He was an atheist I actually got along with. 

Edited by Lord Vega
16 minutes ago, weneedhim said:

Well, they can be messy at times with a little humor to back up that behavior. Anyway, I won't be going anywhere, just slowing down a little. Even I could put you over those types of people, for quality entertainment at the very least. Take that as a compliment. 

Edited by Emptyeyes
13 minutes ago, DangerousJ said:

Another goal of getting Acid Reflux/GERD under control is to prevent Barrett's Esophagus.

That is when the cells of the lower esophagus change from stratified squamous to simple columnar. Squamous cells are flat pancake like and columnar are tall and thin and are mostly found in the G1 tract. Stratified is multiple layers and simple is one layer.

This type of change is called metaplasia

Barrett's esophagus can eventually lead to esophageal adenocarcinoma.

Does Barrett's make swallowing harder? 

8 minutes ago, DoctaMario said:

Does Barrett's make swallowing harder? 

Sometimes.

Barrett's usually only happens after having GERD/ after more than 5 years.

It can usually be visualized by Upper GI Endoscopy.(putting a tube with small camera in the mouth and into esophagus and observing it "live" .)

I dont want to cause panic, so maybe talk with your primary care physician. They may refer you to GI specialist if they feel necessary.)

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/barretts-esophagus/symptoms-causes/syc-20352841

Edited by DangerousJ

so i was watching something fgc oriented this morning on youtube. and someone mention that evo got bought by sony. which made me go.

Say Word Lol GIF by Desus & Mero

and i was like " so mr wiz sold evo?!?! well,...i guess the quarantine hit him hard. and finalized the decision of him parting ways. too much trouble by now etc." then i went to srk and discovered he sold that too to sony. which is fine. let be real. srk forums was a huge forums but by now empty. there were like 3 peeps there at a time. better to sell it too. before it went completely belly up.

also looking the the forums members was lol surprising. especially that mr wizard is a member here. if you didnt know.

also the hot girl thread laggy as all hell. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Vega said:

What?! Those are either impersonators or people who are like me. I don't go to Fightcade. Hmm. Fascinating. What is this crazy phenomenon going on here? I seem to have many bodies. 

I wasn't talking about you. I specifically said Hehe. He's a 3S player. Unless you're Hehe, you don't need to be concerned.