Stage Select

The MEGASHOCK Saloon Thread 3: Chinder Chagger Edition

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Common sense becoming uncommon has really hurt our society.

I personally believe one of the biggest issues is how much people parrot talking points from their media source of choice and the inability of the "normies" to understand how their viewpoint is heavily skewed by propaganda.  Often times they are so far removed from the actual facts that you can't even convince them with evidence of the contrary.  The "normies" really don't appreciate what a dangerous tool they are for people with the means and will to perform acts of malice.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”

― Voltaire

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Terror  

2 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

Hey has anyone else watched Reacher on Amazon? I watched the first season. I was entertained.  Of course it's a show with a lead character that cracks skulls and busts caps in people, so it had a low bar to clear with me.

Reacher was really good.  I mean...dude would definitely be in jail IRL for the vigilantism that he was doing but we'll just ignore that.

4 minutes ago, Sonichuman said:

Reacher was really good.  I mean...dude would definitely be in jail IRL for the vigilantism that he was doing but we'll just ignore that.

Yeah that shit he did when the dudes tried to kill him...

Spoiler

In prison would have definitely got him some time. He straight up gouged out a dude's eye. 

Alan Ritchson nailed the role. He looks far more like what I'd expect Jack Reacher to be than 5' nothing Tom Cruise.

2 hours ago, elliephil said:

A family member of mine watched "Peacemaker" with John Cena and they had never watched or even heard of 'The Suicide Squad'. They were a little bit more familiar with the family friendly John Cena and sat down and watched Peacemaker with a bunch of kids in the room. Took to Facebook about it, it was so dramatic lmfao

So basically they ignored all the content warnings HBO Max gives before the content starts playing 🤔

Met up with haitan last night. Today while im at work nearly 24 hours later she texts me askin if i used a latex condom. Becayse she apparently has a latex allergy and may need to go to the hospital. Bitch.that dumb assness is on you. Lmfao why would you wait this long to ask me.. Im at work.. All i know is it was a durex 🤣

9 hours ago, Sonichuman said:

The other unrealistic part is how groups of guys seem to be completely unafraid of him.  Yeah it's 4vs1 but that guy is a built like a brick shithouse.  I saw an article that said the actor is 6ft 4 and 235, what a beast.

Edited by J-ride

That was the part of the Tom Cruise movie I thought was better, or made more sense anyway. Like I can see 4 or 5 guys stepping to a Tom Cruise. I sure don't see 10 guys stepping to what is essentially The Rock tho. Hell no. You might win but a few of you are probably gonna die, a couple will never walk again. Fuck no. Nuh uh.  Nope. 

Jack being a small and easily underestimated beast makes more sense to me really. *shrug* Haven't seen the show are read the books tho and I only saw Jack 1. I liked it enough for what it was. 

Edited by RSG3
1 minute ago, J-ride said:

In the books he is actually close to the stature of the current actor, he is 6ft 5 in the books IIRC.  Movie Jack 1 was pretty decent, the sequel sucked.

Yea I remember when Tom was cast there was a lot of hullabaloo about it because he's far too small. I'm just saying a mountain of muscles isn't very inconspicuous...nor lacking in intimidation. 

Like seriously this guys is huge, does he just roll 1s on Intimidation all day or what?

2 hours ago, RSG3 said:

Yea I remember when Tom was cast there was a lot of hullabaloo about it because he's far too small. I'm just saying a mountain of muscles isn't very inconspicuous...nor lacking in intimidation. 

Like seriously this guys is huge, does he just roll 1s on Intimidation all day or what?

lol there was no way tom wasnt getting the role...he helped produce it and the director is basically tom cruise's slave for the last decade. ...til i imdb'd this i didnt realize just fucking how many tom cruise projects christopher mcquarrie worked on. jeezus

6 hours ago, J-ride said:

I laughed pretty hard at this, NGL.

spacer.png

The Herman Cain Award subreddit is full of that. I thought I'd get tired of it, but I haven't yet. Bear in mind I'm not exactly laughing my ass off; it's more interesting to see so many brand new entries. It's like they never run out of people who talk up and down against the vaccine and/or safety measures then get casket sharp for Rona (sponsored by GoFundMe of course).

Side note: GoFundMe's employees have to be depressed at the amount of medical/funeral pages that pop up. I wouldn't last a day working there.

6 hours ago, RSG3 said:

That was the part of the Tom Cruise movie I thought was better, or made more sense anyway. Like I can see 4 or 5 guys stepping to a Tom Cruise. I sure don't see 10 guys stepping to what is essentially The Rock tho. Hell no. You might win but a few of you are probably gonna die, a couple will never walk again. Fuck no. Nuh uh.  Nope. 

Jack being a small and easily underestimated beast makes more sense to me really. *shrug* Haven't seen the show are read the books tho and I only saw Jack 1. I liked it enough for what it was. 

While I get your point, it wasn't done for that effect. It was done because Cruise wanted the role source material be damned. People licensing a property and ignoring a major aspect of it is a pet peeve of mine. 

Currently on "Comet" network--- from the great year that is 1987 (the same year that would give us The Lost Boys) ---Prom Night 2: Hello Mary Lou is on..... I remember always seeing this at Blockbuster back in the days of vhs tapes and rentals... I never got around to watching it though.  In the 80s, horror-slasher stuff was hot; it was tough to really have time for all of them.  

7 hours ago, Maxx said:

lol there was no way tom wasnt getting the role...he helped produce it and the director is basically tom cruise's slave for the last decade. ...til i imdb'd this i didnt realize just fucking how many tom cruise projects christopher mcquarrie worked on. jeezus

Yea I know that. It's not really what I am commenting on tho. 

3 hours ago, Darc_Requiem said:

While I get your point, it wasn't done for that effect. It was done because Cruise wanted the role source material be damned. People licensing a property and ignoring a major aspect of it is a pet peeve of mine. 

Yea again i get all that, but it's reaaaallly not what I am commenting on. 

Tom Cruise been put out way more good movies than bad.  I've liked a lot of movies he's in.  I've disliked a lot too.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But he's old now and I'm surprised he's still...popular?  Is he popular?  I dunno.  I was talkin' with my lady the other day and I dont know who the famous people are anymore.  I dont know who the hot actors and singers are now. 

Yea still famous and infamous, tho less infamous then he was like 10 years ago or so. He stays popular by doing stuff like the Mission Impossible series where he's a producer and does all his own stunts so you get to put the Camera right next to him during dangerous stunts. Tom has a crazy dedication to the craft of making movies and it shows. 

I like his movies but dude still crazy lol.